PDA

View Full Version : maXbimmer vs maXbimmer


djcontra
01-28-2003, 04:38 PM
Who would you like to race against from maXbimmer, or who would you like to see racing against eachother?
maybe we can setup some sort of ''controlled'' event out of this later in the year when the weather is good.

It could be 1/4 mile racing, autoX, or track

bart320i
01-28-2003, 05:51 PM
that sounds really cool. We could have prizes like 24's of beer or what ever. I'm in on Auto X for sure

Polish
01-28-2003, 05:58 PM
sounds sweet, auto x is always fun :)

Jon@Bimmersport
01-28-2003, 06:27 PM
auto x is better than just drag racing...but we can set up some race days for like cayuga? if my bro gets this E30...he has all this track time and auto x planned (hehe so do i..)

M50E30
01-28-2003, 09:04 PM
Who would I race! LOL! This is an easy one! Rob89M3! :D

I'm not going to talk sh!t, but I want to do it just for fun. ;)

Sickbimmer
01-28-2003, 09:37 PM
I'll race:cool:

Can anyone hold on to my ice for me:D :D

djcontra
01-28-2003, 10:44 PM
i wanna race somebody's E46M3 in a straight line race.
gladdo? anyone? =)

EMPOWERD
01-28-2003, 11:19 PM
I challenge GLADDOM3 with my EGG... any event, drag or AutoX.

Whatta you say Jordan?

Lil'Smoothie
01-28-2003, 11:30 PM
I want a peice of MKGINO's 328 vs my E30 M3 cmon brother, lets do it up at the drag strip

or if I still have my 325 I wanna race you Bryan (Autotechnica) @ the drag strip

Dave I think ROB89M3 will handle you on the dragstrip IMO, but I'd love to see that race, 2 of my fav e30's on the board go at it

BMW BMXer
01-28-2003, 11:50 PM
Ill race jons cousin :D or jon in his cousins car whatever comes first

mkgino
01-29-2003, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Lil'Smoothie
I want a peice of MKGINO's 328 vs my E30 M3 cmon brother, lets do it up at the drag strip

or if I still have my 325 I wanna race you Bryan (Autotechnica) @ the drag strip

Dave I think ROB89M3 will handle you on the dragstrip IMO, but I'd love to see that race, 2 of my fav e30's on the board go at it

E30 M3 is faster than my car, why dont you race me with your 325?

Keep it even remember, race an E36 M3:D

MP328
01-29-2003, 12:25 AM
i hope all of you show up the next time we wanna go to cayuga OR ELSE *uzi* *uzi* *uzi*

but the only problem at cayuga is that the bastards won't let you get in line with the person u actually wanna race :mad: :mad:
in the end all we can do is just compare the slips which isn't that much fun :(

btw i'd try all the 328's here and the 325's too. since that is more of a drivers race then anything else.

Rolled_Out
01-29-2003, 12:28 AM
ill get brian to come out w/ his E46 M3 for whoever wants to challenge it, straight line or auto X..
no problem there...

Jon@Bimmersport
01-29-2003, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by BMW BMXer
Ill race jons cousin :D or jon in his cousins car whatever comes first

yea, by the time all this comes around the rice burner will have its engine...so im sure he will run you

and lil smoothie...dave's car will man handle rob's M3..all rob has is the exhaust and stroker kit...dave has lightened flywheel, slicks, and some other shit...

Lil'Smoothie
01-29-2003, 12:41 AM
MKgino I think E30 M3 vs ur 328 would be close
but I will go the 325 against it just for laughs

ROB89M3 has the stroker kit plus a chip and exhaust, Dave has the M50 with exhaust, headers

I bet Dave is running like 220 horse, Rob is over 220 for sure

both cars are around the same weight I beleive
Rob should come with his ity bity hartge's

I'll put money down on Rob in a drag race

M50E30
01-29-2003, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by Lil'Smoothie
Rob should come with his ity bity hartge's

U think i'm dumb enought to come with the 18's! Come on now. LOL! 15's with slick RA1's!
*th-up*

mkgino
01-29-2003, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by Lil'Smoothie
MKgino I think E30 M3 vs ur 328 would be close
but I will go the 325 against it just for laughs

ROB89M3 has the stroker kit plus a chip and exhaust, Dave has the M50 with exhaust, headers

I bet Dave is running like 220 horse, Rob is over 220 for sure

both cars are around the same weight I beleive
Rob should come with his ity bity hartge's

I'll put money down on Rob in a drag race

I'll tell you right now what would happen if u ran me with your M3, I would beat you 0-60mph if I get a good launch, and right on the shift from 2-3rd, you will pass me cause your car is light, just like Dan's RSX-S. But I would race you in what ever car you bring, since you arent gonna drive both to cayuga, it is just for fun anyway.

how is dave running 220 horse from a 189 hp engine with only headers and exhaust?

