PDA

View Full Version : Weird experience, someone chime in

Sneaky
05-25-2008, 06:59 PM
Ive been having trouble with one of my wheels, I hit a pothole and messed up the sidewall so air is leaking at a slow but steady rate, Ive been having to put air in it every week., i fill it to 50 psi on mondy and by next mondy its at 20 psi, Im getting a new tire asap.

I work nights on the weekends, at 11:30 last night I parked my car on the street, my tire is fine. 7:30 this morning I go to my car and the tire is completely empty. I dont know WTF happend cause i just put air in it two days ago.

Anyways luckily I was close to a gas station to I drove the car a block to the gas station and i I filled up the tire with air. I did that this morning and now about 8 hours later the tire still has about 50 psi.

This is pretty strange, I mean if the tire went from being full to empty in 8 hours last night, then It should be flat now but it isnt.

Do you think someone did this to me? If so thats a pretty odd coicencedence for someone to let the air out of a tire Im already having problems with.

Red_Rocket
05-25-2008, 07:40 PM
It was how you parked the car. If it was leaking from the sidewall and you parked with that part of the tire/rim down it puts extra pressure on it causing it to leak faster.

BMW_7
05-25-2008, 07:45 PM
when you get the tire demounted inspect the wheel very carefully.

It could be that the wheel is cracked as well

Eurotakeover
05-25-2008, 09:53 PM
I think while you were at work someone changed your tire :D