PDA

View Full Version : Moron Drivers / Road rage drivers

Blades
07-16-2008, 10:24 AM
So im driving on to the 401 today and im on the off ramp lane which is about to end so I speed up and this big truck almost takes me out in the ending lane JUST because he didnt want me to mirge in front of him .. WTF .. thank god for bmw handling. Guy even had the balls to give me the finger after .. I should have taken down his plates.

Btw there was shit loads of room in front of him .. its not like he would have to brake hard if I went in front of him .. I take that in to consideration before changing lanes in front of a big rig. There wasnt much room behind him .. seems like today was one of those days that people didnt leave much space.

Anyone else deal with morons this week

zackman17
07-16-2008, 10:30 AM
i had the sam thing happen to me last week but merging onto the qew in st catherines at lake the merge lane is short reg traffic lots of room infront of the truck i went for it he sped up i was floored in my jeep and i almost dint make it the driver had soo much room to slow down or move into the left lane. :mad:

5style
07-16-2008, 10:42 AM
everyday! merging onto the 400 from the 401 and sun dun jin in her vw kello kitty rabbit is in the passing lane refusing to speed up past 50km/h. other then that people not letting me merge, meh i floor it down the shoulder and BUH BYE, get in 6 cars further up.

woofster
07-16-2008, 10:44 AM
Yesterday I was driving home on the 401 eastbound. I was in the Express lanes, exiting and merging into the Collectors for the Avenue/Yonge/Bayview exits, when a lady in an old minivan tries to bypass the merge by bombing down the left-most lane (which ends and becomes the lane I'm in).

Well lo and behold, the lane has ended and I'm still in my lane. This lady continues on the shoulder just to get in front of me! She was flying too. There wasn't even anyone behind me. Perhaps she was going too fast to slow down and scoot in behind me but I doubt it. Anyways, I didn't road rage or anything but I did find it quite disrespectful and dangerous.

zackman17
07-16-2008, 10:56 AM
ive seen that plenty of times. but the best part is when your in the fast lane and someone is doing like 90 and you are behind someone else,that is also trying to pass them. they move over to let that person pass then move right back over as im passing and they will speed up to merge back over but there is no one in the lane they were in...some people are entirely stupid. and once i was going wast on lakeshore where the new ct is. so im at the lights at 12am im in the left lane getting ready to step on it to merge since that lane ends really shortly aft the light. so the light turns green i step on it dint squak my tires. i kno that i have passed the car beside me so i hit my signal check my blindspot start to merge(im still acellerating) and i look over once more and there is a ****ing cop driving right beside me i hit the brakes to get in the gap as im merging at about 40 the cop SLAMS on his brakes. i slam on mine so hard abs came on. then he flashes his lights and drives off normally I WAS SOOO FKN PISSED OFF i was a few feet away from his bumper. so i went to the police stn on coxwell and gave them the car number and said he was a jerk and almost caused a colision.

Bullet Ride
07-16-2008, 11:31 AM
Here’s a previous occurrence that I found funny:

I was on my way home from work one day, I’m coming towards an intersection (I’m in the right lane, there’s two lanes going my direction) and I can see brake lights ahead in my lane because of a few people slowing down to turn right. There is a car beside me and a little bit ahead of the car beside me a car that is signaling left because it is going to be moving into a left turning lane at the intersection. At this point I speed up to get ahead of the car beside me, and almost on the bumper of the car signaling left and in a fluid motion as the car moves into the left turn lane I slide into its spot. Needless to say it was a bit of an aggressive pass given the fact that I was speeding up towards cars that were slowing down, but there was room for me to stop if I needed to. The driver that I ended up passing was not impressed, I could tell this because he was now riding my bumper up the road, and further up the road he tried to get beside me and I glanced over and saw what was him probably swearing at me. At an intersection further up the road I was in a left turning lane and when he drove by he was flashing a piece of paper that I believe he wrote my license plate number on, as if he was going to call the police and get them to mail me a ticket? If he did call in, I apologize to the police officer that had to waste his time listening to that douche complain about me making a pass that he didn’t like

Boots R
07-16-2008, 11:49 AM
I was driving my work truck down the 401 and some asshole in a BMW cut me off! so I gave him the finger!

BigD
07-16-2008, 11:53 AM
What's the big deal about slowing down and merging BEHIND the assholes??? Is it so critical to be righteous? I'd rather have my car intact, remain calm and let them "win". The whole problem is rooted in the fact that every asshole thinks that it's everyone else that's the asshole. In a recent survey 80% of the drivers asked think the other driver is the problem...