I think Rob would win, but only under one condition, if before the race he can reduce his dead weight by getting all the "hot air" out of his system from telling everyone how his car is God's gift to the automotive world, and we will know he will for sure
*th-up*

Lil'Smoothie
01-29-2003, 12:58 AM
Dave it would be a shame to run those beautiful wheels at the track, I figured you'd be running on those old black 5 star 15' wheels you used to have on Vitamin E.

sorry I've been told Dave has a few more mods so 220 horse might not be too far off.

Mkgino we agree for once on Rob vs. Dave.
I think E30 M3 and 328 would be very close througout the 1/4mile

BMW BMXer
01-29-2003, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by E46_lover
yea, by the time all this comes around the rice burner will have its engine...so im sure he will run you

and lil smoothie...dave's car will man handle rob's M3..all rob has is the exhaust and stroker kit...dave has lightened flywheel, slicks, and some other shit...

what hes scared to run stock for stock?

I drive an eta! come one :cool:

SickFinga
01-29-2003, 02:13 AM
mkgino you will have no problem killing stock E30M3
Dave can you handle E36 M3?? I think you can, then you will kill Rob.

SickFinga
01-29-2003, 02:14 AM
P.S. I'm up for AutoX.

mkgino
01-29-2003, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by SickFinga
mkgino you will have no problem killing stock E30M3
Dave can you handle E36 M3?? I think you can, then you will kill Rob.

lol, thats what everyone said about the RSX-S but what happened? well u know, the M3 is about 300-400 pounds lighter than my car, with similar power just less torque, I cant keep up with that. Only reason I might, is cause it has a 5spd and not a 6spd like the rsx and isnt geared as aggressively

Slowered318
01-29-2003, 03:07 AM
who has an E36 318 mildly moded or stock. I wanna race and see if their is a difference.

Also my 318 vs. 325e (no stroker) see what happens there.

Lil'Smoothie
01-29-2003, 12:51 PM
I've got a Dinan chip and drop in filter. Im gonna try this JC copy chip I have on my desk and see which is more aggressive. Thats all the mods I got MKGINO

GR8 Ride
01-29-2003, 01:40 PM
I say we rent the road course at Cayuga for a day....

I'm willing to compare laptimes with anyone....



Pat

mkgino
01-29-2003, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by GR8 Ride
I say we rent the road course at Cayuga for a day....

I'm willing to compare laptimes with anyone....



Pat

Ok no offence, but that is going to be too expensive and its too dangerous. I wouldnt go because unlike you this is my daily driver, and I cant afford to make a mistake on a track and end up rolling over. With a straight line race, more likely than not your not gonna make a mistake going in a straingt line, but Pat if 20 max members half of which are young (including myself) and inexperienced were on a track, would you go on it?

Lil'Smoothie
01-29-2003, 03:54 PM
Yup I agrgee, why would you put inexperienced drivers on a race track just to prove your a better driver. Maybe if your meaning the guys who track their cars regularly, that that makes alot more sense. Get guys like Got Tourque, ADDBHP, randy?, dave? ppl who track their car and are experienced than I would watch.

But putting kids like me on a track is just dangerous. Im really interested in trracking my car in the future but I think i'll start with a few light driving schools first.

Jon@Bimmersport
01-29-2003, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by BMW BMXer
what hes scared to run stock for stock?

I drive an eta! come one :cool:

why would he race an engine when its on its way out? you dont understand the abuse he, mainly me has put into it! the owner before never let it warm up anyway...and my cousin didnt at first till i told him about it...who cares though, its stilll JUST a 4cyl with NO torque....thats what i keep hearing about honda engines from you!

as for the track issue i agree...even if they were allowed..and my bro went..i wouldnt let him (well i'd try)..because im 100% he'll make some mistake and **** the car up! but have the experienced drivers go around a track...and that will be ****ing awesome!!

GT2 vs M50 E30 vs 325is vs Mustang 5.0

hahaha! this can be maxbimmer's best motoring-in english!

