PDA

View Full Version : Another scam in Kijiji

richmak
06-11-2008, 08:44 PM
Fellow members,

This is just to post another example of scam on the internet.

I found this car in toronto.Kijiji.ca.

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/f-cars-vehicles-cars-over-5K-W0QQerrorIdZ1QQCatIdZ28

The following is the email response from the owner.

Subject: Re: Reply to your "LIKE NEW 2006 325xi BMW" Ad on Kijiji

Hello there,

I am glad to hear that you are interested to buy my 2006 325xi BMW . Although I am registered in Canada, I`ve recently moved to Portugal (where my family is from) and the car is being shipped from here.
I bought this car from Canada but when i tried to register it here in Portugal they said that i can't register it because it's a Canadian vehicle and we have to do serious engine modifications in order to comply with the EU emission standards. As I said before, it is a Canadian model (which complies with the Canadian emission standards) and Europe regulations are different, also the fees to register it here in Portugal would be around 5800 euros.I want to sell it in Canada because the car is still registered there.The price is low because here in Portugal nobody wants to buy it and so instead of keeping it in garage I decided to sell it to someone back in Canada.As no one will buy a car from overseas instead of local one only if the price is really attractive.
The car comes with clear title, it is free of loan and liens.You will get from me the keys and all documents to register the car on your name.If the car is not how i described it, i will offer a full refund. It will be insured during transportation and will be delivered at your address in maximum 15 days. Final price is CAD $ 12,000 (the price includes shipping and insurance fees).
I want to inform you that the transaction will be supervised by eBay and both you and me are 100% covered during this transaction.

Let me know if you need any further details about my 2006 325xi BMW with 28,000 kilometers.

Thank you!

Soldo
06-11-2008, 08:46 PM
Haha, i love the effort these scumbags put in hese scams!

Mr.535
06-11-2008, 08:55 PM
I had the same thing last week for a 67 Impala. The lady said she was in new york and wanted to go through some shipping company that doesn't exist.

Soldo
06-11-2008, 09:04 PM
I really feel bad for the people that actually fall victim to these, but i guess it's buyer beware!

Mikeee46coup
06-11-2008, 11:18 PM
It's crazy when you consider these scumbags probably spend as much time infront a computer as those of us with legit jobs.

Dado 540
06-12-2008, 12:24 AM
how is this scam carried out if its going over ebay?

Boots R
06-12-2008, 12:31 AM

because it's not really going through ebay.

Eurostyle
06-12-2008, 01:21 AM

It has nothing to do with ebay!...Just a lie like all the rest of the ad...

lvan
06-12-2008, 02:00 AM
Portugal is way ahead of Bosnia. I seen some huge Brabus beznos that have no issues with Emissions. I wonder what will he say if we tell him that we have someone in Portugal to test drive it. hehehehe I bet it's gonna be bail out time.

slemmer
06-12-2008, 08:43 AM
I think it's worth a shot to see what the response will be.

VSanj
06-12-2008, 08:47 AM
^^lol..............yeah try to contact him see what he says.

Nascar318is
06-12-2008, 08:59 AM
Portugal is way ahead of Bosnia. I seen some huge Brabus beznos that have no issues with Emissions. I wonder what will he say if we tell him that we have someone in Portugal to test drive it. hehehehe I bet it's gonna be bail out time.

I've done that with 2 guys, one from St.Lake and one from NYC, told him my buddy is a trucker and I want him to test drive it, and if he likes it he'll put it in his truck and bring it home.. Never heard back again...

denisemichel
06-12-2008, 09:24 AM
wow, the guy seems serious but i wouldn't risk it.