PDA

View Full Version : Who else is sick of Ottawa winter?

chromius
03-28-2008, 03:38 PM
Anybody else really getting anxious to get the summer tires on/car out of storage? I've set a date for next weekend April 5th to get my summers on rain or shine, I don't care if it still snows, get's cold or whatever. I can't take this anymore, I need summer!!!!:)

This will be the latest I have waited for as far back as I can remember for getting my summer tires on.*shiner*

Oh, and I'm putting my summer floor mats in this weekend in an attempt to tide me over for one more week of winter tires.:D

oldskool3
03-28-2008, 03:48 PM
I tried to clear off my car for 1/2 and hour yesterday before going to school and didn't even get half way done. It is putting my suspension under crazy load.:mad: I am hopefully going to get it all cleared off this weekend and start slowly replacing the parts needed to get ot run properly for once. I can't wait till the roads get cleaned.

Manimillion
03-28-2008, 05:10 PM
I put my summers on the day before yesterday... Summer car won't be coming out till they sweep the streets and we get a couple of nice showers to clean the roads.

chromius
03-28-2008, 09:23 PM
Summer car won't be coming out till they sweep the streets and we get a couple of nice showers to clean the roads.

Man, at this rate that will be about July:D

Jesse, Any particular parts you need for the e30? I'm cleaning out all my stuff I don't need any more, and came across a bunch of e30 stuff. I've got a fuel rail, 325i injectors, oil cooler w/lines, ignition coil, spark plug wires and a few other things. Let me know.

Jamil20
03-28-2008, 09:35 PM
Me!

I finally washed my car today. I was running a white car all winter.

bmdoubleya
03-28-2008, 09:37 PM
I'm dying without bimmers. I was so stressed about not being able to drive one that I bought another. I now have a 86 euro 320i. It's got euro grilles,bumpers,old euro lights and the euro obc replacement clock.*th-up*

Nice 4 door 5 speed in really good shape that I'll be selling as a running rolling car minus the above parts.

carjoe
03-29-2008, 08:01 AM
I'm fed up. I might pull the car out to wash it. That should hold me over for a bit but like Mani, the car won't be out until I see a street sweeper.

everlast
03-30-2008, 11:45 AM
Nice find on that euro Dave.. Now get an 87is, put all the euro stuff on it and sell it to me. I want something I'll never have to etest again. ;)

I have more repairs to do on my wife's motorcycle, then fab an undertail out of aluminum, and source new mirrors for my bike. But like you guys, I won't be riding them until both the snow is gone from the yard and the roads have been rinsed.

chromius
03-30-2008, 11:55 AM
you guys scare too easily... A little dried salt never hurt anyone:P

It's such a nice day today...I'm heading up to Calabogie:)

Jamil20
03-30-2008, 12:53 PM
I was ready to put on my summers yesterday, but I figured hard compound + -9C weather don't mix.

chromius
03-30-2008, 12:57 PM
^^Yeah I had the same thoughts, that's why I picked next weekend, because the long term forecast shows double digit temps by then.

ecuconnection
03-30-2008, 01:22 PM
going for a new set or rims and tires this summer ... incase anybody on here is intrested http://www.forums.ottawabmw.ca/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=72

everlast
03-30-2008, 02:07 PM
Easy to say when you have four wheels. ;)

you guys scare too easily... A little dried salt never hurt anyone:P

It's such a nice day today...I'm heading up to Calabogie:)

oldskool3
03-30-2008, 03:19 PM
I'm dying without bimmers. I was so stressed about not being able to drive one that I bought another. I now have a 86 euro 320i. It's got euro grilles,bumpers,old euro lights and the euro obc replacement clock.*th-up*

Nice 4 door 5 speed in really good shape that I'll be selling as a running rolling car minus the above parts.

Did you pick it up from the guy in osgoode? I was wondering if it had euro goodies or not. Good score for sure.

Adam I just need the intake elbow for the air filter housing and some new gaskets for my injectors. I am pretty sure thats all I need for now but ill let you know if I think of something else

ecuconnection
03-30-2008, 04:13 PM
hey dave good find good luck!

bmdoubleya
03-31-2008, 12:37 PM
Did you pick it up from the guy in osgoode? I was wondering if it had euro goodies or not. Good score for sure.