Sylak
01-29-2003, 05:09 PM
Lol could be funny! but i will just look! except if somebody got a 325e or a 318! the only Mod on mine his a Jim c chip! but could be funny ( and i'am not professional pilot so i probaly stand no chance.) and i'll race anybody juste for the fun of being destroy ! lol mine car vs a E46 M3 !!! just for the fun of seing the M3 blowing off my doors!! :eek: :eek:

addbhp
01-29-2003, 05:49 PM
Sounds great, Sign me up for Track, Drag or Autocross.

Bring on any non M3 or engine swapped E30 and lightly moded E36, ah what the hell bring on the lightly moded E46's as well.

For Autocross, a shootout style would be more entertaining to watch, where you run side by side on parallel courses.

Not sure if there's room for an Autocross, but a track evening at Cayuga couldn't be too expensive and might allow us to do all three events in one day.

*th-up*

addbhp
01-29-2003, 05:53 PM
But putting kids like me on a track is just dangerous.

Good point.....long pause......Hey how about letting the experienced ones take the others cars out, and then run comparisons with equal cars:D

I'd even let the owners be passengers, because that's the kind of guy I am.:)

GR8 Ride
01-29-2003, 06:34 PM
Part of the idea behind suggesting it was not to turn the rookies loose on the track by themselves...

BTW, kudos to the guys who are reluctant for that sort of thing. You'd be surprised how many people rent Cayuga or SMP for the day without having any formal (or informal) instruction at all....

However, there is no reason Maxbimmer couldn't coordinate a quick driving school which offered lessons to those who want to learn how to control their vehicles on a race track. A crowd of 15 or so *paying* students would easily cover the cost of setting up such an event, and everyone would get the chance to learn from it.

The nice thing about a course like Cayuga is that there is really no danger of rolling your car. Sure, you can go off, but it's all flat and level farm land. Nothing to do really but pick up dirt.

There is only one wall to watch out for, and it's after a low speed turn, so again, it's easy to avoid provided nobody gets out of hand.

Rules would need to be established as well, so that open passing etc doesn't occur, but it's all quite do-able. I'm sure Mark, Randy, GT, etc would all volunteer to help out....and instructors are always easy enough to find.

As to expense, it's not that bad. 15-20 people brings the cost down to under $200 each for the full day.


Pat

M50E30
01-29-2003, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by mkgino
how is dave running 220 horse from a 189 hp engine with only headers and exhaust?

Yeah! :confused: I would like to know too! I never claimed that my car put out 220hp...maybe 205hp max.

Originally posted by Lil'Smoothie
I figured you'd be running on those old black 5 star 15' wheels you used to have on Vitamin E.

sorry I've been told Dave has a few more mods so 220 horse might not be too far off.

Those old wheels were 16's. And who told you that I have a few more mods? Maybe weight reduction, but not that extreme.

bart320i
01-30-2003, 12:08 AM
I'd shell out 200 bucks for a full day at the track plus instructions.*th-up*

EMPOWERD
01-30-2003, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by GR8 Ride
Part of the idea behind suggesting it was not to turn the rookies loose on the track by themselves...

BTW, kudos to the guys who are reluctant for that sort of thing. You'd be surprised how many people rent Cayuga or SMP for the day without having any formal (or informal) instruction at all....

However, there is no reason Maxbimmer couldn't coordinate a quick driving school which offered lessons to those who want to learn how to control their vehicles on a race track. A crowd of 15 or so *paying* students would easily cover the cost of setting up such an event, and everyone would get the chance to learn from it.
The nice thing about a course like Cayuga is that there is really no danger of rolling your car. Sure, you can go off, but it's all flat and level farm land. Nothing to do really but pick up dirt.
There is only one wall to watch out for, and it's after a low speed turn, so again, it's easy to avoid provided nobody gets out of hand.
Rules would need to be established as well, so that open passing etc doesn't occur, but it's all quite do-able. I'm sure Mark, Randy, GT, etc would all volunteer to help out....and instructors are always easy enough to find.
As to expense, it's not that bad. 15-20 people brings the cost down to under $200 each for the full day.
Pat


I'm there Pat. Nice idea.*th-up*

PBalla
01-30-2003, 12:35 AM
what is AUTOX?

thinair
01-30-2003, 04:45 AM
i'd be willing to go up against robs e30m3, and a stock 328is, just for comparison purposes.

Alezone
01-30-2003, 06:08 AM
wanna do a formal straight line with any M3
tested a couple e46 on the straight line (street, when the green down), no offence to anyone here, but they were slow... maybe the drivers.... slow means they couldn't catch up with me, i was like 2+ cars ahead of them... until i slowed down at around 140...

