PDA

View Full Version : Radar Detector

ShortShifter
06-16-2008, 10:37 PM
Hey guys im heading out to Alberta where radar detectors are legal. I wish they were legal in Ontario....anyways just wondering if anyone knows where I can get one for my trip out there? Or if you know the best kind to get. Thanks.*wiggle*

98Dinan3
06-16-2008, 10:40 PM
Beltronics STi driver is the one to get if you ever want to use it in Ontario. It is undetectable to the authorities...

ShortShifter
06-16-2008, 10:41 PM
How much and where can I get it?

ShortShifter
06-16-2008, 10:43 PM
wtf $500....

http://www.beltronics.com/sti.html

///Milan
06-17-2008, 12:14 AM
Best 500 you'll ever spend in your life. Or so I hear.

Boots R
06-17-2008, 12:16 AM
well you can't buy them in ontario if that's what you're asking.

ZHP_Bimmer05
06-17-2008, 12:29 AM
you get get one of those here?

Mikey83
06-17-2008, 08:26 AM
Beltronics STi driver is the one to get if you ever want to use it in Ontario. It is undetectable to the authorities...

x2 on that

ShortShifter
06-17-2008, 10:15 AM
well you can't buy them in ontario if that's what you're asking.

Yeah I figured I wouldnt be able to do that...I was thinking online somewhere...does anyone have this setup? You dont have to announce it here if you dont feel comfortable but just shoot me a pm and let me know what you think of it and where you got yours.

Thanks.

StikiGreenZ
06-17-2008, 10:27 AM
Do they sell them in Alberta since they are legal there?

kamus
06-17-2008, 03:10 PM
Educate me on this - once the device alerts you, is it not already too late to correct your speed? It cannot warn you before it detecs the radar, but by then the cop should have been alerted to your speed - no?

e36_freak
06-17-2008, 03:16 PM
Educate me on this - once the device alerts you, is it not already too late to correct your speed? It cannot warn you before it detecs the radar, but by then the cop should have been alerted to your speed - no?

it could warn you that police is radaring cars around you. before the cops can even see your car in some cases

Boots R
06-17-2008, 03:56 PM

RADAR guns send out a signal in a general radius (whatever direction it's pointed). the signals bounce off cars and return to the radar gun, and record the time it took the signal to return to the source. It sends another signal out, and sees how long it takes to return to the source that time. Based on how long the signal takes to return, and how far apart each signal was sent out, tells the RADAR gun how fast a person is travelling.

since the RADAR signals aren't concentrated like a laser (LIDAR), the ones that don't bounce off the car/object it's aimed at, just keep heading straight until the signal gets so weak it dissapates, or bounces off something.

A radar detector looks for these signals that haven't bounced off cars and returned to the source, and sound an alarm if they detect those types of signals. Since the signal is initially pretty strong, it can travel pretty far, and be detected a fair distance away. Even if the signal DID bounce off your car and headed towards the source, the signals aren't going the speed of light, and dissipate over distance, the signal wouldn't be strong enough to give a reading. You have to be fairly close to a source to get an accurate reading.

(for example, automatic door openers act on the same principle. If it detects an object approaching it's sensor, it opens the door. But it doesn't open the door when you're still in the parking lot... the signal is too weak).

LASER detection though, is another story. 99% of the time, if you are alerted of a LASER detection.... you're already ****ed.

tripleXL
06-17-2008, 03:57 PM
Once you get it, you will want to drive 50+ constantly.

Mickey Knox
06-17-2008, 03:58 PM
you are only going to be screwed by insta-on radars and laser, could go the passport 9500i route plus laser jammers if you want to overengineer it

kamus
06-17-2008, 04:51 PM
Cheers Boots - so i guess i was thinking about Laser, not radar.

I guess some warning is better than none, particularly if one just thinking about speeding, and not actually speeding.

Boots R
06-17-2008, 04:59 PM
Cheers Boots - so i guess i was thinking about Laser, not radar.

I guess some warning is better than none, particularly if one just thinking about speeding, and not actually speeding.

Most of the time, when I had my radar detector, I had at least 8-10 seconds warning.

ShortShifter
06-17-2008, 05:06 PM
Most of the time, when I had my radar detector, I had at least 8-10 seconds warning.

Which one "did" you have boots?

Boots R
06-17-2008, 05:21 PM
Which one "did" you have boots?

