PDA

View Full Version : Nu Finish? (Polish)

330Hi
07-25-2008, 03:47 PM
Anyone have any opinions on this product?
Has anyone used it ever? Good? Bad, Ok? Stay away?

http://www.hardwarestore.com/media/product/112282_front200.jpg

If not - what wax would you guys recommend?

For a silver car...

Gamite
07-25-2008, 04:11 PM
get yourself some klasse instead

http://www.eshine.ca/klasse_twins-4.php

if you don't want to order online, get Meguiars NXT 2.0, arguably the best off the shelf wax/sealant

325iGuys_sis
07-26-2008, 12:33 AM
Meguiars FTW! :)

Dado 540
07-26-2008, 02:19 AM
Nu Finish sucks! i bought it a while ago at canadian tire, it was on sale for like $3. came home all hyped up to polish the baby...and it sucked after i was done with the hood i gave up. the bottle is still in my garage full!

Steve@ASPTuning
07-26-2008, 04:31 AM
The commericals you see are just brainwashing you to believe their products are good. But in fact they are not!

I've tried this stuff on over 5 different cars with different paint jobs, and similar scratches. None of them really improved significantly besides the car that had minimul scratches to being with. It really just covers up more than fixes. But I would not recommend this product at all.

Just my two cents.

Steve
ASPTuning

///M-TRD3
07-26-2008, 12:41 PM
I heard awesome stuff about this product also, and purchased the version in the can that has a bit more body, at the same time I had purchased the Mcguiars Clay Bar kit which comes with a sample of their wax (in the maroon bottle). I was very happy I had that around because after part of the hood with the NuFinish I honestly was unpleased, I did the other half in the Mcguiars wax that comes in the clay bar kit and it looked much butter so I continued with that.

330Hi
07-26-2008, 01:31 PM
Is Meguiars at CDN TIRE?

Steve@ASPTuning
07-26-2008, 02:13 PM
Is Meguiars at CDN TIRE?

Yes it is, and any other specilty stores like Auto Value, Parts Source, etc...

Steve,
ASPTuning

Qube
07-27-2008, 01:47 AM
I used to swear by it, then I discovered Zaino. No more Nu Finish.

Vicman17
10-30-2008, 01:06 PM
I heard awesome stuff about this product also, and purchased the version in the can that has a bit more body, at the same time I had purchased the Mcguiars Clay Bar kit which comes with a sample of their wax (in the maroon bottle). I was very happy I had that around because after part of the hood with the NuFinish I honestly was unpleased, I did the other half in the Mcguiars wax that comes in the clay bar kit and it looked much butter so I continued with that.

The sample bottle of Meguiar's is a "Cleaner Wax" which is their long-time proven one-step formula. Good for the regular everyday waxer. A better product is the Meguiar's ColorX or The Meguiar's (Mirror Glaze) M6 Cleaner Wax, all one-step.

Klasse AIO is a more advanced product and if followed by the Klasse Sealant Glaze, applied properly of course, then an LSP carnauba (P21S, S100) produces phenomenal results way beyond what a mere cleaner wax can provide.

Honestly, you need to move away from the simple retail OTC stuff and you'll find much better products.

propr'one
10-30-2008, 09:59 PM
i just wetsanded, polished, pre-wax, sealant/glaze, s1000'ed my car.

i used a random orbital with polishing compound from CT. came out ok, its definatly easier with a rotary, but i was worried about burning my paint.

elroy
11-01-2008, 01:26 AM
is there a list of what to use in steps to get the best shine. I like the OTC clay bar and wax kit from Meguiar's but after the first time, it doesnt seem to have that great of a shine anymore. If someone could do a list of what to use, thatd be great.