GladdoM3
01-30-2003, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by empowerd
I challenge GLADDOM3 with my EGG... any event, drag or AutoX.

Whatta you say Jordan? Sure.



Ill race anyone

It doesnt matter to me:D :moon:
Bring it on guys

FastM3
01-30-2003, 11:00 AM
I'll race anyone except moerom with the lightning, gladdo with the m3, and prolly anyone else that has a car over 250hp...

Rolled_Out
01-30-2003, 12:48 PM
yes lets rent the track !!!!!!
and lets organize this soon.... whos going to do it!??!

DbIiRrTdY
01-30-2003, 01:41 PM
I'd be in ...but i would need to know the date before i could say for sure

Slowered318
01-30-2003, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Rolled_Out
yes lets rent the track !!!!!!
and lets organize this soon.... whos going to do it!??!

I agree! This would be a good chance to try out the TMS track and whoop some E36 butt *uzi* LOL

I just hope someone will do the flaging and give any training where training is needed.

Ryan

Lil'Smoothie
01-30-2003, 02:22 PM
Dave younng grasshoppa and I were arguing about it over ICQ. He said you had a few more mods

BMW BMXer
01-30-2003, 03:11 PM
Jon runs his mouth

and ima run his cousins civic hehe

GladdoM3
01-30-2003, 05:37 PM
the race between the egg and my ride will be a good race....only if he get his NOS working........*cough*bastardo" *cough*


I want to race Modesto, tony, brian, and anyone else who wants to bring it !

moerom
01-30-2003, 08:07 PM
As long as its 1/4 mile, I'll race whoever wants to just for fun!

Jordan, I'm up for it 4 sure!!
Me and Tony are also gonna go down the 1/4....
More than likely I'll end up trying Brian too, down the 1/4 mile...

Cayuga Opening Day, somewhere near the 1/2 mark of April: Maxbimmer Drag Wars!

*th-up*

Rolled_Out
01-30-2003, 08:31 PM
Rob89M3, your a$$ is Gra$$ f00!!
lol
but for real i wanna race rob, and once i blow his doors off, i wanna try a manual 330ci, anyone got one? I've beaten an automatic 330ci w/ chip and Dinan carbon fiber intake...

Jon@Bimmersport
01-30-2003, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by BMW BMXer
Jon runs his mouth

and ima run his cousins civic hehe


your one dead E30 owner! so, where are you buying me lunch? hahahaha your going DOWN!

GladdoM3
01-31-2003, 10:40 AM
hehehe. i like this shit talkin . I am very excited to go to the track and drag strip. I have found a much better way to launch my car of the start. Last time we went to the drag strip it was cold and I had NO traction all the way up to 3rd.
I cant wait. I am going to put Michelin Sport Cup tires on my car :moon: for the track and drags. hehehehe

WesIsSlow
01-31-2003, 04:25 PM
Now we only need someone to organize a lapping day at TMP:mad:



Wes

Miguel
02-04-2003, 03:09 AM
Git ready suckas!!
I'll race any wheelchair, schoolbus, or non-motorized scooter you guys got!!! AND I'll do it in my base model e34.. I swear my car is soooo slow, I MIGHT beat a stock geo metro.. maybe if i had a lucky gust of wind*mumble*

Shotta
02-05-2003, 01:42 PM
im taking my mr2 up to shannonville for the next lapping day event, i welcome ANY challenges

PBalla
02-05-2003, 08:35 PM
what is autoX?

bmwm5lover
02-05-2003, 10:43 PM
i wanna race Gamite, Vlad(just so i can say i got killed by an M3 :D), and the other guy with e34 525. Then from there, a few 325i's just for the heck of it! Ill be in for the autoX, but 200 is a bit steep for me! Great idea tho!

bart320i
02-06-2003, 02:35 PM
I'll go up against 318, 320, 325. The rest is out of my ranks. Waiting to do some engine mods though. it should be good.

FastM3
02-06-2003, 10:37 PM
I also wanna race Gladdo......:D

GladdoM3
02-07-2003, 11:08 AM
:D Ok ......anytime my friend....anytime !This will be the onyl thing you see !!! 4 exhaust tips !


:D *uzi*

FastM3
02-09-2003, 03:12 AM
ahhhhhhhh dont worry what ill be seeing :D.....i'll be seeing the rear view mirror filled with a grey coloured beast!!! :D:D:D :P

lollol....you'd rip my head off and eat some limbs for fun! :D

im so curious though gladdo, your a young guy and i want to know how i can buy an m3 in a couple years...let me in on the secret!! ;)

bmwm5lover
02-09-2003, 01:20 PM
id like to know as well.....:confused:

tlaselva
02-09-2003, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by GladdoM3
:D Ok ......anytime my friend....anytime !This will be the onyl thing you see !!! 4 exhaust tips !

