PDA

View Full Version : 3282NV - not a man of his word!!!

Spoose
05-21-2008, 10:26 PM
Jason contacts me about my vaders and panels, and we arrange to meet. So we meet up on wednesday last week and he takes a look at the seats and panels and I tell him what I am asking. He tells me that he does not need the panels, but I tell him I am reluctant to seperate. After some more discussion, we come a to price for just the seats cuz I figure I'll be able to sell the panels seperately. I tell him I have a family wedding this weekend so that the only time I have to help him is after the weekend. (Yeah I even offered to deliver the seats to him!!!) He says that it's not a problem and that he will come pick them up on Tuesday and if he needs the help he would appreciate it. My cousin tells me to take a deposit, and I say "no he looks like a stand up guy." I tell him to call me Mon, but no call. I figure long weekend, he's busy. I wait, no call on Tues. I send him a pm this morning, asking him when he wants to pick up the seats, and the repsonse I get is "I did not think you were going to call, and I bought another pair of vaders."

WTF!!! We had a deal, what a dick!!! Should have asked for a deposit, what an a$$hole!!! Don't trust him, not a man of his word, and to believe he is a real estate agent in the Brampton area. Pure dick move.

Soldo
05-22-2008, 08:40 AM
Ouch, it's shitty to see a local board with so many people getting stiffed by members!

dbworld4k
05-22-2008, 09:47 AM
Welcome to max!

slemmer
05-22-2008, 10:01 AM
Strike him off your list for any future real estate deals.

VSanj
05-22-2008, 12:34 PM
damn bro..........I hate to see a good seller like you get stiffed. That sucks large!

Spoose
05-22-2008, 02:53 PM
It just seems like the new guys on the forums or guys with low post counts have no scrupples. I don't normally complain, but in the past 2/3 months, I've had this happen to me several times. e36 318 told me he wanted my tranny from my 318is, and once I pulled it, have not been able to get a hold of him, just to mention another one. Now this guy....

Lesson be learned, only deal with regular Max posters/participants.... Sorry if I offended any new guys and I don't mean to generalize but seems to be getting worse.

Hellrot2.8
05-22-2008, 04:14 PM
hey I have a low post count, but I never renege on deals. I've bought a diff, exhaust, gauge rings, winter tires, HIDs and prolly other tings off max members; sold items too, like bulbs and such. People have to have integrity when making deals, at least some common courtesy to get back to the other party when circumstances change.

With a changing demographic of e36 drivers, your prolly going to get a lot more inexperienced buyers; dudes that will say one thing and do another without regard to the plans and expectations of the seller or buyer. Selling over the internet should not be a free for all, to keep bitterness out of the mix when making deals we should keep lines of communication open when thoughts or circumstances change.

I donít post a lot but I find this board invaluable for info and great for finding deals for products and services that I can get locally. To the new comers, respect your fellow members and keep the positive vibes (and good deals) alive.

zimzimmma
05-22-2008, 04:22 PM
thats cause no one cares.. but when it happens to them.. they make a big stink!

i hear ya man, happened to me a few times also..

piss on them

spoony_prelude
05-22-2008, 04:36 PM
I slightly agree with the newer members not standing up to their word to a certain extent, ive had a few incedents were i was interested in an item such as a set of MAE rims that are currently for sale here, i was ready to trade him+cash for my replica Lms until i realized that he was in florida!!!

as for these guys that say their 100%down for a deal then seem to vanish why not think about whether your serious, and commited to a buy before you guerentee youll buy it?
jay

Boss17
05-22-2008, 05:52 PM
Honestly, on items exceeding $300-$400 I would ask for a small deposit. That way you can't go wrong and if they still decide to ignore you, you just made yourself some money lol.

Soldo
05-22-2008, 06:24 PM
I think we should have a feedback points system like on Bimmerforums. It really helps me out when buying or selling to members cause you can see right on their profile if they've been good when it comes to buying/selling.

Blades
05-23-2008, 12:53 AM
I dont see what the big deal is .. you can always sell the seats and panels .. its not like you drove to a location to deliver and he didnt show .. you actually didnt lose anything. Shouldnt a sale be first come first served. Sounds more like your just whinnying about not making a sale that you thought would come through.

Eurostyle
05-23-2008, 01:58 AM
I think we should have a feedback points system like on Bimmerforums. It really helps me out when buying or selling to members cause you can see right on their profile if they've been good when it comes to buying/selling.

Welcome to a year ago! We HAD that system for a while, trying to help out, but i guess it didnt work, or people just didnt care...

Eurostyle
05-23-2008, 02:08 AM
Honestly, on items exceeding $300-$400 I would ask for a small deposit. That way you can't go wrong and if they still decide to ignore you, you just made yourself some money lol.

You would be surprised how many people dont even show up even if the put a deposit!!! The biggest one i had so far is $500...And waste of my time/space for 2 months...

This kind of thing happens every day, by many old AND new members, its sad that some people f#%k it up for others...but at this point someones "word" is is worthless...Unless you have the $$$ and he has the part(s), there is NO deal...

DriveItSideways
05-23-2008, 07:57 AM
Whats sad is that not only members dick you around, a known sponser is also ready and waiting to sick it in your ass.

Soldo
05-23-2008, 08:57 AM
Whats sad is that not only members dick you around, a known sponser is also ready and waiting to sick it in your ass.

:D:D:D
You sir, are the BEST!

DriveItSideways
05-23-2008, 03:24 PM
:D:D:D
You sir, are the BEST!

lol I need to lurn how to spel*rockout*

mirek
05-23-2008, 03:47 PM

LMAO! awesome.

Eurostyle
05-23-2008, 10:32 PM

Just the oppinion of an a$$hole....who got exactly what he deserved...I'd do it again no problem!

VSanj
05-23-2008, 11:29 PM
^^get em fil!!

DriveItSideways
05-24-2008, 09:58 AM
Just the oppinion of an a$$hole....who got exactly what he deserved...I'd do it again no problem!

Vsanj is waiting for his prostate exam, git er done dr fil.

VSanj
05-24-2008, 10:05 AM
^^Damn bro, stop reminding me, im nervous as is!