PDA

View Full Version : Need Engine transportation ideas...

Wingking
07-11-2008, 02:14 PM
Headed out to buttseks nowhere to pick up a newused engine/tranny for my car. (engine and tranny are still attached)

I have a Toyota Matrix (as a daily driver) with a class 1 hitch...and/or access to a pickup.

The catch is, I'll be allllllllllllll alone...I'm meeting the seller about 2.5 hours away, and he'll have assistance to put the engine in the trailer/truck bed.

My question is...how did YOU transport your engine from wherever...keep in mind, this is a good 3hour trip...AND, would you rent a uhaul trailer and use that, OR use a pickuptruck...

thoughts?

DriveItSideways
07-11-2008, 02:45 PM
I use my p/up all the time, just strap her down and your good to go.

You can get cheap/decent tie straps at princess auto.

Wingking
07-11-2008, 03:58 PM
engine hoists are rentable right?

me thinks it's the way to go....
sick....it's alll comming to fruition...*uzi*

mirek
07-11-2008, 04:17 PM
I drove from ottawa to toronto with the 1.8T engine from an audi TT in my old works cube van. We had pretty much every other part of the TT in the back too, seats, dash, wheels, everything minus the body :)

Eurostyle
07-12-2008, 02:29 AM
I drove from ottawa to toronto with the 1.8T engine from an audi TT in my old works cube van. We had pretty much every other part of the TT in the back too, seats, dash, wheels, everything minus the body :)

Somebody whent car boosting! lol

archrival
07-12-2008, 03:25 PM
Just take the p/up and put a tire in the back, drop it on the tire and tie it down. Unless you are going to save a ton of gas with the Matrix that will cover the cost of the trailer rental.