Blades
07-16-2008, 11:59 AM
I was driving my work truck down the 401 and some asshole in a BMW cut me off! so I gave him the finger!

when you cutting off the mullet and taking a bath .. I can sleep you from here *wave*

Boots R
07-16-2008, 12:06 PM
when you cutting off the mullet and taking a bath .. I can sleep you from here *wave*

lol he had a mullet???? thats gold.:D

Meegis
07-16-2008, 12:12 PM
lol he had a mullet???? thats gold.:D

No, his teeth were gold...

Mystikal
07-16-2008, 12:21 PM
I can sleep you from here

Voodoo?

T.Dot_E30
07-16-2008, 12:23 PM
I was cruising at 100km/h in the RIGHT lane for a good 10mins....then this truck comes behind me and starts flashing his highbeams. The other lanes were clear, isn't the right lane for going slow/speed limit?

I've seen many trucks drive like 90/80km/h in the slow lane, and when i do it they wanna run me over? assholes...

JunzieB
07-16-2008, 01:49 PM
What's the big deal about slowing down and merging BEHIND the assholes??? Is it so critical to be righteous? I'd rather have my car intact, remain calm and let them "win". The whole problem is rooted in the fact that every asshole thinks that it's everyone else that's the asshole. In a recent survey 80% of the drivers asked think the other driver is the problem...

+1

It takes a lot of patience, but it can be done.

Granted, I have my moments where I know that someone is purposely trying to block me out from merging in, for those ppl I make sure that I have my indicator going and try to peacefully merge and if they persist I floor it and cut them off... at the end of the day they are just being an ass and just like myself they wouldn't like to get a big dent in their car:P

Most of the time, especially with big rigs, I slow the **** down and just let them through. Not just because It can **** me up royally but that will put a big dent in many other drivers as well if an accident were to occur.

Blades
07-16-2008, 02:15 PM

slowing down to merge into a lane is a no no .. they teach you that in driving school. Now I can understand where your coming from but there was NO room behind him .. every car was driving bumper to bumper .. I didnt anticipate the guy was an asshole and would do such a dangerous action when driving ahead. If I knew that was going to happen I would have gladly waited for another opportunity.

BigD
07-16-2008, 02:48 PM
slowing down to merge into a lane is a no no .. they teach you that in driving school. Now I can understand where your coming from but there was NO room behind him .. every car was driving bumper to bumper .. I didnt anticipate the guy was an asshole and would do such a dangerous action when driving ahead. If I knew that was going to happen I would have gladly waited for another opportunity.

Slowing down slower than the traffic yeah, but slowing down to pick a different spot to merge is different. If people don't let you in then ram them, line up your front bumper with another car's rear and merge - not fast or drammatic, just move in. The assholes will be unhappy and maybe even blare their horn but it's not your problem at this point. If you've had your blinker on a while and you gave the guy time to make room, then it's his fault if he hits you. It's a lot safer than playing chicken with the end of the ramp and the front end of a semi. There's always a safer alternative than aggression, if it doesn't look like it then it may be time to calm down and look into your own state of mind...

BigD
07-16-2008, 02:55 PM
+1

It takes a lot of patience, but it can be done.

Granted, I have my moments where I know that someone is purposely trying to block me out from merging in, for those ppl I make sure that I have my indicator going and try to peacefully merge and if they persist I floor it and cut them off... at the endof the day they are just being an ass and just like myself they wouldn't like to get aa big dent in their car:P

Most of the time, especially with big rigs, I slow the **** down and just let them through. Not just because It can **** me up royally but that will put a big dent in many other drivers as well if an accident were to occur.

Hah, looks like someone beat me to it. There are always calm ways to deal with this crap. If someone tail gates you, don't slam on your brakes, just slow down. If they want to ride your ass all the way then slow down until you come to a stop and have a chat... but odds are they'll just blow by you blaring their horn and screaming profanities at the top of their nuts - what the **** do you care.

Blades
07-16-2008, 05:14 PM
Slowing down slower than the traffic yeah, but slowing down to pick a different spot to merge is different. If people don't let you in then ram them, line up your front bumper with another car's rear and merge - not fast or drammatic, just move in. The assholes will be unhappy and maybe even blare their horn but it's not your problem at this point. If you've had your blinker on a while and you gave the guy time to make room, then it's his fault if he hits you. It's a lot safer than playing chicken with the end of the ramp and the front end of a semi. There's always a safer alternative than aggression, if it doesn't look like it then it may be time to calm down and look into your own state of mind...