I had the beltronics 895, sold only at radioshack. I drove down to Buffalo and bought one. I am not at liberty to discuss how the radar detector made its way across the border. *angel*

It died on me though, after I left it in my car all winter. The cold probably broke it. :(

ShortShifter
06-17-2008, 05:28 PM
I had the beltronics 895, sold only at radioshack. I drove down to Buffalo and bought one. I am not at liberty to discuss how the radar detector made its way across the border. *angel*

It died on me though, after I left it in my car all winter. The cold probably broke it. :(

LOL*no-no*

What was the price on it? Would you buy another one??

Boots R
06-17-2008, 05:38 PM
LOL*no-no*

What was the price on it? Would you buy another one??

200 USD I believe.

And if I drove as much as I used to, i'd get another one for sure. It's the long drives you really get use out of it.

roaster
06-17-2008, 05:50 PM
I got the Bell STI it works like a charm worth every penny.
Price is about $500.00

Mikey83
06-17-2008, 06:00 PM
Bel STI and a good Laser jammer is a good setup

kamus
06-17-2008, 06:08 PM
^^ Laser jammer - so which *would* you use?

kamus
06-17-2008, 06:10 PM
Once you get it, you will want to drive 50+ constantly.

...but what about unmarked cops in traffic? If they're not using radar, they can still see you fly by

kevin325
06-17-2008, 06:36 PM
I got the Bell STI it works like a charm worth every penny.
Price is about $500.00

If i order it from their website, can they ship it over to me? PM me if you would like.

Thanks!

Mikey83
06-18-2008, 08:16 AM
^^ Laser jammer - so which *would* you use?

"I" use LPP (Laser Pro Park)
Search it up and you will find it, even youtube has some clips of it in action.

ShortShifter
06-18-2008, 10:27 AM
"I" use LPP (Laser Pro Park)
Search it up and you will find it, even youtube has some clips of it in action.

Yeah that looks pretty sweet....can police do anything when they see that the laser isnt picking up your car? IE can they pull you over and check for a jammer??

Fel
06-18-2008, 11:58 AM
Laser jammers are a federal offense... if you're caught using it, prepare to go to jail.

ShortShifter
06-18-2008, 12:02 PM
Laser jammers are a federal offense... if you're caught using it, prepare to go to jail.

I think the police found my thread...lol

I know they are illegal here...maybe I should have clarified. Are they illegal in Alberta or in any provinces between Ontario and Alberta?

Boots R
06-18-2008, 12:03 PM
I think the police found my thread...lol

I know they are illegal here...maybe I should have clarified. Are they illegal in Alberta or in any provinces between Ontario and Alberta?

Federal means nationwide. I'd be too scared to **** with laser jammers.

ShortShifter
06-18-2008, 12:09 PM
Aright well forget that idea....I will stick to the radar detector for the trip...

Mikey83
06-18-2008, 06:45 PM
When I get hit, I slow down to PSL and shut it down, so far so good.

I even did a fly by in the city to some cop on a tripod 3 times and I didnt shut it down. He kept looking at his gun and though tit was facked up haha. I wouldnt try it on the OPP though.

Let me remind you its called Laser PRO PARK, its a park assist system even the manual says so. If I ever do get caught its easy to get off in court, and I have never heard of anyone getting caught with a jammer here or in the USA ever, most cops dont believe it works or believe it works. Dont be scared, I'm not.

Mikey83
06-18-2008, 06:56 PM
Heres all I could find on anything that came near to a laser jammer.... anyone else can cite me a law that says I go to jail? If ya get caught with a LJ its the same as getting caught with a RD looks like.

Its legal til you get caught.

VERBOTEN

Speed measuring warning devices

79. (1) In this section,

“speed measuring warning device” means any device or equipment designed or intended for use in a motor vehicle to warn the driver of the presence of speed measuring equipment in the vicinity and includes any device or equipment designed or intended for use in a motor vehicle to interfere with the effective operation of speed measuring equipment. 1996, c. 33, s. 12.

Speed measuring warning device prohibited

(2) No person shall drive on a highway a motor vehicle that is equipped with or that carries or contains a speed measuring warning device. 1996, c. 33, s. 12.

ShortShifter
06-18-2008, 08:56 PM
[QUOTE=Mikey83;1167626

(2) No person shall drive on a highway a motor vehicle that is equipped with or that carries or contains a speed measuring warning device. 1996, c. 33, s. 12.[/QUOTE]

It says only highways...

elroy
06-18-2008, 09:53 PM
most roads are highways, just not a major highway. ie highway 2 - kingston

c4sh
06-18-2008, 11:25 PM
if you get caught they take it away right ??

