PDA

View Full Version : Well....it happened....so fast! record time!

El Gato Liso
03-28-2008, 07:26 PM
yesterday

i got my e30 fully licensed and legal. wooot im back on the road!

today....some goof ball hit my car....

its in the hands of insurance right now...but im convinced i was not at fault. he hit the front of my car from driving in the wrong lane. but it looks like a Tbone but it wasnt, because he scraped along the front of my car. ruined the fender, the bumper cracked up...the bonnet is bent..

the dudes car door is ****ed, but thats his damn fault for over taking a car in the wrong lane (driving in the eastbound lane going west bound.)

i was pulling out of a market. all 3 cars in 3 lanes stopped to let me out. (by not blocking the intersection because it was a red light and no cars were moving)

the dude iw as dealing with on the phone for my insurance said from what i describe (absolutely 100%honesty) he said it looks like hes at fault. but sinece i made the left turn....its possible that it can end in 50-50.

i take the day off work and this bullshit happens....

perhaps its just a sign saying stop driving bmw now. and im convinced thats whats going on!.

pics of the damage will be up eventually...but damn.

FORTUNATELY
the car is 100% drivable, and feels the exactly same, its just purely body damage....

...i swear i have the worst luck in the world.... ///_-

bimmer1989
03-28-2008, 08:03 PM
Thats sucks incredablly. Who was driving the car that hit you?

thumper
03-28-2008, 08:09 PM
That sucks man. Did you file a police report?
If you did was the other driver deemed at fault?
I have one 50/50 claim on my insurance from about 5 years ago. I was parked in a parking lot and big truck backed right into my front end. When I go get insurance anywhere they say its counts as a at fault claim for me. *mumble*

bimmerjoe
03-28-2008, 10:08 PM
that really blows bro sorry to hear- hopefully it will be all fixed up for the cruize!

Arash
03-28-2008, 10:35 PM
That sucks very much, I know how you feel bro, I was hit 3 times this year, PITA dealing with this kinda stuff.

craz azn
03-28-2008, 11:42 PM
Stop hitting your car so you can buy my rims. LOL.

e30_kid89
03-28-2008, 11:55 PM
No excuses el gato....You will have the bumper fixed/ready for the cruise!! I'll keep an eye out for parts for ya.

JunzieB
03-29-2008, 12:03 AM
Damn 'B' sorry about that. I hope it gets buffed out in time for the cruise*th-up*

slimjim
03-29-2008, 12:46 AM
pff haters... have u seen my car?....ure car will looke fine for the cruise:P

slemmer
03-29-2008, 12:48 AM
unfortunate, but a good excuse to upgrade some parts!

hadesm5
03-29-2008, 07:03 PM
that sucks. good luck with the insurance

El Gato Liso
03-30-2008, 09:15 PM
my car positioning vs the clowns positioning

my car

and the toyotas damage...

my uncle who flew in from jamaica was with me as the passenger. i hurried to car the car on the road because of him as he is just as big of a bim fan as i am.

i know the damage doesnt look much but still...its the principle.
like i said before the car drives 100% fine. at least the control arm is still 90degrees instead of 180 degree bend. lol (that was damage on the first e30)

bimmer1989, i was driving the car when this happened. after the information was exchanged between me and the other driver, i was driving but i was tense and shit and my left foot was bouncing all over the clutch, so i asked my uncle to drive for me. the other dude claimed i switched drivers...which is useless because it was after the fact and after i was leaving i stopped to switch drivers.

right after it happened we were both in the road. he came out and asked if i was alright. i asked the same back. we pulled into the parking lot just off the side of where the collision occured.

first thing he said to me was he doesnt want to call police or get insurance involved. (which to me is admittance of wrong doing, other wise you would push for that to happen)

i said gimme ur info and shit. i got his he got mine. i got his policy # but i never gave him mine. he offered it and i took it. i never offered him nor did he ask for it.