Adam I just need the intake elbow for the air filter housing and some new gaskets for my injectors. I am pretty sure thats all I need for now but ill let you know if I think of something else

No This one just fell in my lap.

Nascar318is
03-31-2008, 01:07 PM
Me it'll be awhile before she comes out.. I still have to find it under all that snow.. Remember she's parked in a portable garage 12 feet high and it's fully covered by snow. So I'm thinking sometime in May she'll be out:)

chromius
03-31-2008, 01:09 PM
better be out in time for the spring tour! You could always speed up the process with some industrial propane heaters*smoke*:)

Nascar318is
03-31-2008, 01:33 PM
better be out in time for the spring tour! You could always speed up the process with some industrial propane heaters*smoke*:)

If i could I would! Forget trying to hammer at that with a damn shovel.. Here's a pic for the heck of it.. take 2 inches off the top and that's what I have now.

carjoe
03-31-2008, 01:48 PM
Geezus....I'm still having a hard time seeing my front door but it's not that much.

I figure when the sweepers are out, so will I.

ecuconnection
03-31-2008, 02:12 PM
If i could I would! Forget trying to hammer at that with a damn shovel.. Here's a pic for the heck of it.. take 2 inches off the top and that's what I have now.

lol tony you are f'd!! it will be a long april for you *wave*

chromius
03-31-2008, 02:29 PM
Damn Tony...Seriously, I'd rent some of those jet engine type heaters that they use for drying concrete in the winter!

oldskool3
03-31-2008, 09:09 PM
Is that fukin pic for real. Youll be lucky if your not driving the civic for the fall cruise.

No This one just fell in my lap.

the e30 gods love you. You always find all the good e30's

Nascar318is
04-01-2008, 08:29 AM
Is that fukin pic for real. Youll be lucky if your not driving the civic for the fall cruise.

Hahaha Even then I might not go to the Fall Cruise, depending when it is. There's that new law in Quebexico for Winter tires.. If the cruise is after the date we have to put Winter tires on(Which I Highly Doubt)...Count me out.

I'll see if I can get a pic tonight when I get home of it's current state..

chromius
04-01-2008, 08:55 AM
Hahaha Even then I might not go to the Fall Cruise, depending when it is. There's that new law in Quebexico for Winter tires.. If the cruise is after the date we have to put Winter tires on(Which I Highly Doubt)...Count me out.

I heard there are no more Cell Phones while driving either...Quebec gov is getting to be a hard ass! Next thing you know you guys will start having to get E-tests every year.*shiner*

Nascar318is
04-01-2008, 09:41 AM
Yup Cellemephone law starts today... Vivre Le Quebec Libre Tabernack!!!!! You know what they can do with the E-tests... Shove it in there tail pipe!

- Speeding Fines Went Up, Fines and points doubled. Example 46Km'h over and it's 10 points(instead of 5) and a $480(instead of $240) fine. License Suspended for 7, 30 or 60 Days and vehicle seized for 30 days.

http://www.saaq.gouv.qc.ca/publications/prevention/excessive_speeding.pdf

- Cell Phone 80-100$ 3 points

- Winter tires November 15th to April 1st

-Red light cameras(project, 15 spots for now) Includes Photo Radar.. Yes speeding!!

- Speed limiters on heavy trucks to 105Km/h.

- Scooters and Mopeds, no more passengers under the age of 16.

Demerit Points
• 8 points under 23 years old
• 12 points from 23 to 25 years old;
• 15 points 25+ and up.

bmdoubleya
04-01-2008, 10:52 AM
Yup Cellemephone law starts today... Vivre Le Quebec Libre Tabernack!!!!! You know what they can do with the E-tests... Shove it in there tail pipe!

- Speeding Fines Went Up, Fines and points doubled. Example 46Km'h over and it's 10 points(instead of 5) and a $480(instead of $240) fine. License Suspended for 7, 30 or 60 Days and vehicle seized for 30 days.

http://www.saaq.gouv.qc.ca/publications/prevention/excessive_speeding.pdf

- Cell Phone 80-100$ 3 points

- Winter tires November 15th to April 1st

-Red light cameras(project, 15 spots for now) Includes Photo Radar.. Yes speeding!!