Mikey83
06-19-2008, 12:02 AM
if you get caught they take it away right ??

Its like a RD they will take away and give you fine or whatever.
I dont know where people say you go to jail are coming from :huh?:

Like I said mines a parking sensor *th-up*

NOTORIOUS VR
06-19-2008, 12:21 AM

Exactly.... A pricey but, clearly worth it Parking sensor lol...

Do want.

Fel
06-19-2008, 12:27 AM
Its like a RD they will take away and give you fine or whatever.
I dont know where people say you go to jail are coming from :huh?:

The jail thing related specifically to laser jammers, not radar detectors.

Like I said, laser jammers are a federal offense. Not the same thing as having a radar detector... usually they just take those and fine you. If you ever get caught jamming a laser, you'll likely get a trip in the back of a cruiser. Don't use them unless you know what you're doing... I won't elaborate.

ShortShifter
06-19-2008, 10:23 AM

Like I said, laser jammers are a federal offense. Not the same thing as having a radar detector... usually they just take those and fine you. If you ever get caught jamming a laser, you'll likely get a trip in the back of a cruiser. Don't use them unless you know what you're doing... I won't elaborate.

Are you a PO?

Mikey83
06-19-2008, 06:20 PM

Look up the federal offense and paste it here, I have never heard of such a thing.

I'll be waiting........

Ihavenocar
06-12-2009, 03:32 AM
^^no response huh

Dado 540
06-12-2009, 04:50 AM
I got pulled over by a cop that had the unit for detecting radar detectors mounted on his dash. He was driving in the opposing lane and passed me, a van and another car. I notice he made a U turn and guess what car he pulled over. Yup the BMW.

Anyways pulls me over tells me that i have a radar detector in my car, and that he wants it now. I say i do not own such thing. He gets me to come out and searches me, searches my car, looks through the grills (for jammers). I even had the tape adapter connected to my iPod and he pulls it OUT asking "what is this how does it work" I was shocked, pissed and furious at the fact he went through my car.

Apparently if they have the unit in the car that detects the radar detectors they have the right to search your car. Must have been the van or the other car that was behind me that triggered his shit, but he pulled me over.

Qube
06-12-2009, 04:55 AM
My "friend" got the Bel STi online from radarbusters.com. My "friend" says it's the best investment he made, and there was no shipping/duties/confiscation attached to it coming in from the States.

Go for it. Just make sure you get the latest variant. Check the serial number.

EDIT: about the searching, they can stop you and search your car all they want. They **CANNOT** search you unless they have reason to believe you are carrying a weapon.

magnus
06-12-2009, 05:03 AM
Mark this down and i am telling you this from years of using this things.

Best value for money is the Passport 8500 or 9500.
I have bought one and it has the best range and has saved my ass tons of times! Anything better than the passport will cost silly amounts of money!!!!!!

propr'one
06-12-2009, 01:38 PM
^^we can't use those in canada, gotta use something undetectable by cops.

The STI driver is wicked, running that + trapster gives one a nice security blanket.

Laser jamming isn't a HTA offense, its a FCC offense. And as stated, its serious shit.

I wouldn't let the cop search your car. Honestly, dont ever let cops search your car. Stand outside of the car, and lock it. If the cop has the legal right to search you, he will arrest you, and take your keys and unlock the car. If he does not, he wont.

Dr. Flyview
06-12-2009, 02:05 PM
Problem is I think at least in Toronto, they use mostly LIDAR, don't they? Considering they are being sold as "parking sensors", they can suck your left nut. Maybe the right one too when that one loses the saltiness.

Fel
06-12-2009, 02:48 PM
Look up the federal offense and paste it here, I have never heard of such a thing.

I'll be waiting........

Sorry must have missed this..... thread from the dead!!

Umm... no. You look it up. I'm busy.

propr'one
06-12-2009, 02:57 PM
flav, Doesn't matter, its an illeagal FCC device. The fine is 25K AFAIK.

noodles101
06-14-2009, 03:15 AM
i have an ipod fm tuner. and it goes all static when theres radar .

propr'one
06-14-2009, 05:34 AM
^^you realize that's completly rediculous right?

X band works from 8GHZ to 12GHZ. The radio works at 87-108 mhz. Dont see that being a problem?

Jim .E.
06-14-2009, 09:04 AM
My "friend" got the Bel STi online from radarbusters.com. My "friend" says it's the best investment he made, and there was no shipping/duties/confiscation attached to it coming in from the States.