:D *uzi*

Way to tell him Gladdo!

Going to have to leave defending the E46 M3 honors to you buddy.

No more E46 M3 for me. :(

Jon@Bimmersport
02-09-2003, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by tlaselva
Way to tell him Gladdo!

Going to have to leave defending the E46 M3 honors to you buddy.

No more E46 M3 for me. :(

haha, jordan will see quad tips from a Z06 too!

moerom
02-09-2003, 11:18 PM
This is going to be a very interesting season!

FastM3
02-10-2003, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by moerom
This is going to be a very interesting season!

:D :D

....gladdo where are you?

Shotta
02-10-2003, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by tlaselva
Way to tell him Gladdo!

Going to have to leave defending the E46 M3 honors to you buddy.

No more E46 M3 for me. :(

no more?? what happened?

MP328
02-10-2003, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by Shotta
no more?? what happened?

this is what happened http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=102600#post102600

Shotta
02-10-2003, 10:41 AM
damn, im gonna miss that m3 *sad* it was so sick!

bmwm5lover
02-10-2003, 06:26 PM
i would never take a vette over an M3, true its faster, but its missing the class of the M3. Nonetheless, it deserves a lot of respect.

GladdoM3
02-11-2003, 10:28 AM
I will tell you guys the secret in person:D

Tony, it is bad to see you go over to the dark(domestic) side
I would love to challenge you on the track, or even to a drag.:moon:
Give me a call when you pick her up !

Cheers


Jordan*shiner*

FastM3
02-13-2003, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by GladdoM3
I will tell you guys the secret in person:D

I hope you realize that :D I will be waiting for this day HOPING, and i say that again, HOPING that you dont give us an answer like "you gotta work hard..." or something like that!! :D:D:D

but please just tell us here, i dont think i can wait that long...

FastM3
02-13-2003, 09:34 PM
hey gladdo, is it ok if i start a thread on "what does the young gladdo do for a living that got him his beaut m3?"

:D:D:D

GladdoM3
02-14-2003, 10:22 AM
I sell crack ! hahahahahah

tlaselva
02-14-2003, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Shotta
no more?? what happened?

Traded in the M for a Z!

Once I have more saddle experience, I'll open a thread on reasons, impressions, comparo, and buying experience.


Originally posted by GladdoM3
I sell crack ! hahahahahah

Can I interest you in a Bond Issue?

Got connections to make that happen.....:D

GladdoM3
02-14-2003, 01:07 PM
hahahaha tony....jokes.



I hate to tell you that hard work, money managment and persistance is the key to get what you dream about !
I had to do it...........

FastM3
02-20-2003, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by GladdoM3
I sell crack !

DAMNET!!!!! :mad: :D :D

i would of joined in your buisness! :D :D :D

M50E30
02-20-2003, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by pasta325i
DAMNET!!!!! :mad: :D :D

i would of joined in your buisness! :D :D :D

R U shure you want to sell the "crack" he sells? LOL! :D

bmwm5lover
02-20-2003, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by M50E30
R U shure you want to sell the "crack" he sells? LOL! :D
hahahahhahahahahahhahah

M3ntal Kev
02-21-2003, 04:13 AM
Originally posted by M50E30
Who would I race! LOL! This is an easy one! Rob89M3! :D

I'm not going to talk sh!t, but I want to do it just for fun. ;)

I have first dibs on racing Rob... screw the drag... lets take it to Mosport.

Let's see if my stock 2.3 can keep up with a super-duper 2.5 DTM-ish engine. :D :rolleyes:

ROB89M3
02-21-2003, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by M3ntal Kev
I have first dibs on racing Rob... screw the drag... lets take it to Mosport.

Let's see if my stock 2.3 can keep up with a super-duper 2.5 DTM-ish engine. :D :rolleyes:

oh yeah eh ? We'll see then....haha :D :P


ps: Kevin, it is not a race at Mosport,but a BMW driving school...get the thought of "racing outta your head .. :P

Shotta
02-21-2003, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by M3ntal Kev
I have first dibs on racing Rob... screw the drag... lets take it to Mosport.

Let's see if my stock 2.3 can keep up with a super-duper 2.5 DTM-ish engine. :D :rolleyes:

i got second dibs!