- Speed limiters on heavy trucks to 105Km/h.

- Scooters and Mopeds, no more passengers under the age of 16.

Demerit Points
8 points under 23 years old
12 points from 23 to 25 years old;
15 points 25+ and up.

OMG*sad*

bmdbley'sBro
04-01-2008, 01:39 PM
-

yeah my bike reg just jumped from $250 to almost $500 bux.

anything over 401cc gets raped, anything rated a 'sportsbike' is like $700 to reg/plate Each year!?

i'm riding a 1000cc v-twin from the fk'n 80's, look at me speed! *mumble*

oh and the highest tax's of all provinces in canada to boot. *par-t*

--

Democracy. democracy would be public voting on issues that will effect us all like this.

instead you can stfu & have your new yoke of opppression, peasant ass citizen.

money & the lust of it makes these mthrfkrs evil scum sucking faggots in my book.

*p.s qc just reported its lowest fatality rates in 10yrs :confused:

chromius
04-01-2008, 01:46 PM
-
*p.s qc just reported its lowest fatality rates in 10yrs :confused:

That's one thing I find common with all these stupid laws that the provinces keep forcing down our throats, there often aren't any tangeble facts or reasons for doing it. It all seems to come from a very very small group of vocal people who have nothing better to do but complain about every little thing. Then the Government and Media spin it to make it sound like a fantastic idea that the majority of people want. Drives me NUTS!:mad:

everlast
04-01-2008, 03:35 PM
Well, you QC'ers need to raise your taxes about 200% more. Not only are you guys paying a lot in QC, we in Ontario are also paying for you.. In fact, Canada pays $8 billion dollars a year to QC in federal equalization payments, more than any other province by 400%.

Ontario, Alb, Sask, BC get $0. And yet my car and bike insurance is STILL higher than yours. So WTF.

edit: http://www.fin.gc.ca/FEDPROV/eqpe.html

oldskool3
04-01-2008, 08:11 PM
Well, you QC'ers need to raise your taxes about 200% more. Not only are you guys paying a lot in QC, we in Ontario are also paying for you.. In fact, Canada pays $8 billion dollars a year to QC in federal equalization payments, more than any other province by 400%.

Ontario, Alb, Sask, BC get $0. And yet my car and bike insurance is STILL higher than yours. So WTF.

*mumble* fukin french people

bmdbley'sBro
04-02-2008, 02:03 PM

wow jay thats an interesting opinion & a complex subject! 1 that could merrit it's own thread you could call:
why i hate quebec & all quebecers, the government & taxes?

that $8B must go right into the pockets of the politicians, cause i receive no check.
especially none labled 'from the people of ontario & the rest of canada'.
what can i tell you? Bitch to Harper! maybe he'll do something 'conservative' about it.

and your insurance rates will continue to go up (just like ur taxes)
even though they've had Record profits & surpluses.
because thats what greedy people do: take more & more

Nascar318is
04-02-2008, 02:17 PM
Oh man my insurence rates on my BMW went down to $28 a month instead of $55 :) But if I pay the full thing without interest it's $250 for 12 months..Thanks Ontario:P

P.S. Where's my check?? Actually I don't want it. Everytime I get a check from the Government I stash it somewhere because 2-3 months down the road they call me and send me a letter saying they over paid me and want it back..*shiner*

chromius
04-02-2008, 02:17 PM
Bitch to Harper! maybe he'll do something 'conservative' about it.

If he could he would...but he's blocked at every turn by the 'we don't know what we want' Liberals, the 'vivre le communisim' NDP, and the 'I hate the rest of Canada' Block party.

The liberals have too much political interest in Quebec, the NDP...well they just like spending money on useless shit, and then of course the block wants all the money to flow to Quebec. The conservatives are fu*ked no matter what they do.