Go for it. Just make sure you get the latest variant. Check the serial number.

EDIT: about the searching, they can stop you and search your car all they want. They **CANNOT** search you unless they have reason to believe you are carrying a weapon.

+1 I know someone else who bought it from there and we used it every time we went to Blue Mountain. Saved our asses more than enough times.

noodles101
06-14-2009, 01:57 PM
^^you realize that's completly rediculous right?

X band works from 8GHZ to 12GHZ. The radio works at 87-108 mhz. Dont see that being a problem?

um it actually goes static nd the music dies and i look up to see . and theres radar at like 2 football fields away. im serious man LOl my buddy told me the same thing too.

noodles101
06-14-2009, 01:59 PM
i live around richview plaza ( islington and eglington area) and theres always alwys cops by the st goerges golf course. and fm transmitter saved me few times lol hahahahah...

philthy328
06-14-2009, 05:32 PM
Laser pro park is bullshit apparently.
http://www.laserjammertests.com/laserpropark.htm

rendered
06-15-2009, 05:24 AM
Laser pro park is bullshit apparently.
http://www.laserjammertests.com/laserpropark.htm

Thanks for the link!

and I was just going to buy an LPP kit to try it out!

It looks like they were onto a good idea. Parking system that secretly doubles as a Laser radar jammer?!

"no officer, this is my laser parking assist system"

Besides, once you get a hit, you slow down immediatly, and you turn off the system anyways to deter from suspiscion from the cops after you cause an error once on their gun!

Bel STi or STi-R FTW

propr'one
06-15-2009, 05:27 AM
^^yep, but i'm waiting for them to come out with one with GPS locked out alerts. Whenever i've been around an STI its always given out at least a couple false alerts an hour when cruising on the highway in the city.

philthy328
06-15-2009, 01:07 PM
What about the valentine 1? im surprised none of you have mentioned it. my dad, mom, bro and i all have one, and it has saved all our ass's tons of times.

Dr. Flyview
06-15-2009, 01:19 PM
^^ That's detectable by the cops. Since in Ontario radar detectors are illegal, if they detect it, you're screwed for having it.

philthy328
06-15-2009, 01:49 PM
^^ That's detectable by the cops. Since in Ontario radar detectors are illegal, if they detect it, you're screwed for having it.

****, that sucks. Move to the west coast, smoke some green stuff, go surfing, and have a valentine 1.

Dr. Flyview
06-15-2009, 02:15 PM
Yes, we'd all love that.

Qube
06-16-2009, 04:24 PM
The ONE time *someone I know very closely* didn't hook up the STi... *someone I know very closely* got dinged this morning :)

Mikey83
06-17-2009, 08:36 AM
Laser jammers is not an FCC offense radar jammers just so ya guys know, and if caught with a laser jammer its the same fine as having a radar detector.

I've been in this for last 4 years so I know all the rules.

Ontario drivers only safe radar detector is the Bel STi (which is also made in Mississauga, go figure)

ShortShifter
06-17-2009, 03:48 PM
Whats so good about the bel sti? Undetectable.

Mikey83
06-17-2009, 04:33 PM
Thanks for the link!

and I was just going to buy an LPP kit to try it out!

It looks like they were onto a good idea. Parking system that secretly doubles as a Laser radar jammer?!

"no officer, this is my laser parking assist system"

Besides, once you get a hit, you slow down immediatly, and you turn off the system anyways to deter from suspiscion from the cops after you cause an error once on their gun!

Bel STi or STi-R FTW

That site is bullshit.

Check http://www.guysoflidar.com/july-2008/laser-jammer-test.html
these guys do tests that ain't bias every summer and report the findings.
Ive had my LPP for 2 years now and has saved my ass plenty of times, the new unit out is called "Laser Interceptor" aka LI which is better than my LPP at this point.

And for people saying its some huge FCC fine its not for fack sakes, FCC deals with Radar waves/signals not Lidar/laser shit get the facts right.

A laser/lidar jammer fine is same at radar detector fine, its taken away and you pay a fine, a Radar Jammers is the FCC shit your thinking since your firing back radar waves to fack up the radar on the police end. A laser jammer only blocks out the lidar gun so it cannot read the car speed with pulses of light, which FCC has fack all to deal with.

Like I said too many times "Radar Jammers" is what will fack you over with the FCC not Laser Jammers, I repeat Laser Jammers.

