PDA

View Full Version : 2 10" infinity 10.1 subsss in crappy boxx :(

noodles101
07-18-2008, 02:07 AM
i jus got 2 10" infinity 10.1 in my 96 328i ...
i got the bassworx slotted ported box. and the port noise is driving me crazy

its those ones u see at bestbuy.

i was wondering wat box is good for my subs.
duznt matter if they r ported or sealed.

( but they do pound hard im loving the subs)

Bullet Ride
07-18-2008, 08:28 AM
The owners manual for the subs should have a section with the recommended enclosure size for sealed and ported boxes.
http://manuals.harman.com/INF/CAR/Owner%27s%20Manual/Perfect%20VQ%20OM%20FINAL%20(Revised%2012-2-02).pdf

Randy
02-10-2009, 02:42 AM
mmmmm I had two 10 infinities (reference series) in a sealed box (each driver sealed separately) - in a 2002 VW Jetta (shit made-in-Mexico car). This was my first car, and first sub setup it was sweeeet. Go for a small sealed box - you'll get tight punchy bass.

tominizer
02-11-2009, 09:03 AM
Port is too small.......... can't usually throw a sub into any ole box. The box has to fit the tech specs of the sub to work optimally. Funny thing that. Many times I've been able to build setups for people that kill installs with better gear that cost a sh-tload more money because of this fact. It's amazing how good you can make a basic sub sound if you follow the specs (box size and sub power requirements).

If you go online to Infinity's web page, you should be able to get the box sizing........ or even call their customer sevice.......... assuming they have such an animal.