Nascar318is
04-02-2008, 02:21 PM
Next Election I'm Voting Barack Obama! He'll get the job done like Ron jeremy Did in the Houston 700

everlast
04-02-2008, 06:00 PM
LOL, thought that'd getcha going! :)

wow jay thats an interesting opinion & a complex subject! 1 that could merrit it's own thread you could call:
why i hate quebec & all quebecers, the government & taxes?

that $8B must go right into the pockets of the politicians, cause i receive no check.
especially none labled 'from the people of ontario & the rest of canada'.
what can i tell you? Bitch to Harper! maybe he'll do something 'conservative' about it.

and your insurance rates will continue to go up (just like ur taxes)
even though they've had Record profits & surpluses.
because thats what greedy people do: take more & more

bmdbley'sBro
04-03-2008, 03:41 PM
LOL, thought that'd getcha going! :)
Me? LOL ur the guy going off about how qc personaly owes u $8billion in bad iou's

I'd be worked up too .. :D

--
speaking of politics though:
how about that $15M the prov gave ottawa for Infrastructure (potholes, potholes, potholes)
ottawa city councillors decided No Fuk that! we want it for snow removal costs! ????

I guess the nations capitol loves its large unibody damaging potholes?
just like gatineau loves its unplowed sidewalks?

but hey at least they now have their shared uber hard lined draconian speeding laws!
can u smell the UNITY $$ *love*

** and feeling left out & or not to be overdone: America!
Florida. yes they want to pass a law that could get you 5 to 10 in federal prison for...

30mph over

Jamil20
04-03-2008, 03:50 PM
Florida. yes they want to pass a law that could get you 5 to 10 in federal prison for...

30mph over

If they had that law in NH while we were down there, they'd have put us all away for life. :D

Nascar318is
04-03-2008, 06:45 PM
If they had that law in NH while we were down there, they'd have put us all away for life. :D

Good thing I wasn't on that trip:huh?:

News update on my snow bank, I trimmed about a foot and my damn shovel broke!!! Anyway so now it's about a 9 x 5 snow bank*mumble*

everlast
04-03-2008, 10:26 PM
Nah, I'm not worked up, just joshing you around. If we can't make fun of you Qc'ers, who can we make fun of? Certainly not ourselves because we have no sense of humor. And I don't see any Newfies around.

Tell yer bros to check his PM, I got something done for your dad.

Me? LOL ur the guy going off about how qc personaly owes u $8billion in bad iou's

I'd be worked up too .. :D

--
speaking of politics though:
how about that $15M the prov gave ottawa for Infrastructure (potholes, potholes, potholes)
ottawa city councillors decided No Fuk that! we want it for snow removal costs! ????

I guess the nations capitol loves its large unibody damaging potholes?
just like gatineau loves its unplowed sidewalks?

but hey at least they now have their shared uber hard lined draconian speeding laws!
can u smell the UNITY $$ *love*

30mph over

bmdbley'sBro
04-04-2008, 02:42 PM
Nah, I'm not worked up, just joshing you around. If we can't make fun of you Qc'ers, who can we make fun of? Certainly not ourselves because we have no sense of humor. And I don't see any Newfies around.
Tell yer bros to check his PM, I got something done for your dad.

hey! my Mothers a Newfie! :mad:.... jokes.jokes. :P

ok but now I am really Worked up.. I looked outside & its Fk'n Snowing again #!$!%

and jay will do on the pm's ...whats ur opinion of the adobe 'go live' software for creating websites?
everused it?

everlast
04-04-2008, 02:45 PM
PM me on what you're working with and trying to achieve and I can make some recommendations. I've seen it in use. It would probably be ok for some uses, though can make some seriously bloated pages, and browser compatibility is often an issue.

bmdbley'sBro
04-04-2008, 02:47 PM
Good thing I wasn't on that trip:huh?:

News update on my snow bank, I trimmed about a foot and my damn shovel broke!!! Anyway so now it's about a 9 x 5 snow bank*mumble*
I knew the energy drinks had 'trip out' powers!

tony u honestly don't remeber being there, climbing the roof of bav,
half naked yelling stuff about 'u'll never get me! I am ur bimmah daddy! top of the world!'
u barely escaped the police & their tranquilizer darts

and yes its waay to much snow when ur shovel breaks! pull a toronto call the Cdn military in for assistance :D

Jamil20
04-05-2008, 05:54 PM
Put the summers on. Washed the car. Cleaned out the interior.