"Radar Jammers are transmitters tuned to interfere with ("jam") a radar signal. The intentional use of jammers is considered "malicious interference" and is strictly prohibited by the Communications Act of 1934, as amended, as well as by FCC Rules. Anyone using a jammer risks such penalties as losing an FCC license, paying a fine, or criminal prosecution.

The Communications Act of 1934 states:

Sec. 333. Willful or malicious interference. No person shall willfully or maliciously interfere with or cause interference to any radio communications of any station licensed or authorized by or under this Act or operated by the United States Government.

(June 19, 1934, ch. 652, title III, Sec. 333, as added Pub. L. 101-396, Sec. 9, Sept. 28, 1990, 104 Stat. 850.)

Sec. 501. General penalty

Any person who willfully and knowingly does or causes or suffers to be done any act, matter, or thing, in this chapter prohibited or declared to be unlawful, or who willfully and knowingly omits or fails to do any act, matter, or thing in this chapter required to be done, or willfully and knowingly causes or suffers such omission or failure, shall, upon conviction thereof, be punished for such offense, for which no penalty (other than a forfeiture) is provided in this chapter, by a fine of not more than $10,000 or by imprisonment for a term not exceeding one year, or both; except that any person, having been once convicted of an offense punishable under this section, who is subsequently convicted of violating any provision of this chapter punishable under this section, shall be punished by a fine of not more than $10,000 or by imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years, or both.

(June 19, 1934, ch. 652, title V, Sec. 501, 48 Stat. 1100; Mar. 23, 1954, ch. 104, 68 Stat. 30.)

Sec. 510. Forfeiture of communications devices

(a) Violation with willful and knowing intent

Any electronic, electromagnetic, radio frequency, or similar device, or component thereof, used, sent, carried, manufactured, assembled, possessed, offered for sale, sold, or advertised with willful and knowing intent to violate section 301 or 302a of this title, or rules prescribed by the Commission under such sections, may be seized and forfeited to the United States. "

Any more questions ? go ahead

Mikey83
06-17-2009, 04:35 PM
Whats so good about the bel sti? Undetectable.

Yes and its a very good RD, only one better is the V1 but its not undetectable to the Spectre aka RDD aka Radar detector detector that police use.

More info at
http://www.guysoflidar.com/spectre.html

propr'one
06-17-2009, 05:10 PM
Mikey, you're wrong. I'm sure of it. I'm not gonna look up the particular laws, but i'll point you in the right direction if you like.

A) its not an FCC violation, because the FCC doesn't exist in canada. There's a canadian equivalent organization, i forget their name,
B) not all laser jammers are actually illeagal at all. Passive jammers (Meaning jammers that only turn on once they detect a laser beam), aren't illegal. Unfortunately, since laser light travels at the speed of light, its impossible for a passive laser jammer to be effective in blocking laser
B) the criminal element in a laser jammer is intentionally broadcasting interference waves. This is the same crime as broadcasting pirate radio, or broadcasting any other signal meant to intentionally disarm or knock out another device operating on the same wavelength.

I absolutely guarantee you that active laser jammers are illeagal. I further guarantee that they are NOT a HTA offence (which is why you dont find the fines in the act), and that they are MUCH more serious.

Having said that, i would really like to see your setup sometime if you come by a meet, we've both been on this forum long enough to figure out i'm not a cop *th-up*

I'm not ragging on you for having a laser jammer. If i thought it was prudent, i'd run one aswell. Probably not worth it with our gov't nazi stance on driving, but i'd still like to check your system out.

btw, KMPH.ca sells STI drivers within canada with shipping to canada. I've been told they ship to ontario, haven't tried.

Edit 2: The gov't office which regulates stuff like laser jammers and radar jammers is: Industry Canada Spectrum Management. There's a local office in toronto.

Mikey83
06-17-2009, 06:44 PM
Mikey, you're wrong. I'm sure of it. I'm not gonna look up the particular laws, but i'll point you in the right direction if you like.

A) its not an FCC violation, because the FCC doesn't exist in canada. There's a canadian equivalent organization, i forget their name,
B) not all laser jammers are actually illeagal at all. Passive jammers (Meaning jammers that only turn on once they detect a laser beam), aren't illegal. Unfortunately, since laser light travels at the speed of light, its impossible for a passive laser jammer to be effective in blocking laser
B) the criminal element in a laser jammer is intentionally broadcasting interference waves. This is the same crime as broadcasting pirate radio, or broadcasting any other signal meant to intentionally disarm or knock out another device operating on the same wavelength.