I know your playing devils advocate here but listen to what your saying .. instead of making a safe merge with room and doing NOTHING to effect the trucks driving you want me to slow down and RAM my way in to a car. Your contradicting yourself completely. Bottom line I didnt do anything wrong yet the trucker just didnt want me ahead of him (could have been someone else that pissed him off and so he took it out on me)

BigD
07-16-2008, 05:47 PM
I know your playing devils advocate here but listen to what your saying .. instead of making a safe merge with room and doing NOTHING to effect the trucks driving you want me to slow down and RAM my way in to a car. Your contradicting yourself completely. Bottom line I didnt do anything wrong yet the trucker just didnt want me ahead of him (could have been someone else that pissed him off and so he took it out on me)

I'm not per se, I mean I'm not trying to say that I'm an angel all the time, I get annoyed with the assholes too but I think I've become very good at keeping my calm. Again "ram" is a relative term. I clearly qualified it saying that I don't mean to be fast or aggressive - just merge into the guy, ahead of him. That's not a contradiction of my point of calmness and safety. If he doesn't move, he's breaking the law while you're being calm, safe and predictable. Better yet, if that one prick won't move, pick the guy behind him. They're not all assholes out there, honest.

I'm not saying you were unsafe, I wasn't there. The trucker could have just been already steamed. They're just tired of kamikazes who just don't want to crawl behind the big rig, and do crazy shit. Or maybe you took an unnecessary risk. I'm just speaking generally - there's no need to be pissed off and aggressive on the public roads - calm down and let the assholes go on their way, instead of being one.

I think part of growing up as an intelligent adult is figuring out when to take life seriously and I'm realizing it's far less often than what I used to think. The shit I used to do when I was younger makes my hair stand on end - come flying on people's asses in my dad's minivan at 190-200, get brake checked, pass them on the shoulder etc. I think some people never grow out of that.

kamus
07-16-2008, 05:56 PM
I think part of growing up as an intelligent adult is figuring out when to take life seriously and I'm realizing it's far less often than what I used to think. The shit I used to do when I was younger makes my hair stand on end

You positively sweat and piss maturity. Sometimes I think I'd like to measure the limits of BigD's maturity with a 'campaign to piss-off BigD (temporarily)' :D
Young-lings! Learn from this one, and live long.

BigD
07-16-2008, 06:06 PM
You positively sweat and piss maturity. Sometimes I think I'd like to measure the limits of BigD's maturity with a 'campaign to piss-off BigD (temporarily)' :D

Lead me not into temptation *no-no*

lvan
07-16-2008, 06:21 PM
Hah, looks like someone beat me to it. There are always calm ways to deal with this crap. If someone tail gates you, don't slam on your brakes, just slow down. If they want to ride your ass all the way then slow down until you come to a stop and have a chat... but odds are they'll just blow by you blaring their horn and screaming profanities at the top of their nuts - what the **** do you care.

I agree here, but I have a unique case happened to me
I was on 404 south. Just before I hit Finch , a car tailgated me. I tryed to slow down and let him pass me but he did not. I slowed down to speed of 80-60-50 but the speed limit on 404 is 100/km/hr. The guy passed me when I brought it down to 20km/h. I just could not belive it. Also during the show he kept highbeams on. The highway at this time on Monday 1am was so empty as hell. I could not believe what had happened to me.

BigD
07-16-2008, 07:01 PM
I agree here, but I have a unique case happened to me
I was on 404 south. Just before I hit Finch , a car tailgated me. I tryed to slow down and let him pass me but he did not. I slowed down to speed of 80-60-50 but the speed limit on 404 is 100/km/hr. The guy passed me when I brought it down to 20km/h. I just could not belive it. Also during the show he kept highbeams on. The highway at this time on Monday 1am was so empty as hell. I could not believe what had happened to me.

Yeah not surprising. At least he didn't cut in front of you and slow down to "teach you a lesson". Just do what you did, slow down, if he wants to stay behind you as you stop, fine. Call the cops, get out and see what he wants. Most of these dickless ****s won't do anything without the anonymity and power of their metal box (other than maybe drive-by swearing).

