PDA

View Full Version : E30 M50 conversion...after it's done

Hartge H26
07-14-2008, 09:39 AM
Can anyone tell me what things (if any) no longer work in the E30 after a M50 conversion.

Things like:
OBC - Range
Cruise Control
OBC - Outside Temp
OBC - Consumption
Low oil light
Coolant light
Washer fluid light
etc.

Thanks

Ian Sheppard
07-14-2008, 04:52 PM
Everything works on mine aside from the low oil light. My consumption and range is off, but I'm told that is due to using the larger 24lb injectors instead of the stock ones. Everything else works, including the cruise control, accurate speedo, tach, ect. Mine is an OBD1 converted S52, but should be the same.

BigD
07-14-2008, 05:13 PM
You can make everything work, just need to go the extra mile. Some people just don't care (I know some guys only have the necessary wires hooked up to make the bastard start and run). Like I got an M3 cluster for my S52 to have a 7k tach, but it's from a 4 banger motor so we made a converter box with my dad. You can make one to adapt the consumption signal too. Oil level is the easiest one to hook up of all the 'extras', just need to run wires from the oil pan sensor to your C101 (2 wires), and splice power in somewhere. That's the only one I haven't bothered with yet. I'm going to run aftermarket oil temp and pressure, so when I put the wiring in for those I'll run wiring to the oil pan too.