Things are good. :)

I do have to rebuild my bumper though. I've actually lost pieces of it. *thmbsdwn*

everlast
04-06-2008, 01:00 AM
Took the summer car for a spin.

To get groceries. Ho hum. Oil change tomorrow, then a nice run, yay!

oldskool3
04-06-2008, 01:33 PM
the e30 is almost finally snow free after trying to shovel it out on three seperate occasions. I am taking out the 19lb injectors/ m30 maf tomorrow as they are sold and now I need to find some m50 injectors to replace them with. Anybody have any?? Should be running better soon!!

ecuconnection
04-06-2008, 07:38 PM
did body work and primer today!...working with bondo is a complete disaster, but loving this weather~

everlast
04-06-2008, 08:59 PM
Pics?

Bondo sucks. I hate doing body work. You screw around forever on it, think it finally looks good and then you paint it and realize you needed to do 2 more hours sanding.

chromius
04-06-2008, 11:17 PM
loving this weather, but unfortunately I haven't been able to enjoy it yet...stupid cooling system took a shit on me....again! grrrr.*mumble*

I think it's almost time for the all aluminium Zionville kit...

Jamil20
04-06-2008, 11:52 PM
loving this weather, but unfortunately I haven't been able to enjoy it yet...stupid cooling system took a shit on me....again! grrrr.*mumble*

What broke now?

ecuconnection
04-07-2008, 12:01 AM

shit! sorry to hear that ... good luck with the fix!

chromius
04-07-2008, 12:05 AM
Crack in the expansion tank. The one I just replaced last year. It cracked right along the seam, so my only guess is that it was defective. Stupid plastic shit.

oldskool3
04-07-2008, 12:12 AM
what you need is an e39 version of this http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/yhst-54168318875339_1991_1896959 so ballin

edit: wow that pic is huge.

chromius
04-07-2008, 12:18 AM
Yeah the zionville kit I mentioned includes a similar welded aluminuim expansion tank along with rad end caps, and an integrated electric fan as oppose to the mechanical. Here it is...

everlast
04-07-2008, 03:05 AM
You gotta think that the zionsville rad will pay for itself, both in worry free service and resell value for anybody that knows these cars. My 540's coolant system failed twice too.. amazing really.

chromius
04-07-2008, 08:26 AM
You gotta think that the zionsville rad will pay for itself, both in worry free service and resell value for anybody that knows these cars. My 540's coolant system failed twice too.. amazing really.

Yeah, I would think so. Since the zionsville rad really should last the life of the car. It's just such a big expense all at once.

For now, I just really want to get my car back on the road so I'll just replace with oem, but as soon as I get some extra cash laying around I'll probably go for it.

Bob Loblaw
04-07-2008, 06:47 PM
*mumble* fukin french people

Are you comin' on to me??

Sorry, bud, I don't swing that way. ;)

Nascar318is
04-07-2008, 08:08 PM
Well as some of you know I was in Halifax from Friday till today and missed out on your 16 degree weather.. Well Halifax has no snow what's so ever! So I Woke up at 6:30am our time went to work etc.. Hopped the plane in Halifax ended up getting off the plane in Ottawa at 3pm and made it home for 4:30pm.. Guess what I did for 3 hours...Let me put it this way, angel eyes are A OK and, I really missed my Jl Amp and subs..:cool: Is that determination or what?? My neighbours think I'm nuts...*wave*

carjoe
04-07-2008, 09:01 PM
Nice. I hooked up the batt charger this afternoon. Should be ready to go tomorrow...Woot!

In another note, Tony, remember when I met you at the dealer to grab the ducts? April 12th. It was snowing that day...just found my receipt.

Nascar318is
04-07-2008, 09:27 PM
hahaha Sweet:) might have snowed but I could still cut the lawn the next day lol Not like this crap!

ecuconnection
04-07-2008, 09:33 PM
Nice tone! balls to the wall! shoveling snow likes it's your job!! ... jason you are so right about body work lol... I sanded and painted till I could no longer see from the dust & fumes, but it still looks like shit, but atleast the rust is cut out.. not sure what I'm going to do ... maybe time to talk to a pro

carjoe
04-08-2008, 08:54 AM
Grrr. I think I might need a new battery, I've had the charger on all night, car won't even turnover this morning. Registers 4 volts....I'll check the water levels when Iget home but I'm not expecting much.

chromius
04-08-2008, 09:05 AM
^^^Engine seized from not being used all winter.:P J/K

ecuconnection
04-08-2008, 11:33 AM
Grrr. I think I might need a new battery, I've had the charger on all night, car won't even turnover this morning. Registers 4 volts....I'll check the water levels when Iget home but I'm not expecting much.

