PDA

View Full Version : wipe on wipe off vs let dry and wipe(klasse SG)

Spawn44
04-05-2008, 10:36 PM
Well gang just about time to use the Klasse twins for my first time. I was just wondering what method i should use for the SG. wipe off immediatley or do i let it sit (for how long?) then remove.

I have never used Klasse and have only used otc wax from canadaian tire in the past. So which would be the best way, because i dont want to lose any of its effects by doing the wipe off immediatley if it takes away from the final look.

thanks in advance

HoldenC
04-06-2008, 11:20 AM
Well gang just about time to use the Klasse twins for my first time. I was just wondering what method i should use for the SG. wipe off immediatley or do i let it sit (for how long?) then remove.

I have never used Klasse and have only used otc wax from canadaian tire in the past. So which would be the best way, because i dont want to lose any of its effects by doing the wipe off immediatley if it takes away from the final look.

thanks in advance

Actually, I already answered this question in a previous thread. There is one thing to note, though. You must wait 24 hours prior to application of a layered coat of Klasse SG.

http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1115192&postcount=5

Klasse SG is only difficult to apply, as I stated, when applied too liberally. Less is more when it comes to detailing. No need to wait any time, though. There is no real "cure" time for Klasse.

I don't really recommend using a QD without washing. Ideally, you will use a QD to perform upkeep on the coat of SG.

A great formula for a QD is to mix distilled/filtered water with SG at a ratio of six parts water, one part Klasse SG (6:1). Alternately, you may use Meguiars UQD, Poorboy's Spray & Wipe, or Wolfgang Instant Detail. Any of these will be perfectly fine.

It is recommended if you perform a detail only twice a year to use both Klasse AIO & SG at each time. I would also recommend that you use a claybar each time. The clay will remove some wax and anywhere from 80-100% of embedded contaminates. AIO will remove the remainder of the wax making the finish LSP ready.