PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know where I can get my chrome headlight housings blacked out?

maroli
07-02-2008, 02:18 PM
Hello, I have a nice set of hella ellipsoids which have a chrome housing. I'd like to get 'em blacked out. Does anyone know anyone or anywhere that will do this? I'll even be fine with a member or non-professional doing it, as long as they can do it properly and not spray my lens or something, lol. Thanks.

maroli
07-02-2008, 02:18 PM
note:I would do it myself, but I will end up getting more paint on everything aside from the part I'm supposed to paint

maroli
07-02-2008, 04:43 PM
I got a quote from some guy in TO for $250. Seems a little high.....

vadim321go
07-02-2008, 06:46 PM
all you need to do is get some black electric tape, there is DIY somewhere on bimmerforums. do a search

maroli
07-02-2008, 06:53 PM
yeah, I've come across a few DIY's but I'd prefer someone who knew what they were doing to do it

Eurotakeover
07-03-2008, 03:50 AM
if you follow the diy correctly then you shouldent have any problems. No point paying a high price for something you can do yourself

SeRb
07-03-2008, 10:48 AM
for my car...

i'd have to remove the headlights from my car, break the seal keeping moisture from coming in to my headlights, open them up, clean everything yadda yadda yadda paint the things i gotta paint, then here's the BITCH PART...

resealing the housing so that they let NO moisture in AT ALL...

few of my friends did this only one of them did it properly.. the others always got moisture leaking getting into their housing...

because i've seen a few do it themselves and fail i would recommend that you go to a professional unless you're comfortable doing it and confident that you'll do a good quality job

maroli
07-03-2008, 11:01 AM
hey, I'm with ya on that one....just need to find one!