PDA

View Full Version : Advice on windshield cleaning

E36is
07-29-2008, 07:14 AM
How do i get rid of windshield road film. My drivers side windshield seems to be covered with some sort film that whenever i use my wiper it smears instead of clearing resulting in no visibility either in very light rain/heavy rain and snow conditions. Ive replaced my blades with bosch products (this year) but the results are still the same. Ive used a paste type product from canadian tire (glass stripper) rubbed it on the windshield 3 times and the results are still the same. Any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance.

zackman17
07-29-2008, 09:56 AM
How do i get rid of windshield road film. My drivers side windshield seems to be covered with some sort film that whenever i use my wiper it smears instead of clearing resulting in no visibility either in very light rain/heavy rain and snow conditions. Ive replaced my blades with bosch products (this year) but the results are still the same. Ive used a paste type product from canadian tire (glass stripper) rubbed it on the windshield 3 times and the results are still the same. Any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance.
hmm.. have you tried a de-greaser it will remove bug and road grime. sometimes you have to be carefull with products u apply to your windshield due to the fact that glass is porous and it will absorb the stuff you put on it like rain x ect havent heard of glass stripper...let me look into this a bit more.

E36is
07-29-2008, 11:29 AM
^^ hey, i appreciate your help! would simple green degreaser do the job as well?

here is the product i have used.

http://www.permatex.com/products/Automotive/appearance_products/glass_care/No_Touch_Auto_Glass_Stripper.htm

Mikeee46coup
07-30-2008, 04:43 PM
I find Stoners invisible glass does a great job at removing grime after a long winter/roadtrip.

bscarlett
08-06-2008, 10:41 AM
Another option is to use detailer's clay. This will remove tar and sap as well. Once it completely clean, use a high quality wax like Klasse Alll in One on the windshield, water will bead right up while you are driving and the wipers glide across the windshield. During that huge storm yesterday, I had no problem seeing after using this treatment.

E36is
08-09-2008, 12:03 PM
I find Stoners invisible glass does a great job at removing grime after a long winter/roadtrip.

^^ thanks for the recommendation! With the combination of Stoners and Rain-x i can finally see the road/traffic when its raining.