There are a lot of very stupid and (usually as a result) very angry people out there. At least unlike Nevada they don't carry and conceal (not legally anyway). I'll never get over the sign at the door of their police station: "STOP! Please unload all concealed firearms before entering."

slimjim
07-16-2008, 10:12 PM
lmao today i was in the work van at a gas station and a glanced over at some guy beside me and her looks at me too. Then all i hear him mumbling..."Fking asshole stop fking looking at me, What u have nothing better to do than look at me? asshole"....i was drinking my ice cap and i almost spat it everywhere because i was going to burst out in laughter

Blades
07-16-2008, 11:24 PM
lmao today i was in the work van at a gas station and a glanced over at some guy beside me and her looks at me too. Then all i hear him mumbling..."Fking asshole stop fking looking at me, What u have nothing better to do than look at me? asshole"....i was drinking my ice cap and i almost spat it everywhere because i was going to burst out in laughter

best story yet lol .. people getting pissed just for the sake of getting pissed. You should have looked again smiled and maybe even winked hahaha. :D

propr'one
07-16-2008, 11:26 PM
lol. one of my friends ALWAYS swerves into people when they dont let him merge. Its a retarded thing to do, and i definatly dont defend him doing it, but its so much fun watching.

lvan
07-16-2008, 11:37 PM
^hahaha lol no comments.

BigD, I really did not expect anything at that point. Also when I was doing 20 on highway , It was hard to get cut off lol heheh. When I was at 20, I wanted to anticipare complete stop hehehe. I never loughed so hard. It was just crazy. I even parked my car at my house, and my family was asking me why I looked happy hehee lol.

kamus
07-17-2008, 01:02 AM
I nodded at a biker at the forks once. Just a nod not even a wave. He was facing me at the all-way stop. He didn't go so I went. Slowly. And nodded. He told me to **** off. I stopped besided him - laughing - not sure what to say.. it was just surprising. He peeled off in the opposite direction.

AceOfSpades
07-17-2008, 02:55 AM
I nodded at a biker at the forks once. Just a nod not even a wave. He was facing me at the all-way stop. He didn't go so I went. Slowly. And nodded. He told me to **** off. I stopped besided him - laughing - not sure what to say.. it was just surprising. He peeled off in the opposite direction.

lol @ this and the nothing better than looking at me:D:D

i also have one story. i just overtook a car and was now stuck in the fast lane. i tried to merge back in the slow lane but couldn't because now there was a truck tailgating me. so i was 'cool' with that and increased my speed. Now i was going 25 over in street that was infested with speed traps and he was still tailgating me:rolleyes:. Going back in the slow lane would be an option because of the speed difference and all i could see in my rearview mirror was a truck's grills. He was honking as if he was pleasuring himself with that button.

Finally i was able to merge back in the slowlane driving normally. Bitch found another victim and all i could hear was a truck's horn.

10 lights later, the truck was right beside me. All he did was racing between the lights. So, I looked at him and he looked back. He gave me the middle finger. I was speechless and completed my left turn*shiner*

5style
07-17-2008, 07:16 AM
I just drove in to work @ 5 am. Prestine!!!! It was busy but moving properly no stupid people, no cut offs, sudden pointless braking, nothing!!!! even the 401 to 400 ramp was easy and people knew that merging @ 50km/h onto the 400 is not the best idea. No one was going under 110. Why can t it be like this all the time? Does 8 am spawn some cesspool of retards that then proceed to inflict their nazi communist drive under the limit for the people theory while causing chiaos of traffic behind them?? I wish I started @ 6 daily, so i could avoid the 8 am BS i go through daily.

jstalin
07-17-2008, 09:00 AM
I just drove in to work @ 5 am. Prestine!!!! It was busy but moving properly no stupid people, no cut offs, sudden pointless braking, nothing!!!! even the 401 to 400 ramp was easy and people knew that merging @ 50km/h onto the 400 is not the best idea. No one was going under 110. Why can t it be like this all the time? Does 8 am spawn some cesspool of retards that then proceed to inflict their nazi communist drive under the limit for the people theory while causing chiaos of traffic behind them?? I wish I started @ 6 daily, so i could avoid the 8 am BS i go through daily.

communist != nazi

BMW_7
07-17-2008, 09:54 AM
communist != nazi

my brain just exploded

Boots R
07-17-2008, 10:39 AM

8am spawns volume.

kamus
07-17-2008, 10:54 AM
8am spawns volume.
yeah but i really like 'cesspool of retards' ... spat my coffee all over laptop laughing at that one

Blades
07-17-2008, 12:57 PM

majority of people work the 9 to 5 office job (toronto espeically) so you will always get traffic around those times. If there were enough work places that could allow certain time selection then maybe this wouldnt be as bad of a problem. I know a lot of people that wouldnt mind working the 10 to 6 or 8 to 4.

Blades
07-17-2008, 01:44 PM
Top ten Car morons ..

