PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Question

QUEEN AJAILA
05-26-2008, 08:37 AM
Are these products any good any one with experience?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-98-BMW-E36-BOLT-ON-TURBO-KIT-M3-325-328-COMPLETE-KIT_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33742QQihZ022QQitem Z350063049517QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

OR

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Car-Truck-Parts-Accessories__BMW-Race-Chip-E36-325i-E34-525i-93-94-ECU-413_W0QQitemZ310053207459QQadnZCarQ20Q26Q20TruckQ2 0PartsQ20Q26Q20AccessoriesQQadiZ2865QQcmdZViewItem ?hash=item310053207459&

maroli
05-26-2008, 11:39 AM
danger danger....
tubo's and chips, unless from a reputable company, aren't the stuff to futz around with...especially when the two are combined :)

QUEEN AJAILA
05-26-2008, 11:58 AM
i thought so dont know much about these stuff but wheres a good place to go

maroli
05-26-2008, 12:05 PM
hmmm, shipping and brokerage will kill you if you ship from the states...unless they can use USPS, who don't charge brokerage.

www.thefinalcost.com will help you estimate your total costs, don't forget to add PST for Ontario. I think its 7%.

www.koperformance.com has a pretty vast inventory, unfortunately I think they use UPS which charges brokerage.
www.corner73.com is local, the prices are probably a little more than an equivalent part compared to the states, but you're going to end up saving a little in total due to shipping and brokerage.

don't go to DDM from what I hear, they have issues shipping to Canada-also, many local performance shops can order parts for you....like bimmersport (905) 670-9200

may I ask what you already have on your car?

maroli
05-26-2008, 12:06 PM
and yeah, you'll get some helpful replies about where to go from other guys in the forum soon enough, I think they're all just asleep still :)

QUEEN AJAILA
05-26-2008, 12:15 PM
Thanx

QUEEN AJAILA
05-26-2008, 01:22 PM
hmmm, shipping and brokerage will kill you if you ship from the states...unless they can use USPS, who don't charge brokerage.

www.thefinalcost.com will help you estimate your total costs, don't forget to add PST for Ontario. I think its 7%.

www.koperformance.com has a pretty vast inventory, unfortunately I think they use UPS which charges brokerage.
www.corner73.com is local, the prices are probably a little more than an equivalent part compared to the states, but you're going to end up saving a little in total due to shipping and brokerage.

don't go to DDM from what I hear, they have issues shipping to Canada-also, many local performance shops can order parts for you....like bimmersport (905) 670-9200

may I ask what you already have on your car?

I picked it up 2 weks ago had it painted black with a blue pearl ,picked up rims last weeks 18" and right now im getting my music system installed ,also bought vadors last week just5 need to pick them up

i cant seem to post my pics its saying there too big

looking for more speed now

maroli
05-26-2008, 01:39 PM
e36 or e46 M3? I don't know that you'd want to start off your quest for speed with a turbo, tho a good chip would be a step in the right direction!

QUEEN AJAILA
05-26-2008, 02:11 PM
Its A 94 325i
Its My Dad That As The M3

v_bimmer
05-26-2008, 02:25 PM
it may be your lucky day for a chip, http://maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104304 and as far as ebay, dont get it from there, its garbage!! if you are not going to pick up the chip i just posted, consider checking out http://www.dsylva-tech.ca/, call him up, the guy is local and very good to deal with!! *th-up*

