PDA

View Full Version : Twin Turbo V8 X5 spyshots

Gamite
06-27-2008, 03:19 AM
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2008/06/02bmw_x5_tt_v8_spy.jpg

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2008/06/05bmw_x5_tt_v8_spy.jpg

Trekz
06-27-2008, 03:21 AM
damn so how does one go about getting a job test driving all these prototypes on the track :D

Gamite
06-27-2008, 03:31 AM
well, #1: move to Germany.

magnus
06-27-2008, 04:12 AM
#2 Be able to drive like a God!

Bullet Ride
06-27-2008, 07:15 AM
trailer hitch FTW.

tominizer
06-27-2008, 08:37 AM
That trailer hitch is a new option that BMW makes you bend over and ride before you come in for servicing. Their new moto......... first we service you, then your vehicle.

Interesting............... with the price of fuel, why they don;t do a hybrid instead.

saix
06-27-2008, 10:31 AM
Interesting............... with the price of fuel, why they don;t do a hybrid instead.

Because Germans know better. Everyone knows hybrids are a joke and nothing but a marketing scheme along with all the other going green crap. Diesel or just drive consistently and don't accelerate fast. Shoot, they were probably chilling in the sun smoking a cigarette thinking "stupid Americans will buy anything big and fast..."

Fel
06-27-2008, 10:38 AM
Because Germans know better. Everyone knows hybrids are a joke and nothing but a marketing scheme along with all the other going green crap. Diesel or just drive consistently and don't accelerate fast. Shoot, they were probably chilling in the sun smoking a cigarette thinking "stupid Americans will buy anything big and fast..."

LOL... were they twirling their mustaches, with evil laughs as well?

No, really, you're right.... I think the Hybrid think is a bandaid on a bullet wound. Eventually people will realize that. The only way to fix the energy problem is to build different engines, or change the source of energy. Hybrid is only an expensive babystep sideways from what we were already doing.

But anyways... this is a thread about a twin-turbo V8. No sense discussing fuel efficiency. :D

JunzieB
06-27-2008, 11:05 AM
well, #1: move to Germany.

Damn! I knew there was a downside to coming to Canada!:mad:

#2 Be able to drive like a God!

I'm currently working on that:D Anyone wants to take me under their wing*wave*

But anyways... this is a thread about a twin-turbo V8. No sense discussing fuel efficiency. :D

+1:D

330Hi
06-27-2008, 11:08 AM
Is BMW targetting a wrong market these days given gas prices or is something else wrong?!

Gamite
06-27-2008, 11:12 AM
Is BMW targetting a wrong market these days given gas prices or is something else wrong?!

And you think Chrysler is? Like clarkson said, it isn't what you drive, it's how you drive. The twin turbo 3.0L is actually very efficient if you drive it nicely. The V8 shouldn't be too far off consumption because the turbo helps power efficency.

<object width="450" height="370"><param name="movie" value="http://www.liveleak.com/e/b34_1214206244"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.liveleak.com/e/b34_1214206244" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="450" height="370"></embed></object>

AMG_POWER
06-27-2008, 11:17 AM
that I would buy.

330Hi
06-27-2008, 11:37 AM
it isn't what you drive, it's how you drive.

+999

I've been doing quite a bit of HWY driving (80%) and I'm getting about 10.5km/ltr avg.!! :)

saix
06-27-2008, 11:55 AM

In my mind, if you're driving a car that costs more than $30,000 then you honestly don't need to worry about gas prices if you can afford a car that much.

Shoot if I had a fast ass Porsche I wouldn't mind living off ramen to pay for gas *drink*

Why is there a guy in the backseat on a computer?

carscoe
06-27-2008, 12:02 PM
In my mind, if you're driving a car that costs more than $30,000 then you honestly don't need to worry about gas prices if you can afford a car that much.

Shoot if I had a fast ass Porsche I wouldn't mind living off ramen to pay for gas *drink*

Why is there a guy in the backseat on a computer?

probably datalogging

e36_freak
06-27-2008, 12:27 PM

smart ppl dun care about gas prices

1. it's how you drive
2. if you need it and you use it don't bitch about it. it's part of life. things will get more expensive

"Accept certain truths: prices will rise, politicians will philander, you too will get old and when you do, you'll fantasize that when you were young, prices were reasonable, politicians were noble and children respected their elders."
lol

Bullet Ride
06-27-2008, 01:36 PM
That trailer hitch is a new option that BMW makes you bend over and ride before you come in for servicing. Their new moto......... first we service you, then your vehicle.

I heard the rich milfs love the idea

JunzieB
06-27-2008, 01:58 PM
smart ppl dun care about gas prices

1. it's how you drive
2. if you need it and you use it don't bitch about it. it's part of life. things will get more expensive

"Accept certain truths: prices will rise, politicians will philander, you too will get old and when you do, you'll fantasize that when you were young, prices were reasonable, politicians were noble and children respected their elders."
lol

LMAO!!!:D