PDA

View Full Version : Car Wont Start.........

blastedM3
06-07-2008, 11:35 PM
Recently picked up my project 318ic cabi and it was running fine and started with no problem....

The other day i started it and it was running(idling) for about 15-20 min and the engine started to shake and shut off. After this happened no matter what i did it wouldnt start. It cranks and the engine wants to start but wont......

Stuff i checked or did:

Intake hose
new air filter
new spark plugs

I have no idea what it could be or what it is.

I also would like to know if anyone here knows or has a diagram of the fuse box with all the fuses and what amp fuses and where they go.Mine is missing like 7 and i have no clue what amp fuse to put in.

Any help is appreciated.

thanks
sami

slimjim
06-08-2008, 12:52 AM
do u have any gas? on one e30 i worked on it showed it wasnt emty but i got 10L of gas, put it in and it started rite up.

Eurostyle
06-08-2008, 02:24 AM
First of all you have to establish what the main cause is; no fuel/no spark. If both are present (more unlikely), you have to check main mechanical problems such as timing, compression etc...

The fuse box has many spear fuse spots that are empty, so that wont be a problem, but you do have to check wich ones. I might have a spear owners manual for it...

v_bimmer
06-08-2008, 04:34 AM
did you check your fuel pump???

FuryriderX
06-08-2008, 09:48 AM
sounds like you ran out of gas. i'd check that first.

blastedM3
06-08-2008, 10:54 AM
Gas was the fist problem i thaught of but i put in gas and still did not start.

As for the fuse box,i tested the empty location and they had power coming in to them so i'm thinking it has to be for something....

How would i check the fuel pump....i took out my back seat and took the little cover off but how do i test it to see if it still works?

Could this also be a relay problem or any other electrical problem?

thanks
sami

FuryriderX
06-08-2008, 11:34 AM
you'll hear the fuel pump if you turn the key to 'on' - it should make a humming sound.

what do you mean 'wants' to start?

here's the fuse box numbers for you. link (http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=60297&highlight=e30+fuse+box)

blastedM3
06-08-2008, 01:12 PM
^^^Thanks furyriderx after i spoke to u on the fone i went and checked those 3 relays and i played around with them and figured out that it was the fuel pump relay. I switched it and vrooom right there it started.

Thanks to all for their support and input.

FuryriderX
06-08-2008, 02:03 PM
ta-daaaaa! so are you coming to get that rebar now? :P

blastedM3
06-08-2008, 03:29 PM
ill probably come for it tomorrow during the day some time...ill call u b4 i head out.

thanks
sami