PDA

View Full Version : My car + HRE wheels


M50E30
02-04-2003, 10:20 PM
Daddy wants to see what these wheels would look like!

Thanx,
Dave

M50E30
02-04-2003, 10:20 PM
And the HRE 445R wheels!

Jon@Bimmersport
02-04-2003, 10:56 PM
here ya go buddy

Jon@Bimmersport
02-04-2003, 11:03 PM
quick lowering job too hehe

rushed job..

EMPOWERD
02-05-2003, 12:08 AM
looks awsome Dave, good job Jonny5. Honestly, your current wheels look just as good... why throw away money? Use it for your interior or something else, no?

jeremy
02-05-2003, 12:10 AM
dave, i know i've said it before....BUT I LOVE YOUR RIDE *th-up*

Jon@Bimmersport
02-05-2003, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by empowerd
looks awsome Dave, good job Jonny5. Honestly, your current wheels look just as good... why throw away money? Use it for your interior or something else, no?

thanks

the pic doesnt do daves wheel's justice...you have to see it in person to appreciate it..i say roll the fenders and dump it a bit more..then it'll look amazing! then you can work on the interior i guess...i say just refinish the interior with leather and like sport seats from the factory.

Jon@Bimmersport
02-05-2003, 01:03 AM
this is exactly what i mean...

M50E30
02-05-2003, 01:42 AM
Jon thank you for doing that for me!

Well needless to say i'm staying with my current wheels (i'm so damn picky about wheels it isn't funny). They don't look as good as would have thought. Besides those HRE's are just under $6,000 (no rubber)! :eek:

PS: Thanx for the price Hamman Kid! I kinda expected it to be out of my range.

davide30
02-08-2003, 08:15 PM
I think you have some little problem when you lowered your suspention with photoshop.Reply me your impression.
thank you.

M50E30
02-08-2003, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by davide30
I think you have some little problem when you lowered your suspention with photoshop.Reply me your impression.
thank you.

Too low! My car sits low enough and if I go any lower I will distroy my car off of everything (ie: speed bumps, small animals, and manhole covers).

Dave
:D

AndreNY
02-09-2003, 11:32 PM
Dave i really LOVE your car looks good 4 door like that, i bit more lower it would look perfect, and some nice 17" deep dish would look good but 2 much $$$, so even if you stick with the current rims and suspension set-up your car will still be HOT *th-up* *th-up* *th-up*

M50E30
02-09-2003, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by AndreNY
Dave i really LOVE your car looks good 4 door like that, i bit more lower it would look perfect, and some nice 17" deep dish would look good but 2 much $$$, so even if you stick with the current rims and suspension set-up your car will still be HOT *th-up* *th-up* *th-up*

Andre,

The car sits just right for me...low. I will be sticking with the current wheels but the suspension is going to be changed to a true H&R coilover kit (hope jeremy can hook a fellow E30 guy up ;) ). And you car is looking pretty tight too Andre!

Dave

BMW BMXer
02-09-2003, 11:52 PM
IMO the old wheels look better (thicker spokes are good) but the big brakes look good as well, get big brakes!

(sell me ur springs too) :P

jeremy
02-09-2003, 11:58 PM
dave if your going to do a big brake kit WAIT !!!! randy and i are putting something together that should be ready for summertime.....sorry thats all i can say, top secret.......BUT i can tell you our kit will be A HELL OF ALOT CHEAPER than any leading competitor ! and of NO LESSOR QUALITY !, in fact it should be BETTER

M50E30
02-10-2003, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by jeremy
dave if your going to do a big brake kit WAIT !!!! randy and i are putting something together that should be ready for summertime.....sorry thats all i can say, top secret.......BUT i can tell you our kit will be A HELL OF ALOT CHEAPER than any leading competitor ! and of NO LESSOR QUALITY !, in fact it should be BETTER

Well since I only have a stock M50 under the hood I will be looking at a BBK later. Just want to do the coilovers and upgrade the stock brakes (ie: ss braided lines, pads, rotors, and fluid). I'm shure Randy and you will end up with having something really nice!

