PDA

View Full Version : starting problem

blk325i
05-20-2008, 01:22 PM
i have a 97 m3 with ERT supercharger 6psi bought the kit used off ebay, when i brought the car out of storage i decided to install m50 manifold on it and now when the car sits over night or engine cools off completly i won't start it takes few tryes and then will fire up no problem. Does anyone know what the reason for this would be?? i got a vacum leak?
btw car is turning over but it won't fire up
the other thing is when the car is idleing i got about 10-11 psi of vacum on my boost gauge does anyone know what it should be?
thanks

NOTORIOUS VR
05-20-2008, 08:26 PM
I'd lean towards a vacuum leak if you're only getting 10-11 in. of vac.

What was the idle vac. before the manifold install? Typically a healthy stock cammed motor should see approx 15-18 in. of vac. @ idle.

blk325i
05-21-2008, 11:11 AM
i dont know what it had before the manifold i didn't have a gauge hook up but now is anyware between 10-12
i put all new vacum lines on last night and vacum is the same and still didn't want to fire up on first try this morning

blk325i
05-21-2008, 11:16 AM
i dont know what it had before the manifold i didn't have a gauge hook up but now is anyware between 10-12
i put all new vacum lines on last night and vacum is the same and still didn't want to fire up on first try this morning

blk325i
05-22-2008, 01:27 PM
can some one tell me when you do a m50 swap do you have to hook up anything differently from s52 manifold?? i have kopreformance installation kit and at the end of it it says to hook up a vacum valve to injectors plug i tryed that but the car wouldn't fire up at all like that so i just hook it up the way it was on s52. is this right or should i hook the valve up to injectors plug??