GladdoM3
02-21-2003, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by M50E30
R U shure you want to sell the "crack" he sells? LOL! :D



Eeep, that is one big crack.......that thing goes for miles. All the crack i sell is more like this .....

M50E30
02-21-2003, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Shotta
i got second dibs!

Take another number boys! I was first in line! *no-no*


Originally posted by GladdoM3
Eeep, that is one big crack.......that thing goes for miles. All the crack i sell is more like this .....

EEEeeewwwww! Jordan don't be another Michale Jackson...you know with the little boys! LOL! J/K! :D

M3ntal Kev
02-21-2003, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by ROB89M3
oh yeah eh ? We'll see then....haha :D :P


ps: Kevin, it is not a race at Mosport,but a BMW driving school...get the thought of "racing outta your head .. :P

Who said anything about a BMW Club day? We can do this at a plain jane lapping day at Mosport... :D

BTW, I should have, if everything goes according to schedule, my HalTech on the M3 for April. :)

ROB89M3
02-21-2003, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by M3ntal Kev
Who said anything about a BMW Club day? We can do this at a plain jane lapping day at Mosport... :D

BTW, I should have, if everything goes according to schedule, my HalTech on the M3 for April. :)

Hopefully they can bump me up to "B" class so I can whoop yer ass ! :P

That'd be sweet if you have your Haltech on... Are you putting on the CF intake as well ?

I spoke with RAVEN PERFORMANCE today. Big plans are in the works.....:) *th-up*

windsor318is
02-21-2003, 10:39 PM
what are you up to?

ROB89M3
02-21-2003, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by windsor318is
what are you up to?

WHO ME ? If me... it's this ! Carbon fibre DTM intake ! Removing dredded Air flow meter ! gain of about 30 hp more or less.. :)

windsor318is
02-21-2003, 10:51 PM
thats f**ken sweet rob!!!!!!!

ROB89M3
02-21-2003, 10:53 PM
ya tell me about it !

Watch this video and listen to the engine ! It sounds sweet !

http://www.s14.net/featured/video1/langns.avi

windsor318is
02-21-2003, 11:00 PM
forget the sound, 30 hp!!!!

GR8 Ride
02-21-2003, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by ROB89M3
Hopefully they can bump me up to "B" class so I can whoop yer ass ! :P

That'd be sweet if you have your Haltech on... Are you putting on the CF intake as well ?

I spoke with RAVEN PERFORMANCE today. Big plans are in the works.....:) *th-up*

Shouldn't you worry about graduating from being a C student first Rob?

You've been to one school....maybe after you've been to 3 or 4, you might get bumped up to being a B student.

Remember, I said *might*.


Pat

ROB89M3
02-21-2003, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by GR8 Ride
Shouldn't you worry about graduating from being a C student first Rob?

You've been to one school....maybe after you've been to 3 or 4, you might get bumped up to being a B student.

Remember, I said *might*.


Pat

but I've been a "B" student all my life... hahahaha :D

GR8 Ride
02-21-2003, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by ROB89M3
but I've been a "B" student all my life... hahahaha :D

Yeah, that's what your girlfriend said last time I talked to her....


:moon:


Pat


PS. She wasn't worth the $4.95 a minute....

ROB89M3
02-21-2003, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by GR8 Ride
Yeah, that's what your girlfriend said last time I talked to her....


:moon:


Pat


PS. She wasn't worth the $4.95 a minute....

pffttahahahaha...

good one Patrick...good one... :rolleyes:

GR8 Ride
02-21-2003, 11:49 PM
See, now if you'd just start ATTENDING some schools, instead of trash-talking all the time about how great a driver you think you are....you'd be getting somewhere.


There is a reason Kevin's a B student, likely to be an A student in the immediate future; he's been attending as many events as he can, and was there to learn. No reason you can't accomplish the same thing.

A word of caution though...it takes a couple of years of attending 4 or 5 schools a year to end up running in the A group. Nobody gets there overnight.

At least you're coming to the school in April (if you're planning on sending in your form, anyway). You'll be ahead of a lot of these guys who never attend a school at all....




Pat

ROB89M3
02-21-2003, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by GR8 Ride
at least you're coming to the school in April (if you're planning on sending in your form, anyway). You'll be ahead of a lot of these guys who never attend a school at all....




Pat

Pat form was sent in already. Ready to KICK some asphalt ! *th-up*

M3ntal Kev
02-22-2003, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by ROB89M3
Hopefully they can bump me up to "B" class so I can whoop yer ass ! :P

That'd be sweet if you have your Haltech on... Are you putting on the CF intake as well ?

