PDA

View Full Version : Insurance Claim Question.

Wannabe
06-06-2008, 12:52 AM
First of all I am pretty sure this is the right section for it.. it is car related and my car is a bmw so it is bmw related.. haha

Anywho My car was vandalized back in January. I was on the road for work from january - April and never dealt with it. It is really starting to bug me now, but I am wondering if it is too late for me to contact my insurance comapny, and/or if they need a poilce report.

Now the damage was done to the windshield and the hood. Normally I wouldn't worry about it and buy a new windshield, but I have a gouge(sp?) in my hood as well and now the clear coat is starting to peel (unrelated). So I debating whether or not to go through insurance.

What are your opinions, and keep in mind, I dont have much $$.

James.

jstalin
06-06-2008, 08:37 AM
Did you file a police report? If not, there's no chance of you making a claim

Wannabe
06-06-2008, 09:16 AM
I called the police, and talked to them, but they never came out to take a look.

ShortShifter
06-06-2008, 09:22 AM
You should just buy the part yourself. Odds are the insurance company will laugh at you...

jameswbl
06-06-2008, 09:47 AM
if you are covered under comprehensive...you can claim your policy but it may increase your premium later

and didn't you say the damage happened yesterday???...so file a claim now...do it as early as possible

ShortShifter
06-06-2008, 09:56 AM
if you are covered under comprehensive...you can claim your policy but it may increase your premium later

and didn't you say the damage happened yesterday???...so file a claim now...do it as early as possible

Anywho My car was vandalized back in January.

:idea:

SeRb
06-06-2008, 10:17 AM
i understand that you say you don't have much money, but your car was vandalized in january. in roughly 6 months you couldn't save the cash to fix your car?

i'm not trying to knock you but if you didnt save ... start saving now and don't go through insurance, your premiums will probably go up, even more if you've had a claim or two in the past

i.m.o it'll cost you less in the long run if you do it yourself

Wannabe
06-06-2008, 08:08 PM
Yea I know I realize that.. I just never really thought about going through insurance until lately, well i never really figured I would get the hood fixed.