PDA

View Full Version : Another reason why CANADA is starting to suck ....

punnzzells
07-01-2008, 06:40 AM
Another reason why and how Canada is starting to suk big juicey thick calk!

Well... I see where they are going with this and it's pretty pathetic... if you want to buy an older BMW or any other car that is 15yrs or older, you better do it soon... check this out..

http://www.tc.gc.ca/roadsafety/importation/study/menu.htm

Lee
07-01-2008, 06:57 AM
My 525 Touring is 16 year old
My e30 M3 is 20 year old
My 2002 us 30year old

All these three cars are US imports and have never crashed them. I wonder who did the above study? A lobby of car manufacturers wanting to sell new cars? Come on. This is unrealistic.

Lee

punnzzells
07-01-2008, 07:12 AM
I know LEE....tell me about it... 80 cars crashed with 1 fatality and 1 serious injury in 4 years out of 25,550 cars.. OUUUH watch out! This is obviously either insurance based survey or intended to kill importing of older cars....

the only reason that I found this is article is b/c I wanted to bring in an Alfa from europe.... and of course you can only bring in 3 ugly models 1994 - 1995. Fiat... hahahah... forget it... ALL inadmissible... why? because they weren't built for the USA... since when was Canada part of the USA?

adaseb
07-01-2008, 09:06 AM
Its all a load of CROCK.

Bullet Ride
07-01-2008, 10:05 AM
Good useage of my tax dollars. How about you government buggers use it to fix the shitty roads that were probably a factor in those crashes.

Eurotakeover
07-01-2008, 03:12 PM
Good useage of my tax dollars. How about you government buggers use it to fix the shitty roads that were probably a factor in those crashes.

I like that. Thats actually worthy of an argument! Nice

BimmerboyPH
07-01-2008, 08:22 PM
Wow, this country is pathetic. When is someone in the government gonna step forward with a pair of bollox and tell these spineless twats enough is enough, we are sick of this shit. Stop ruining life for the rest of us!

As long as the car is looked after and kept in good mechanical shape, there shouldnt be any problem with it.

elroy
07-01-2008, 09:08 PM
ive seen more honda accords and civics that have more rust that acutal body left on. They're younger than 15 years. so the government is telling me those cars are safe? Maybe ont should change its law so its like PEI where you need to get not only emissions done every 2 years, but also safety. Then come back with age of the car and its roadworthyness.

Arash
07-01-2008, 09:48 PM
So why you guys so pissed? they're basically saying that "Older vehicles should be subject to the rules of the Registrar of Imported Vehicles, just as newer vehicles are." So as long as the car passes safety you should be good to go.

ZHP_Bimmer05
07-01-2008, 11:11 PM
isnt only for importing?

King Luis
07-02-2008, 12:24 AM
i think north americans in general are a bunch freaked out control freaks.
why can't the governement here be like european?

punnzzells
07-02-2008, 05:31 AM
So why you guys so pissed? they're basically saying that "Older vehicles should be subject to the rules of the Registrar of Imported Vehicles, just as newer vehicles are." So as long as the car passes safety you should be good to go.

That's just it... I don't want the RIV program and the stupidity.... 15 years was the only exception to the rule to get a car into Canada that an enthusiast loves... ! If you subject these cars to the RIV, then that means BIG mods to the bumpers, lights, belts, and crap.... for example... why is it in Europe you can drive a FIAT 500 or Uno ( smaller than a smart car) and they drive FAST in Europe, but I can't even get that car into Canada? What about less emissions, the environment? Would I not be the doing the GREEN thing with a smaller car....that's why I am pissed.. it's all BULLSHIT!!

Look.... I work, I pay taxes... in a FREE country I should have the choice to drive a car like the Fiat and if I kill myself in it.... that's my choice..... to clean my guts up off the street is creating work which stimulates the economy anyways..

Canada is too in my FACE with rules and regulations that HAVE nothing to do with making a better society... and don't get me started on emission tests.. that's another scam...!

BigD
07-02-2008, 08:47 AM
If the country's not free enough for you, you're still free enough to buy a plane ticket and gtfo.

SeRb
07-02-2008, 10:18 AM
a lot of times people import older versions of cars which laws forbid them from importing new ones (like skylines etc)

but wow, 80 cars out of 25,550... thats 0.31% (LOL not even 1%) over 4 years thats an average of 0.08% LOL, 1 FATALITY AND 1 SERIOUS INJURY ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

i think a higher percentage of people have died from an apple falling from a tree into their mouth thus choking to death

King Luis
07-02-2008, 12:18 PM
If the country's not free enough for you, you're still free enough to buy a plane ticket and gtfo.

"you are free to do what they tell you."
heard it from a song. it's about the government and it's pretty true. no country is free cause the government restricts you from lots of things.

BigD
07-02-2008, 12:50 PM
"you are free to do what they tell you."
heard it from a song. it's about the government and it's pretty true. no country is free cause the government restricts you from lots of things.

Yup. And like I said if you don't like that, one of the things they let you do here is leave. There are still places on earth where no one will tell you what to do, see how that works out.

