PDA

View Full Version : DDMTuning/Apexcone - Completely useless. Don't waste your time.

Miguel
05-23-2008, 04:12 PM
Tried to place a simple order for foglights and angel eyes.
Shipping was $25... a bit high I thought but whatever, I figure the prices for the other stuff was reasonable so I'd eat the cost of shipping.

Then I get a call back 2 days later asking to authorize a price increase... they wanted to double the shipping costs. Fack off.... no wonder the prices of their stuff are so low, they juice you in the shipping. I knew it was too good to be true....

you got to love it when the price of shipping is 50% of the cost of your total order

JunzieB
05-23-2008, 04:58 PM
Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with them bro.

The only thing i can complain about is how long it takes them to ship items to me, other than that their pricing is great. *rockout*

Come to think of it my last order was shipped to me in under a week and for a damn good price too.:cool:

Can't win them all i guess:(

euro_rider
05-23-2008, 06:45 PM
Same here. Placed a $340 headlight package order. 4 weeks go by with no notice. So i contact them and they tell me that an additional $100 is required for shipping. Now i know why their prices seemed too good to be true

kzy
05-23-2008, 06:57 PM
Same thing happened to me, plus there was a mistake with my shipping, and I got no response to my e-mails. I ordered yellow lamin-x for my fogs and got clear, and they never sent me the bulbs I ordered and payed for. Will never do business with them again.

craz azn
05-24-2008, 11:22 AM
Yea I am pretty disappointed with DDMTuning also. Put in a huge order end of March. Didn't hear a word till I decided to contact them by email, and call them repeatedly about a month later, and the response I got was they needed confirmation on the shipping address. **** off, then tell me or something not wait and not do anything, WTF? Now its nearly the end of May, and nothing has arrived yet. Not buying crap from there anymore, nor recommending it to anyone regardless of the price.

Boss17
05-24-2008, 04:23 PM
I don't know how you guys are paying so much for your lights. I ordered mine for $350 taxes and shipping included. The reason it takes a bit longer is because they do bulk orders from their suppliers. So they have to wait for a container of X amount of headlight assemblies to reach their warehouse in San Diego California.

Miguel
05-24-2008, 06:24 PM
I think it's more of a communications and out right deceit issue.

They promise you product X for price Y by date Z. Instead you get product X 4 months later than the date promised with no communication and price X becomes price XXX because they nail you with shipping.

I dont think there would be a problem with DDMTuning if they were just straight up. From what I see in this thread and my personal experience, they just seem shady and full of shit.