PDA

View Full Version : Ignition Power for AMP -e90

BMRbudz
05-31-2008, 04:36 PM
Sup guys,

New max bimmer guy here!
I just got my amp and sub hooked up at futureshop. The problem is the guys put a switch in my dash for me to turn off everytime I decided to turn off the car. I know I will forget to turn it off and my battery will die.

How can I get power to the amp from the ignition? Or what other solution do you guys recommend?

SamE30e
05-31-2008, 06:09 PM
That guy at future shop is a ****ing moron. You're supossed to run the remote turn on wire from the back of the deck to the amp, so the amp is only on when the stereo is on.

BMRbudz
05-31-2008, 07:21 PM
yo sam, thx for the repie...Is there a DIY for this? I am pissed about the killed switch to the amp...

SamE30e
06-01-2008, 12:35 AM
Seriously, its the blue wire from your deck, run it to the REM port on your amp

If you don't know how to do it, just bring it to a installer. Or back to futureshop.

Rajrules
06-03-2008, 01:13 PM
The People at futureshop DO NOT know what they are doing. I think you should take your car to highend car audio company. I would recommed Concepts on Wheels in Markham or 12 Volt in Toronto

elroy
06-03-2008, 11:34 PM
lol are you serious...a kill switch. Google this shit and you'll find out its the blue wire. You can do it yourself as long as you know to get your deck out of your dash, butt connect/solder wire together, and run it on the side of your car...

i love the part..."dash for me to turn off everytime I decided to turn off the car." WERE THEY NEVER EXPECTING YOU TO TURN IT OFF?

propr'one
06-04-2008, 01:15 AM
The wire (on e36's, and afaik e46's, so probably e9X's aswell) is blue going all the way back to the stock amp. You can tap into it from your stock amp (in the trunk) and wire it to your sub amp (assuming that's also in the trunk).

StikiGreenZ
06-06-2008, 08:25 AM
lol are you serious...a kill switch. Google this shit and you'll find out its the blue wire. You can do it yourself as long as you know to get your deck out of your dash, butt connect/solder wire together, and run it on the side of your car...

i love the part..."dash for me to turn off everytime I decided to turn off the car." WERE THEY NEVER EXPECTING YOU TO TURN IT OFF?

No need to pull the deck out. Use the remote lead coming from the amp in the trunk (assuming your car has amplified speakers in it from the factory ex. Logic7, Harman Kardon...). I can't believe you let Future Shop install your stereo!