i HAD to go home before i did anything. but after i was done that business i went to the police station to ask where the nearest collision center is. well it just so happened to be inside that police station! so yes thumper, i filled out the report and shit, and the other dude did aswell (beat me to it). the (****ing faggot cop) saw the damage and said it never made sense ( after showing him a huge ass diagram of what happened..and everything on that diagram was pure truth!) why the other person would drive in the opposite direction.

the camry driver said he couldnt afford 3 grand to fix his car, and of course im a broke ass student who can barely make ends meet and i said the same. so basically i said i want him to fix my car cuz it was his fault...for being in the wrong lane. he said he wanted me to fix his shit. i said no. (we had to come to an agreement).

so i called up insurance told them whats up and now its a waiting game for me.

i aint bitching. its just that i've never been in a situation like this before...
one mistake ill make sure that never happens is just because there are no cars coming the proper way, doesnt mean you have an idiot driving fast in the wrong lane opposite of the direction of travel intended.

my uncle offered me to fully fix the exterior of the car. elimate any rust and then a fresssssh new paintjob any way i want!the catch is i have to drive my e30 to the bronx which i am willing to do! this really cheered me up. im taking this offer and planning a weekend drive to NY for this car make over.

bimmerjoe, i hope the car will be fixed up in time for the cruise tooooo

arash, yes this shit is a PITA

craz azn dude, just because thsi happened doesnt me i've stopped saving the bills man! trust im worrrrrking on it stillaz!

no excuses, ill try my best to have this thing ready for the cruis e30kid

im just gonna take the opportunity to get the exteroir work done early in time for the heart of summer.

Arash
03-30-2008, 11:01 PM
one mistake ill make sure that never happens is just because there are no cars coming the proper way, doesnt mean you have an idiot driving fast in the wrong lane opposite of the direction of travel intended.

I don't see how you made a mistake here, its 1001% his fault for driving in the opposite lanes.

Sounds like he's going to try to **** you over though, I learned this the hard way. Next time, in order to avoid all future headache, you should:

1. Get info of as many witnesses as you can on the scene.

2. Try to take as many pictures as you can before leaving the scene, if you have no means of taking pictures, make sure the other driver accepts fault in writing before you move the cars, if the other driver does not want to do this, you're dealing with a shady person who's 100% going to try to **** you over later on, in this case, you should call the police, its a PITA to get the cops to come to the scene, they usually won't come unless there's serious injury. One trick that has worked for me is to say the other driver does not appear to have valid insurance with them or appear to be drunk, they will show up in no time if you say this. It is much less headache if you get a collision report on the scene than to try to explain to 2342million people later on what happened in the accident and get judged based on your age/race rather than the details.

g/l with everything. pm if you need any help.

5JABIJ8
03-30-2008, 11:17 PM
Man..that messed up. I can see from your sketch that your not at fault. But insurance will claim that your at fault because you were making the left turn the Camry was going straight as far insurance is concerned. This is going to break down to your word against his and vice versa. I really hope it works out in your favour thou.

The only reason I say that is because moslty people making the left turn are found to be at fault especially at a intersection. Regardless of light color. person going straight has the right of way.

AceOfSpades
03-31-2008, 01:53 AM
Man that sucks. i hope the insurance company goes in your favour. there is absolutely no way on earth that you would have been able to see that ****in sob coming.
plus doesn't the solid line means that you cannot go into the other lane?..then what the **** was he doing there?

lvan
03-31-2008, 02:15 AM
ahhhh. Best of luck bro.
Arash gave you a nice plan method.

El Gato Liso
04-01-2008, 06:30 PM
...im quitting driving...

edit: is it possible to appeal an insurance decision? i was told on the phone that it can't happen.

bimmer1989
04-01-2008, 08:16 PM
I agree with arash it was clearly his fault. If he had the patience to wait the 30 seconds it would have took for you to pass and traffic to flow all this crap would never have happened.