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/761582/

5style
07-17-2008, 01:46 PM
*bows*, but srsly, best drive in ever. Left work really late last night and same story no cesspool of retards to deal with in the scorching sun. I had windows down, music up, 110 cruise,and no " OMG THERE IS A CAR 8 CARS INFRONT OF ME !!11!!!11 I BETTER JAM ON THE BRAKES IN MY HELLO KITTAH VW RABBIT!!!11111!" Females infront of me. I wanted to kill that woman, she merges onto the 400 going 50 in the passing lane. Turn is LOOOONG over she refuses to speed up. I pass her on the right i can t deal with it. Looking in my rearview 8 cars proceed to do as I did until she FINALLY realized she was a moving roadblock and she swerved her hello kittah rabbit into slower lanes, hopefully the ditch, but one can only wish to be so lucky!

5style
07-17-2008, 01:50 PM
Top ten Car morons ..

the bitch that got run over by the sliding Astra
AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA funniest thing ive ever seen!!!!!!!!!!!!

"NOM NOM NOM NOM !!!"

BAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHA!

OMG THE HOPPING NEON!!! ROFL ROFL!

Blades
07-17-2008, 03:06 PM
the bitch that got run over by the sliding Astra
AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA funniest thing ive ever seen!!!!!!!!!!!!

"NOM NOM NOM NOM !!!"

BAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHA!

OMG THE HOPPING NEON!!! ROFL ROFL!

i found the one with the bus driver taking the turn to fast funny as hell. The dude on the bus fell on the floor .. got back up and sat down patiently LOL. last stop buddy .. he then figures he should get off the bus LOL.

AceOfSpades
07-17-2008, 03:33 PM
LMFAO @ hopping neon!

davericher20
07-21-2008, 01:27 AM
Oh man, one day this guy cut me off. i was so pissed.

325isdan
07-21-2008, 10:34 PM
FYI there is no such thing as the "fast" or " "slow" lane

Boots R
07-22-2008, 01:12 AM
Top ten Car morons ..

the bus driver who crashed, it wasn't her fault. Her steering linkage broke.

Blades
07-22-2008, 08:12 AM

there is the "passing" lane which some refer to as the "fast" lane because traffic is going "faster" in it.

SeRb
07-22-2008, 03:29 PM
majority of people work the 9 to 5 office job (toronto espeically) so you will always get traffic around those times. If there were enough work places that could allow certain time selection then maybe this wouldnt be as bad of a problem. I know a lot of people that wouldnt mind working the 10 to 6 or 8 to 4.

+1 when i tell my boss im coming in at 10 there is barely any traffic...

also, leaving at 6pm there is still some volume but not nearly as much as 5

Blades
07-22-2008, 05:43 PM
+1 when i tell my boss im coming in at 10 there is barely any traffic...

also, leaving at 6pm there is still some volume but not nearly as much as 5

hmm .. depends .. i find lakeshore towards gardiener a lot better at 5pm then i do at 6pm

Sneaky
07-22-2008, 06:27 PM

Tell that to The Eagles

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K2Lgh4wsu4o&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K2Lgh4wsu4o&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

325isdan
07-22-2008, 06:55 PM
there is the "passing" lane which some refer to as the "fast" lane because traffic is going "faster" in it.

well they are wronge. it is what its called, a "passing" lane. people who think its a fast lane are no better then the person driving slow in it. Its these small things that keeps North America from ever having improved speed laws since no one likes to follow the rules or feel the need to have any type of driver training.

Blades
07-22-2008, 11:42 PM
well they are wronge. it is what its called, a "passing" lane. people who think its a fast lane are no better then the person driving slow in it. Its these small things that keeps North America from ever having improved speed laws since no one likes to follow the rules or feel the need to have any type of driver training.

well when you have a douche bag chief of police .. cops only enforce "problem of the month" which is usually speeders, no seat belts, or DUI. The day they crack down on slow drivers or drivers in the passing lane that should be there is the day I become happy.

325isdan
07-23-2008, 06:55 AM
well when you have a douche bag chief of police .. cops only enforce "problem of the month" which is usually speeders, no seat belts, or DUI. The day they crack down on slow drivers or drivers in the passing lane that should be there is the day I become happy.

its your own responsibility to follow the rules not the polices.

SeRb
07-24-2008, 02:41 PM
hmm .. depends .. i find lakeshore towards gardiener a lot better at 5pm then i do at 6pm

well I get off at Parklawn... that's where the gardiner usually clogs going into downtown when im going to work, and for going home it's okay until 427 because of all the morons who can't seem to make lane changes when there's cars around them

at around 6 to me it just seems that the slow down is not nearly as bad at 6 then lets say 5-5:15