PDA

View Full Version : Do Not Buy Fogs From Ddm Tuning

5style
06-20-2008, 01:31 AM
2nd week on the e36 the fog cracks from heat on stock bulbs from the OEM fogs , with laminex applied. The other fog is perma foggy with some kinda oil coating on the inside. total failure, I recommend staying away.

Eurostyle
06-20-2008, 02:01 AM
Good to know...My friend was thinking of getting them....Maybe i should let her know...

5style
06-20-2008, 02:04 AM
Fil, im going to ring you tomorrow, have a few questions about some parts, and , you can t pull a dent for me can you?

As for the fogs, absolute GARBAGE, glass too. I suggest plastic fogs 100%, now i have one stocky and one ddm light. :S

98Dinan3
06-20-2008, 02:45 AM
just contact DDM and they'll take care of you...

summit425
06-20-2008, 06:31 AM
I never had a problem with them but yeah if you have a problem try contact them first and they will take care of you.

I bought few parts from them and I never had a problem with them. (they are best on the price)

5style
06-20-2008, 08:03 AM
just contact DDM and they'll take care of you...

I did and i was basically told to eff off

T.Dot_E30
06-20-2008, 09:04 AM
are you sure the heat caused the crack? and not just your back luck?

Take a picture of the other one, i want to see what you mean.

Gamite
06-20-2008, 09:42 AM
I never had a problem with them but yeah if you have a problem try contact them first and they will take care of you.

I bought few parts from them and I never had a problem with them. (they are best on the price)

you have E46. your fog lights are plastic.

5JABIJ8
06-20-2008, 10:37 AM
I got a set from DDM and the passenger side cracked in less than a week......*uzi**uzi*

Boots R
06-20-2008, 10:44 AM
Fil, im going to ring you tomorrow, have a few questions about some parts, and , you can t pull a dent for me can you?

As for the fogs, absolute GARBAGE, glass too. I suggest plastic fogs 100%, now i have one stocky and one ddm light. :S

glass fogs > plastic fogs for light dispersion and lack of yellowing.

5style
06-20-2008, 09:28 PM
I got a set from DDM and the passenger side cracked in less than a week......*uzi**uzi*

thank you, so im not the only one.

M3ti Compact
06-21-2008, 09:33 AM
Don't buy from DDM! Many people have gotten hit with their substandard products and substandard service including myself. Yes you save money, but it truely is a case of "you get what you pay for". Please anyone who wants to buy from them, do a search on just this forum- if it wern't for their prices, DDM would have gone bankrupt a long time ago!

5style
06-21-2008, 03:01 PM
Don't buy from DDM! Many people have gotten hit with their substandard products and substandard service including myself. Yes you save money, but it truely is a case of "you get what you pay for". Please anyone who wants to buy from them, do a search on just this forum- if it wern't for their prices, DDM would have gone bankrupt a long time ago!

The skirts are good on my car, i fitted fender anti rust rubbers like the 97+ have and now the spacing is gone. BUT, still, DDM SUCKS ASS.

Boots R
06-21-2008, 05:25 PM
thats what everyone gets for being such cheapasses.

When something seems too good to be true, it usualy is.

98Dinan3
06-21-2008, 05:49 PM
Who did you talk to @ DDM? Deal with jim Powell directly, and I bet he takes care of the issue for you.

ScotcH
06-21-2008, 09:02 PM
The bumper (M3 front) is mint ... not sure about anything else.

vadim321go
06-21-2008, 11:52 PM
talk to jim, he will take care of you!

5style
06-22-2008, 12:42 AM
talk to jim, he will take care of you!

How can I email him directly? Or do I have to call?

vadim321go
06-22-2008, 10:19 PM
call them and ask for jim or leif, either one will take care of you. jim is the owner, leif is a manager. if that doesnt help just post in one of the ddm tuning's threads on bimmerforums. jim is always on there

5style
06-23-2008, 01:02 AM
Thanks, will do tomorrow!

ScotcH
06-24-2008, 12:18 PM
Well I juist installed their depo knock-offs with apexcone HiDs ... this is for better light since I live in the sticks. Let me tell you, these are complete shit compared to ZKWs that I had in the M3. The light housings themselves seem OK, but the guts are really cheap and flimsy ... they rattle around, and the adjustments don't really work. I had to bend some metal to get the H1 bulbs to fit.

However, the HIDs are pretty good, and put out good light ... and they are stupid cheap (can't go wrong with $100 for lights WITH HIDS!).

So, as I said before, the M3 bumper rocks ... the rest of the stuff, you get what you pay for.

BMW_7
06-24-2008, 02:44 PM
thats what everyone gets for being such cheapasses.

When something seems too good to be true, it usualy is.

+1

OEM parts are expensive but they are still the way to go. Or suffer the consequences.

BMW_7
06-24-2008, 02:58 PM
Well I juist installed their depo knock-offs with apexcone HiDs ... this is for better light since I live in the sticks. Let me tell you, these are complete shit compared to ZKWs that I had in the M3. The light housings themselves seem OK, but the guts are really cheap and flimsy ... they rattle around, and the adjustments don't really work. I had to bend some metal to get the H1 bulbs to fit.

However, the HIDs are pretty good, and put out good light ... and they are stupid cheap (can't go wrong with $100 for lights WITH HIDS!).

So, as I said before, the M3 bumper rocks ... the rest of the stuff, you get what you pay for.

Depends what kinda depo knock offs you have. There are ZKW knock offs (ones I have) or BOSCH knock offs (405 style has)

depo ZKW (smiley projectors)

http://nu-garage.com/e36/depo/e36_depo_1.jpg

depo BOSCH (chrome surround projectors)

http://www.ad-tuning.de/bilder/bilderebay/leuchten/96er/4/960368.jpg

but the BOSCH version looks cheap unless you black out the chrome, or at least paint it silver. thats IMO tho