maroli
05-26-2008, 02:34 PM
ohhhh, okay, well you can do quite a lot of stuff without going FI. Intake, exhaust, pulleys, 3.23 lsd, software...because your car is OBD-I (I believe) it responds well to modifications, some ppl even convert their later OBD-II to OBD-I. You can get a lot of the stuff for quite cheap 2nd hand-the for sale forum is your best friend :)
Chip-Dinan
Pulleys-UUC or Rogue
LSD-you can grab that off someone parting out an M3. I got a 323 but if you're loaded, you can get a 338, euroguy is selling one for 800 'usedbmwparts@sympatico.ca'
Intake-I got Carbonio, they're local and make nice carbonfibre intakes. http://www.carbonio.com/carbonio_temp_1_014.htm
Exhaust-you can do a range of things/brands...it doesn't really add power unless combined with software chip and intake, but Active Autowerkes, Stebro (local), Dinan, Supersprint, Remus...all are good. Bimmersport can order you AA stuff. Stebro is a good bet cause no brokerage/minimal shipping costs. I just got a used M3 exhaust for 150.
There's other stuff too, like fan delete kit, cams and things like that. I don't know much about FI, but the amount of power it adds, you're going to have to upgrade brakes, exhaust (headers at least), and stuff so you're best off doing simple bolt ons. You can get just about as quick as an M3 without going FI I think:) The e36 north american one.

maroli
05-26-2008, 02:36 PM
get v_bimmers chip, but don't install it until you have your exhaust and intake :) Its Active Autowerkes, good stuff.

QUEEN AJAILA
05-26-2008, 02:47 PM
ohhhh, okay, well you can do quite a lot of stuff without going FI. Intake, exhaust, pulleys, 3.23 lsd, software...because your car is OBD-I (I believe) it responds well to modifications, some ppl even convert their later OBD-II to OBD-I. You can get a lot of the stuff for quite cheap 2nd hand-the for sale forum is your best friend :)
Chip-Dinan
Pulleys-UUC or Rogue
LSD-you can grab that off someone parting out an M3. I got a 323 but if you're loaded, you can get a 338, euroguy is selling one for 800 'usedbmwparts@sympatico.ca'
Intake-I got Carbonio, they're local and make nice carbonfibre intakes. http://www.carbonio.com/carbonio_temp_1_014.htm
Exhaust-you can do a range of things/brands...it doesn't really add power unless combined with software chip and intake, but Active Autowerkes, Stebro (local), Dinan, Supersprint, Remus...all are good. Bimmersport can order you AA stuff. Stebro is a good bet cause no brokerage/minimal shipping costs. I just got a used M3 exhaust for 150.
There's other stuff too, like fan delete kit, cams and things like that. I don't know much about FI, but the amount of power it adds, you're going to have to upgrade brakes, exhaust (headers at least), and stuff so you're best off doing simple bolt ons. You can get just about as quick as an M3 without going FI I think:) The e36 north american one.

Oh its also lowered i have a reciet from previous owner saying it as 338 in it also there is a intake on it not sure what brand and also magnaflow muffler

just had focal speakers installed all around key less entry alpine in dash dvd /navigation and l.e.d interior

Boots R
05-26-2008, 02:52 PM
i cant seem to post my pics its saying there too big

If you want to email me the pictures I can resize them, and post them for you.

my email address is bootsrails @ hotmail . com

maroli
05-26-2008, 03:09 PM
awesome, well you just saved yourself 1500 dollars
check to see what kind of intake it is tho-if its aluminium, make sure it has a heatshield or get one.
Grab v_bimmers chip or equivalent
pulleys
and now since you saved yourself a whole bunch-get some M3 cams with the remaning money :)
check what your car was lowered with-if its just lowering springs, I'd invest in some dampers. And also some brake pads to slow the thing down. If you're into appearance, then some nice angel eyes, smoked or clear rear lights and corners, and a bodykit, you got yourself a pimp ride

QUEEN AJAILA
05-26-2008, 03:20 PM
well it came with the angels light and the amd a carbon fiber taillight its a blistein lowering kit and it as the m3 body kit on it ,i also need tints

QUEEN AJAILA
05-26-2008, 03:30 PM
it may be your lucky day for a chip, http://maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104304 and as far as ebay, dont get it from there, its garbage!! if you are not going to pick up the chip i just posted, consider checking out http://www.dsylva-tech.ca/, call him up, the guy is local and very good to deal with!! *th-up*

thanxs just sent him a post