PDA

View Full Version : selling replica watches..

summit425
04-15-2008, 04:16 PM
isn't it suppose to be banned??

Like a month ago I tried to sell my computer with XP installed but since my XP was a cracked version (doesn't need to authorize) so admin deleted my post.

All good.

Now some people here are selling replica watches which is illegal.

selling counterfeit watches are pretty much same as selling counterfeit softwares.

Admin, it's your turn to give me the answer.

Boots R
04-15-2008, 04:30 PM
not when they're clearly labelled as replicas.

jstalin
04-15-2008, 04:30 PM
I believe it's only illegal if you're passing them off as the real deal

daytona
04-15-2008, 04:32 PM
ha..he will delete your question.I dont think there is a moral police here,a lot of sites will ban sellers of software since that can be used against the host if the seller is prosecuted for selling copies.Watches,clothes,etc,etc are much harder to enforce and unless you selling a truck load of items it wouldnt catch the attention of any legal department.

propr'one
04-15-2008, 05:02 PM
Although i do sortof agree with what you're saying (replica watches are illeagal and violate intellectual property rights & copyright). However, max isn't a public forum. Its a private forum. You may not realize this, but the owner of this forum is PERSONALLY responsible if illeagal activity takes place here. The owner/admins of this site may decide to ban the sale of watches, they may not, but dont assume simply because your thread was deleted, and someone else's wasn't, that the mods/owner are ok with the thread that was left. It may have just been overlooked.

summit425
04-15-2008, 05:03 PM
I believe it's only illegal if you're passing them off as the real deal

you are wrong. Basically you are selling copy rights that doens't belongs to you.

Fel
04-15-2008, 05:04 PM
^^ditto.

Selling pirated software is much different then selling replica watches.

summit425
04-15-2008, 05:09 PM
Although i do sortof agree with what you're saying (replica watches are illeagal and violate intellectual property rights & copyright). However, max isn't a public forum. Its a private forum. You may not realize this, but the owner of this forum is PERSONALLY responsible if illeagal activity takes place here. The owner/admins of this site may decide to ban the sale of watches, they may not, but dont assume simply because your thread was deleted, and someone else's wasn't, that the mods/owner are ok with the thread that was left. It may have just been overlooked.

good to know!

thanks for your explanation.

First, I was selling a computure with many softwares were installed. I wasn't selling actual copies of softwares and my thread has been deleted.

Now I see people are selling actual counterfeit watches and they don't do anything. Just don't feel like it's a fair game.

Well I won't say anything since admin/owner are taking their risks.

summit425
04-15-2008, 05:12 PM
^^ditto.

Selling pirated software is much different then selling replica watches.

I wasn't selling a pirated software. Actually I was selling a computer with many softwares were installed.

let's say $400 for the hardwares but if you like, I would install some softwares too for the same price.

btw how is much different? basically both steals copyright.

Boots R
04-15-2008, 05:21 PM
I wasn't selling a pirated software. Actually I was selling a computer with many softwares were installed.

let's say $400 for the hardwares but if you like, I would install some softwares too for the same price.

btw how is much different? basically both steals copyright.

It would be the same if you coded your own OS to look exactly like microsoft, and sold it as microsoft.

to compare it to watches, it would be like STEALING a Rolex and selling it on here as your own.

VSanj
04-15-2008, 06:16 PM
isn't it suppose to be banned??

Like a month ago I tried to sell my computer with XP installed but since my XP was a cracked version (doesn't need to authorize) so admin deleted my post.

All good.

Now some people here are selling replica watches which is illegal.

selling counterfeit watches are pretty much same as selling counterfeit softwares.

Admin, it's your turn to give me the answer.

Yo homie, I gots a replica for sale in the 4 sale forms.......check it out, me and you are both pirates so im guessing you might be interested in it??

Its a good price to, i give you good deal!