I spoke with RAVEN PERFORMANCE today. Big plans are in the works.....:) *th-up*

Ah... Rob, what makes you think I want to get stuck in traffic with the B group? ;)

I wouldn't be too concerned about you being "bumped" to B. I'd be really surprised if you make it out of C in the next few seasons. You just don't have the seat time or attitude to get moved up.

I'm hoping there is enough space in the A group for me this time, but even if there isn't, I know I'll have tons of fun in B working through the field.

You should take Pat's advice. You would be amazed how much faster your car could be with an upgrade between the steering wheel and seat. :D

No CF intake... don't need it yet... after the HalTech the next step will be to build a serious head... and then do a fresh 12:1 2.3L. Anyhow, if the HalTech isn't finished, I might ask to join you in C with the Cooper S. *wave*

ROB89M3
02-22-2003, 12:49 AM
Kevin
why not just do a 2.5L ? :confused:

Is sticking with a 2.3 better ?

M3ntal Kev
02-22-2003, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by ROB89M3
Kevin
why not do just a 2.5L ? :confused:

Is sticking with a 2.3 better ?

I like the way the 2.3 revs... it has plenty of meat left in the block... I dunno... I just like the 2.3... if I get really gung-ho about chasing the revs, I could always destroke it to 2L... ;)

If I rebuild it as a 2.3, I'll have more rebuilds left in the block for the future. Besides, it'll be a lot of fun to whoop some 2.5 S14 ass with a 2.3. :cool:

ROB89M3
02-22-2003, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by M3ntal Kev
Besides, it'll be a lot of fun to whoop some 2.5 S14 ass with a 2.3. :cool:

Kevin, I don't think so.....
I don't think even Joe Winkelhock can outrun me in your 2.3 M3..... :D *wave*

M3ntal Kev
02-22-2003, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by ROB89M3
Kevin, I don't think so.....
I don't think even Joe Winkelhock can outrun me in your 2.3 M3..... :D *wave*

All hail Rob! Man, Rob, your car is so sweet; that CF intake is so f**ken sweet. OMG, I haven't washed my hand since we shook hands... you're my hero, Rob. :rolleyes:

See you at the track and try to bring some fresh excuses this time. BTW, Joe Winkelhock in a Skoda filled with concrete bags could probably outrun you in your M3. :D

BTW, you might want ask some of my past instructors about how my car is setup and how it is to drive before you make comments like the above.

ROB89M3
02-22-2003, 01:09 AM
Kevin I drove your M3 remember ? :D

M3ntal Kev
02-22-2003, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by ROB89M3
Kevin I drove your M3 remember ? :D

Ah... no you didn't... you putted around. Remember this whole thread is about driving not cruising.

BTW, I wonder where you got all the data to setup your M3? Its nice to have somebody figure out all the tough stuff before you spend a cent, isn't it?

ROB89M3
02-22-2003, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by M3ntal Kev
Ah... no you didn't... you putted around. Remember this whole thread is about driving not cruising.

BTW, I wonder where you got all the data to setup your M3?

what data ?

M3ntal Kev
02-22-2003, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by ROB89M3
what data ?

You might have forgotten the emails to find out what spring rates and camber plates and coilover sleeves I'm using so you could buy the same ones.

Plus, you're riding on a suspension I figured out and on my old wheels to boot...

you still wondering what data?

ROB89M3
02-22-2003, 01:18 AM
oooh yeah.... LoL.

GladdoM3
02-24-2003, 10:24 AM
Hey Kevin,

Sorry to barge in on the thread. But where is the video of last years track day ??????



CMon please send me a copy or tell me where i can meet you so i can get a copy of that day.



THanks a TOn Kevin



Jordan

desma06
02-28-2003, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by empowerd
I challenge GLADDOM3 with my EGG... any event, drag or AutoX.

Whatta you say Jordan?

I'd love to take you on Randy (not that, thats ever going to happen unless you bring your ride down under - HA!) not the egg - the e30. I know you would chomp my ride *shiner* but, I just want to know by just how much....
:rolleyes:

GladdoM3
02-28-2003, 10:51 AM
Ill Take you on ANYTIME Randy. YOu might even beat me with that damn A/C button of yours......grrr......but i will go anytime you want.