El Gato Liso
04-02-2008, 09:48 AM
it all ended in being my fault 100%

i asked if i can get this shit appealed andt hey said no.

now my isurance rate goes up
and my desire to drive goes down...big time.

i ****ing hate life. that ****ing bitch ass piece of shit bastard DAMN well knows he was at fault. i bet hes laughing his dumbass off knowing hes getting free repair for his own ****ing fault. i want to find this guys car and cut his damn brakelines.

jstalin
04-02-2008, 11:02 AM
at least you weren't injured, that's the main thing

and you can definately appeal it, don't sign anything and make your case to your agent. If they won't fight for you switch insurance companies, make sure you let them know that. It doesn't sound like you were at fault, but realistically you probably will be stuck with it.

T.Dot_E30
04-02-2008, 12:18 PM
The only reason I say that is because moslty people making the left turn are found to be at fault especially at a intersection. Regardless of light color. person going straight has the right of way.

That is not true, my neighbor got charged for going stright at an intersection thru a yellow light. The cop argued it was raining and he should have been driving with more caution and should have stopped for the yellow light. Complete BS.....but your statement is not always true.

Arash
04-02-2008, 12:38 PM

i ****ing hate life. that ****ing bitch ass piece of shit bastard DAMN well knows he was at fault. i bet hes laughing his dumbass off knowing hes getting free repair for his own ****ing fault. i want to find this guys car and cut his damn brakelines.

Live & learn my friend, no worries *wave*

ps. I strongly recommend to go talk to a lawyer. The guy might go on to sue you now that he feels he's not at fault. The decision can be appealed, talk to your lawyer don't let him get away with this! Do a nice sketch of the accident and take it to your lawyer, take your uncle with you too, as a witness.

Also, find out what the police report said, did you even get one?

Good luck

Fel
04-02-2008, 12:46 PM

Dude, that blows! I can't believe this happened, what a shitty situation to be in. It makes me so angry hearing stories like this, people can be such ****ing morons on the road. You should be able to appeal it to some degree... they are probably going on the "left turn" rule, because it's easy. You have to remember after all, they are an insurance company, and their primary reason for existing is NOT to take care of you, but to turn a profit, which means paying out as little as possible. I doubt they'll overturn anything, but it just sucks considering it was clearly not your fault.

Don't lose hope though, dude. Shit happens, but you can't let it bring you down. Kind of cool that your uncle offered to take care of your ride for you, hopefully you take him up on his offer! Then you can be happy with your ride again, and hopefully you don't get smacked up by some other douche.

Keep those hopes up man!

El Gato Liso
04-02-2008, 03:41 PM
im going to take this to court. and im getting a lawyer. ill starve rather than letting this punk ass get away with it.

im also going to request a copy of the clowns report. if he wrote down any witnesses then he is a liar 100%! if i had no witnesses besides my brothers and uncles, there is no way this clown had witness. i know because it was just him talking to some next fat ass tow truck that just happened to be in the parking lot. although he said himself he did not see anything.

i have my copy. 100% truth is on it.

i aitn going down without a fight
im going to go to wal mart and print the pcitures off.

lvan
04-03-2008, 03:04 AM
Ahgg bro sorry to hear. We live in a sad world. I went on Vacation last year in Africa and drove there. It was a crazy chaos and what not, but people were so openminded, as well as some good drivers.
When I returned to Toronto, I got very dissapointed.

Again people doing 50-60 when merging on highway. Shitty drivers on a phone can't see the blind spot , and driving right at me. haha crazy. I wish you best of luck. But if they **** you over with rates, it will go for 6-7 years, if not even 8. So pay the lawyer if you have to.

wraith318
04-03-2008, 12:34 PM
if that is the exact street and intersection then go back and see if any of the businesses have cameras facing where the accident took place. if they are nice about things and you don't look like your up to anything they shouldn't have a problem making you a copy of the tape for your insurance/small claims court.

i would even contact the police or city to see if they can provide a copy of the intersection cam (if there's one). a friend of mine was out test drving a saturn sky and was sideswiped coming up to the lights (kinda like your thing but was going in the same direction, the other person just was trying to beat the advance turning light by butting in front). they went to the businesses that they noticed a cam was facing the street and was actually able to get a copy to prove it wasn't their fault. and also was able to get the ministry to help in getting a copy of the intersection cam too. or else they would have been held 50% responsible... go figure.

it also helped the dealership get the car fixed, but had to turn around and sell it as a demo with slight damage.

see what you can do with the same respect.