*th-up*

jeremy
02-10-2003, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by M50E30
Well since I only have a stock M50 under the hood I will be looking at a BBK later. Just want to do the coilovers and upgrade the stock brakes (ie: ss braided lines, pads, rotors, and fluid). I'm shure Randy and you will end up with having something really nice!

*th-up*

sound's good....even if we dont get a group buy going, i'll hook you up with a good deal on the coilovers..*th-up*

BoBimmer
02-10-2003, 04:22 AM
*mw* Ok Ok now that my mouth is officially watering! Whats up with the BBK? Should I wait for it>? I am trying to get everything on my car upgraded and ready for an engine swap~ And breaks are one of the next things on my list so lemme know how serious the break kit really is. Hopefully if your serious I can wait for it! Also will I be able to keep my stock 18's with this kit and keep my VSX lowering kit? THANX GUYS!! YA'LL ROCK! KIDDS!*wave* *th-up*

jeremy
02-10-2003, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by BoBimmer
*mw* Ok Ok now that my mouth is officially watering! Whats up with the BBK? Should I wait for it>? I am trying to get everything on my car upgraded and ready for an engine swap~ And breaks are one of the next things on my list so lemme know how serious the break kit really is. Hopefully if your serious I can wait for it! Also will I be able to keep my stock 18's with this kit and keep my VSX lowering kit? THANX GUYS!! YA'LL ROCK! KIDDS!*wave* *th-up*

you can use your 18"s.....if your doing the engine swap i would build you a kit that provides you with:

-a set of wilwood 4 pot calipers (1.75" pistons)
-a set of wilwood pads
-custom carrier brackets
-11" rotors cross drilled (brembo)
- 6 pc (earls) ss brake line kit
- a replacement brakes booster
- a replacement master cylinder

all this would run you around 1750.00 CANADIAN...

i also have a kit in the works for a regular e30 (without m50 swap) that would only run about 1050.00 CANADIAN

BoBimmer
02-10-2003, 01:37 PM
You and Randy da' manz KID! LOL Thanks! When will you start producing these?

jeremy
02-10-2003, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by BoBimmer
You and Randy da' manz KID! LOL Thanks! When will you start producing these?

summer for sure...if not sooner....let me know if you know anyone else interested*th-up*

WASABI
02-10-2003, 10:57 PM
Dave, those are some seriously nice lookin wheels. Big fan of HREs too. I'd get gunmetal (maybe even black) centre with polished lip.

M50E30
02-11-2003, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by WASABI
Dave, those are some seriously nice lookin wheels. Big fan of HREs too. I'd get gunmetal (maybe even black) centre with polished lip.

For $1,425/wheel...I'll pass. Too rich for my blood. *sad*

Shotta
02-17-2003, 04:26 PM
thought id give it a try, heres what it looks like

Jon@Bimmersport
02-17-2003, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Shotta
thought id give it a try, heres what it looks like

shotta thats some awesome p-shoppin man!!!!! im suprised..u said u sucked at it, whats your impression of good?! lol

M50E30
02-18-2003, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by Shotta
thought id give it a try, heres what it looks like

Shotta,

Nice job! I think that when I get the coilovers on the car thats the hight I would probably use for shows and track (since tracks are a hell of alot smoother than our lovely roads).

Dave

Shotta
02-18-2003, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by E46_lover
shotta thats some awesome p-shoppin man!!!!! im suprised..u said u sucked at it, whats your impression of good?! lol

lol thanks, thats my best job yet, i wanna learn how to swap wheels

Shotta
02-18-2003, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by M50E30
Shotta,

Nice job! I think that when I get the coilovers on the car thats the hight I would probably use for shows and track (since tracks are a hell of alot smoother than our lovely roads).

Dave

your car will look so sweet at that height, i dont know much about e30's but are you gonna have to roll your fenders?

M50E30
02-18-2003, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Shotta
your car will look so sweet at that height, i dont know much about e30's but are you gonna have to roll your fenders?

Roll 'em and probably flair 'em too. Nothing to crazy tho! *th-up*

Shotta
02-18-2003, 06:52 PM
that would look pretty sick!