I don't get guys like punnzells, whining more than my grandmother and not offering a single solution or showing an attempt to fix it. When they told me the 2008 Z06 was no longer legal for import due to the bumper crap, I found that they were considering changing the law and I spammed the shit out of the transport minister. He wanted more detail and I explained my specific case, how a car that GM finds to be safe in 2007, is unchanged for 2008 and is no longer safe.

If it really sucks so much, and you think Europe is so much better, go! And I'm not trying to say it like a childish "if you're not with us, you're against us" - I'm serious, that's why people emigrate. They just usually come HERE from Europe but hey you can try it the other way and see what it's like. I'm not going to waste my time giving examples of why every other country sucks even worse than Canada, you can go see for yourself (and not as a tourist, but as a bill and tax paying resident for a few years).

SeRb
07-02-2008, 01:14 PM
When they told me the 2008 Z06 was no longer legal for import due to the bumper crap, I found that they were considering changing the law and I spammed the shit out of the transport minister. He wanted more detail and I explained my specific case, how a car that GM finds to be safe in 2007, is unchanged for 2008 and is no longer safe.

they changed that bumper law now right?

to me it's shitty that they want to get rid of importing the 15 year old cars but its much better that they changed the bumper laws for the newer cars so that people can bring them in

BigD
07-02-2008, 02:03 PM
they changed that bumper law now right?

Yup!

to me it's shitty that they want to get rid of importing the 15 year old cars but its much better that they changed the bumper laws for the newer cars so that people can bring them in

But that's the thing, they're only talking about it! If no one opposes the notion, or only a few people do, guess what? The government has to assume that the majority of the public support the idea! You know how they say that those online petitions don't work? Well they don't, if they stay on the internet. But if you forward them to the people who make the decisions and are "talking about it", they will listen!!! The ****ing Governor General in her writing about the bumper law change, cites all of us who wrote to her and the minister of transportation explaining our support, as well as an online petition of 1400 people. They care!!! But if they don't hear you, what good does your whining do?

SeRb
07-03-2008, 10:17 AM
They care!!! But if they don't hear you, what good does your whining do?

I totally agree but that's where the biggest problem lies. People complain and complain but when it comes to do something pro-active it seems like they lose interest. Even the simplest thing like you said writing a letter or signing a petition that will properly get forwarded to the propper official at the government.

They think **** that shit, why would these assholes listen to me?

IMO It's way easier opposing something BEFORE it becomes a law than it is after the fact.

Guess we'll see how it pans out.

punnzzells
07-22-2008, 05:13 PM
Yup. And like I said if you don't like that, one of the things they let you do here is leave. There are still places on earth where no one will tell you what to do, see how that works out.

I don't get guys like punnzells, whining more than my grandmother and not offering a single solution or showing an attempt to fix it. When they told me the 2008 Z06 was no longer legal for import due to the bumper crap, I found that they were considering changing the law and I spammed the shit out of the transport minister. He wanted more detail and I explained my specific case, how a car that GM finds to be safe in 2007, is unchanged for 2008 and is no longer safe.

If it really sucks so much, and you think Europe is so much better, go! And I'm not trying to say it like a childish "if you're not with us, you're against us" - I'm serious, that's why people emigrate. They just usually come HERE from Europe but hey you can try it the other way and see what it's like. I'm not going to waste my time giving examples of why every other country sucks even worse than Canada, you can go see for yourself (and not as a tourist, but as a bill and tax paying resident for a few years).

I whine because it's my right.. lol!

BigD - you are a 100% right... I am free to leave and I do plan on doing that.

5style
07-22-2008, 10:32 PM
Yup!

But that's the thing, they're only talking about it! If no one opposes the notion, or only a few people do, guess what? The government has to assume that the majority of the public support the idea! You know how they say that those online petitions don't work? Well they don't, if they stay on the internet. But if you forward them to the people who make the decisions and are "talking about it", they will listen!!! The ****ing Governor General in her writing about the bumper law change, cites all of us who wrote to her and the minister of transportation explaining our support, as well as an online petition of 1400 people. They care!!! But if they don't hear you, what good does your whining do?

Tell me who to spam and send a well formulated letter to. I did the bumper regulation emails too, spammed the **** out of them and got replies which i rebuttled. I want my bloody 126, who do i fight this time?

Bartacus
07-23-2008, 02:32 PM
I think the major problem is most people don't know WHO to complain TO. Joe Average (ie me) usually doesn't have a clue who to write in regards to these things. Someone should sticky a thread on here with that kind of info, especially in regards to importing vehicles and the laws associated with that stuff. If people like BigD, who've had success that way, could post up HOW they contacted these people, WHO they contacted, and the result, I think people would be a lot more pro-active in getting this crap fixed, or at the very least letting the RIGHT people know they're disappointed with a particular law/bylaw/etc.

Bart

tominizer
07-24-2008, 03:16 PM
Canada is fuk-ed. It's true. But the rest of the world is more fuk-ed. Biggest problem in Canada is that Canadians are a fukin' bunch of sheep that will take it in the azz and still go about their biz without doing fuk-all.

Bartacus
07-25-2008, 08:50 AM
Canada is fuk-ed. It's true. But the rest of the world is more fuk-ed. Biggest problem in Canada is that Canadians are a fukin' bunch of sheep that will take it in the azz and still go about their biz without doing fuk-all.

That's because we're too mellow. With Canucks its either pot, booze, both, or worse. :)

Bart