PDA

View Full Version : wife is looking at an X5...what is an AG?

darrenr
03-29-2008, 10:33 PM
Hi all, my wife sold her 530 manual m-sport today and put a deposit down (pending car inspection) on 2002 X5 4.4 in steel grey on black interior. 19" mags, sports, with 61k on the clock. and agreed price of $27k.:)

She had her heart on the 3.0, but we found that the engine strained under hard acceleration (engine made a course sound). The 4.4 was effortless, and the color combination/milage was exactly what we were looking for. she found that the weight was more planted (probably due to the weight of the V8, and the wide 19' mags).

So my question is what is the AG package, and how we tell if it has one. It was getting late today so the garage could not pull up the details. The X5 had just come in, and we asked them to call us if one like this comes along.

One garage said that the AG package can be easily spotted with the black liner and the gloss black shadow line around the windows.

This X5 has these (including black chrome tail exhaust tips), but a site I have seen decribes these as optional?

So what is an AG? what options do they have/engine tweeks? are they rare?

thanks all for the advice. car looks mint. the garage has not had a chance to clean it, but it has been taken car of - wax, clean, extra clean carpets - so it gives me some confidence.

thanks all.

tominizer
04-28-2008, 01:00 PM
Sport Package.......... as I understand it. Never heard it referred to as AG though.

Congrats on the new purchase. Aslo check out www.x5world.com. Best X5 resource on the internet. Not many X5 people here.

windsor318is
07-30-2008, 04:05 PM
thanks for the link tominizer, hope there lots of poeple on there from the gta!

punnzzells
07-30-2008, 04:08 PM
dude... you have one cool wife... //M sport 530 manual and now and X5...

nice!

TNation
11-10-2008, 01:55 PM
nice car. Sounds a little high though of a price.

EDIT: old thread, but still.

slemmer
11-10-2008, 04:55 PM
let it snow, let it snow, let it snow. Congrats!

Pinto009
11-16-2008, 11:22 AM
dam man sick car enjoy think of get one for the winter as well