Dr. Flyview
04-04-2008, 02:21 PM
Good idea for the cams wraith!

wraith318
04-04-2008, 02:35 PM
i know how it feels to be f'd over by another driver who was the cause of things. when i used to own a crappy neon i had an unbelievable accident. i was parked outside of the atrium on bay (the side street that looks straight at HMV) waiting for my then gf to come out from work. this delivery guy pulls ahead of my parking spot to back into the spot that was open .... he totally floored it in reverse and ended up with the back end of his car right up on my hood (his rear wheels were touching my windshield). i had like 20 odd witnesses, some even running over to see if i was ok (i was catching a quick nap while waiting, so you can imagine my surprise when i opened my eyes to see what they heck just happened). dude in the other car must have got scared or didn't have insurance so he put it in drive and then was able to come down off my hood, got out looked around ...seen his was only damaged in the bumper and tailpipe so hopped back in and bolted. he then from what the police told me, tried to say it was a friend that was borrowing the car and then tried to take it to court saying that it was ME and not him that caused the accident. that his friend was the one that was parked making a delivery and i came rushing into the spot and ran up under him.

there's that little cam for the loading dock, it caught everything that happened and even the dudes face when he got out ... so i was able to nail the plates AND his description to prove it was him driving at the time. plus the witnesses that i got names and phone numbers on to be called upon for their comments.

even if you think it's not worth the effort to go ask .... trust me it doesn't hurt, you never know and it might help your case if it goes to court.

5thseries
07-12-2008, 11:51 PM
You are safe, you should win this, if you look at the camry, you can see by how the damage was done that he hit you. Your safe, if you lose this ****ing battle. fight it, Lawyers courts w/e get w/e money you can out of that monkey ball hor
Lucky you, you get a complete exterior fix up. Good job, i hope too see your car out there :)

5style
07-13-2008, 02:37 PM
fight that faggot, and get his ass off the road.

tn_323i
07-13-2008, 09:11 PM
That is a messed up situation. Looking for cameras from the area is definitely a good idea, so is getting a lawyer. Hopefully things work out for you. Keep us updated on the situation.

dtthiaga
07-13-2008, 09:20 PM
Please take this into consideration from another perspective.

Looking at the Diagram, I can see that the Camry driver is at fault for crossing into on-coming traffic, passing the stopped car. It was just a stupid thing to do. There could have been someone walking across the street.

However, from the pictures, it could indicate you hit him. Your bumper is bushed back a bit too far, which could indicate you had forward momentum when your car came in contact with the Camry. If you were completely stopped, you might have had more scrapes and trim pieces broken than a bumper pushed back and hood & fender dented.
If you were indeed completely stopped, then the Camry is at fault. If you were still moving when you made contact, you might have hit him.

Yes, the Camry driver is at fault, but if you were moving, then you too could be at fault.
The Camry driver could have said I was avoiding something. Thatís the risk of this situation.

The main issue is, you were turning left when you really shouldnít have. I would have turned right, and made a left at the next light. There is no way I would have pulled through those cars. Iíve seen far too many times, that 2 cars let someone through on a 3 lane road, and a car in the last lane clocks the car pulling out.

Anyway, glad you are okay. See what your lawyer says.

Fel
07-14-2008, 12:51 PM
Where do these revivals keep coming from...?

5style
07-14-2008, 02:28 PM
ahahahaha just noticed date.

slimjim
07-14-2008, 10:12 PM
Where do these revivals keep coming from...?

+1 wtf?