PDA

View Full Version : Anchor holes/lift points on a M20

Wingking
07-18-2008, 03:22 PM
Will be lifting engine tomorrow...

where the bleep are they??

325isStephen
07-18-2008, 03:43 PM
one "hook" or loop is right above the distributer cover, and the other i used was where the intake manifold is attached to the rocker cover there is also a hole you can use, they work pretty good since it helps angle the motor and trans so the tranny clears the fire wall

Steve

Wingking
07-18-2008, 03:57 PM
thanks-

I'm asking mostly because the engine is allready out of the car, however is in the back of a pickup-

I'll be using a cherry picker to take it out- engine/tranny is still attached and is placed on a wood pallette (skid).

I'm trying to figure the safest (easiest) way to get this out of the back of the truck.

Engine hoist (without load level bar) and sling strap I think is my best bet so far, unless anyone else can recomend anything else...

325isStephen
07-18-2008, 04:00 PM
hmm not 100% then, i know thats how i put mine in and took it out, but i was using a forklift, i think the front mounting point will still be good for you, other then that im not sure, maybe the engine mounts with hooks, but your absolute best bet since its on a skid is a forklift, but i doubt you have access otherwise you wouldnt ask lol

good luck, Steve

T.Dot_E30
07-18-2008, 05:13 PM
i used a bolt and nut on one of the starter bolt holds on the block, and then the hook in front mounted to the head.