I absolutely guarantee you that active laser jammers are illeagal. I further guarantee that they are NOT a HTA offence (which is why you dont find the fines in the act), and that they are MUCH more serious.

Having said that, i would really like to see your setup sometime if you come by a meet, we've both been on this forum long enough to figure out i'm not a cop *th-up*

I'm not ragging on you for having a laser jammer. If i thought it was prudent, i'd run one aswell. Probably not worth it with our gov't nazi stance on driving, but i'd still like to check your system out.

btw, KMPH.ca sells STI drivers within canada with shipping to canada. I've been told they ship to ontario, haven't tried.

Edit 2: The gov't office which regulates stuff like laser jammers and radar jammers is: Industry Canada Spectrum Management. There's a local office in toronto.

I actually know the guy who runs KMPH.ca and radar jammers emit radio waves which is the offense your thinking about not active laser jammers. Ive had this discussion so many times with people over the years and know people that have been caught with them. Same fine as have a radar detector weather you agree with me or not its up to you.

Passive and active laser jamming I know all about these , but to make sure the police dont get a reading you have to use active regardless.
Using products like Veil or mounting a car bra are forms of passive jamming but what will they give you ? 10-50 ft of protection when getting hit at >1000ft? not good enough for me.

And yes active jammers are illegal we both know that already, as I keep stating its the same fine as getting caught with a RD.

Lidar does not use "interference waves" as you put fourth, so it has nothing to do with anything such as the FCC or the Canadian counterpart, defination "lidar (a measuring system that detects and locates objects on the same principle as radar but uses light from a laser" all the jammer doing is blocking the laser light, nothing to do with radio wave or "interference waves" thats why I keep saying "radar Jammers" are very illegal and thats on the same grounds as running an illegal FM station etc.

Dr. Flyview
06-17-2009, 07:52 PM
^^ You seem knowledgeable in this but, when I read about laser jammers, it said they emit laser forward to interfere with the laser from the LIDAR. i.e. Same principle as a radar jammer. I don't see how else it could block the LIDAR, unless the whole front of your car is covered by what you claim is a laser blocker.

Mikey83
06-17-2009, 08:04 PM
^^ You seem knowledgeable in this but, when I read about laser jammers, it said they emit laser forward to interfere with the laser from the LIDAR. i.e. Same principle as a radar jammer. I don't see how else it could block the LIDAR, unless the whole front of your car is covered by what you claim is a laser blocker.

Ok listen, radar and lidar are not the same, radar uses waves on a wider scale to hit objects and then return them to the radar gun. Lidar uses pulses of light aka laser to hit an object head on. So radar and lidar you cant throw in the same question as radar detectors are only used to let people know there is a radar signal coming from somewhere as when using a laser jammer you are actually stopping it from getting a reading.

Laser is a light, so your blocking the laser with a firing sequence from the laser jammer head or heads at the same time. Each laser jammer has to see the lidar hitting it and then react but firing back at the same pulse rate as the lidar gun firing at it so it cannot get a reading. Each laser jammer has different gun pulse rates already built in , thats why the new LI jammer actually tells you which Lidar gun is hitting you. *th-up*

A Laser jammer is just a head mounted in your front grill, depending on which jammer you get and how many heads you mount, each setup will give more or less protection.

Diode jammers are the best, I would stay away from LED based ones such as Blinder :cool:

Dr. Flyview
06-17-2009, 09:28 PM
Yes, I understand, I'm just saying that the general principle of radar JAMMERS and laser JAMMERS is the same, so I COULD understand if laser jammers also fell under the same criminal penalty as radar jammers. You seem pretty sure that it's otherwise though.

On another note, how do you deal with instant-on radar guns? Say he turns it on when you're 50-100m away while already pointing straight at your car, do you still have time to slow before he gets a reading?

Mikey83
06-17-2009, 09:35 PM
Yes, I understand, I'm just saying that the general principle of radar JAMMERS and laser JAMMERS is the same, so I COULD understand if laser jammers also fell under the same criminal penalty as radar jammers. You seem pretty sure that it's otherwise though.

On another note, how do you deal with instant-on radar guns? Say he turns it on when you're 50-100m away while already pointing straight at your car, do you still have time to slow before he gets a reading?

They cant fall under the same criminal act because of the way they differ in principal. You need a license to send out radio waves, you dont with sending out light if ya get the basic point.

IO aka instant on is the hardest to protect from , if they do that all your detector is letting you know is your getting a ticket and just pull over. *thmbsdwn*