Rolled_Out
02-28-2003, 12:59 PM
Yah I want the EGG too... ONLY @ cayuga though...
im not going to risk anythingon the street, if i get caught, its all a bunch of crap, i'lll bew/ out a licence for a while, and have to pay thousands in lawyer fees to fight the ticket and licence suspension.. its pointless...

but @ the track... i want the egg

moerom
02-28-2003, 01:58 PM
I totally agree with Dan. Its not worth it to lose your liscence by racing on the street. Cayuga is only a 1.5 hour drive, and once the weather gets better, it takes nothing to go there and race instead of running on the street.

Everyone: I want to run Randy
Ja Rule: Shit, better get in line....
Ja Rule: Is this yo car?
Everyone: Yeah we're standing by them
Ja Rule: Its not how you stand by your car, its how you race you car...



Jokes jokes, but anyways, yes I want to run Randy as well :)

P.S.: Tony, I'm dying to see that Z06 in action!!!!

tlaselva
02-28-2003, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by moerom
P.S.: Tony, I'm dying to see that Z06 in action!!!!

Running a 130 HP Civic for a quick boot, is one thing.
Running our cars, which are hovering around 3-400 HP is just not worth the risk. A 10 sec run can get you in waaayyy over any speed limit here in Ontario. For us, Cayuga is the only sane place.
A .25 run can get you near 100 mph. Get caught at that speed by a cop that's having a bad day, especially if your racing someone, and you'd be in a world of hurt.

And yes Moe, I'm itching' to run the Z06 even more than you are.
Weather's not been co-operating lately. Only got 120K on the car so far. Also got to get some K's on her for the break-in. Geez, haven't been able to give her a proper car wash yet.

Your Beast and my Z have a dancing date at Cayuga this spring. ;)
Should be fun!

Just going to have to start practicing my launching techniques.
Been a while that I've dragged, and the LC on the M made it a no brainier.
You've got your launching techniques down pat with your Beast. *th-up*

moerom
02-28-2003, 07:07 PM
:)

Hopefully by the time we go to Cayuga I'll have some light bolt-ons so I'll lose by carlengths instead of buslengths against the Z06!

MP328
02-28-2003, 07:11 PM
there are no passengers allowed at the race track eh?

i wouldn't mind sitting shotgun in of your guys cars

moerom
02-28-2003, 07:15 PM
There are passengers allowed I think because I was watching a video of an S2000 vs. Prelude and the video was shot inside the 2k (as it lost to a Prelude lol) from Cayuga.

It would have to be a test run because for every extra 100 lbs, 0.1 sec is lost in the 1/4 mile (generally speaking). When I race Tony or Randy, I need all the advantage I can get, including weight savings, as my truck weighs 4700 lbs (porker)!!!

MP328
02-28-2003, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by moerom
There are passengers allowed I think because I was watching a video of an S2000 vs. Prelude and the video was shot inside the 2k (as it lost to a Prelude lol) from Cayuga.

It would have to be a test run because for every extra 100 lbs, 0.1 sec is lost in the 1/4 mile (generally speaking). When I race Tony or Randy, I need all the advantage I can get, including weight savings, as my truck weighs 4700 lbs (porker)!!!

so get Tony to take Randy with him on the run and there you go :D

moerom
02-28-2003, 07:24 PM
Sounds like a plan :)

tlaselva
03-01-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by moerom
Sounds like a plan :)

Sounds good to me too! *th-up*

Moe, your truck weighs 4700 lbs? :eek:
I thought it was 4200 lbs.

Jeez, makes that trucks acceleration that much more impressive. Guess that's why that trucks hooks up so nicely.
Have you ever tested your 60 ft. times?

moerom
03-01-2003, 03:05 PM
With enough practice, guys can cut 1.8 60' times on stock tires. Its rare, but its easy to get in the 1.9's....

Yeah the L is a porker, but in a way it helps make things stable at high speeds :)

tlaselva
03-01-2003, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by moerom
Yeah the L is a porker, but in a way it helps make things stable at high speeds :)

And some nice low consistant 60 ft. times. *th-up*

Now I can see why Ford put in more torque in thier gearing than HP. With that weight, it needs that 450 lbs.

moerom
03-01-2003, 03:19 PM
The weight doesn't bother me at all, because I have all kinds of torque to move it around. What concerns me are the brakes. They fade easily because of the mass they have to haul to a stop. Next season (after this summer) I will have saved up enough for a 355 mm 4-piston Stoptech system.

Beleive it or not the truck has 57/43 weight distribution, which is fairly respectable for a pickup :)


BTW, what is a CAGS defeat? I was reading your mods, and I couldn't figure out what it stood for ...

Miguel
03-03-2003, 08:33 PM
damn.. didnt take you long to start the moddin' now did it?!?