UH OH! *sad*

lol you guys will have a good laugh when you see my handy body work...I should never touch paint and bondo again

everlast
04-08-2008, 11:56 AM
But you will.. the allure of cheap bodywork will keep you coming back! Any each time it will get a little better. Now when I do bodywork it only looks like partial ass.

CarJoe, if your battery froze and warped the plates, some will short out completely and the remaining good chambers will generate voltage, which is how you're likely seeing 4V. You will almost certainly need a new battery. :( Sry!

Consider a Battery Tender for it next year to keep it 100%. They're about $40 and even come with a harness to wire right into the car. You can get them at any motorcycle shop.

carjoe
04-08-2008, 12:23 PM
Effing batteries...I think the truck needs a batt next year too. This is disappointing, I remember my dad storing his car outside, never did a thing to it. Come summer, he'd check the tire pressure, change the oil and go...

Think a trickle charger would do the same thing as the battrey tender?

chromius
04-08-2008, 12:36 PM
Think a trickle charger would do the same thing as the battrey tender?

As long as it has an auto shutoff it will work no problem.

My experience has always been once a lead acid battery drains to 0 it will die shortly after and/or might not take another charge. It has to do with the charge in some of the plates actually changing polarity or something like that when the battery completely dies...can't remember exactly.

Edit: google'd...I was kinda close.

"The quickest way to ruin lead-acid batteries is to discharge them deeply and leave them stand "dead" for an extended period of time. When they discharge, there is a chemical change in the positive plates of the battery. They change from lead oxide when charged to lead sulfate when discharged. If they remain in the lead sulfate state for a few days, some part of the plate does not return to lead oxide when the battery is recharged. If the battery remains discharged longer, a greater amount of the positive plate will remain lead sulfate. The parts of the plates that become "sulfated" no longer store energy. Batteries that are deeply discharged, and then charged partially on a regular basis can fail in less than one year."

oldskool3
04-08-2008, 02:08 PM
Are you comin' on to me??

Sorry, bud, I don't swing that way. ;)

Al you've crushed my dreams *love*

everlast
04-08-2008, 02:34 PM
Trickle charger is still a 'dumb device' which just puts in a little current at a static voltage. A battery tender, or any other smart device, monitors the voltage of the battery and adjusts its current to suit. Once the battery hits 13.7V, it reduces the current to nil, until the voltage drops below, then hits it again at a small amperage until it gets to 13.7 again. Once this cycle has occurred a few times, it will determine how much current it will need to keep it at 13.7 constantly.

A BMW bike owner in ottawa had a bike in a barn for 8 years on a battery tender while he was in EU and the battery was in perfect condition.

Some say that a charger like this will de-sulfate a battery too, but I've tried a few times on old batteries and its never worked. It shouldn't, unless I misunderstand the chemical principles of it.

Seriously, once you have one of those, you may NEVER have to replace your battery again, ever.

Nascar318is
04-08-2008, 05:20 PM
discharge period . When they discharge,

LOL you said Discharge! I knew a girl like that once too, she should have opened a bakery with all that discharge*shiner* Would have been a Zazillionaire 2 times over

Joe your batt is fubared, even if it was in the car and didn't last the winter, she probablly wouldn't have had much longer to go..

everlast
04-08-2008, 06:43 PM
Tony, you're so classy.

ecuconnection
04-08-2008, 07:15 PM
No wonder I had a smile all the way too and back from bav auto show lol tony you need to start doing stand up :)

Nascar318is
04-08-2008, 07:30 PM
Tony, you're so classy.

Lord, I apologize . . . and be with the starving pygmies in New Guinea amen.

Barrie... umm no*rockout*

carjoe
04-08-2008, 07:30 PM
Classy... :D

There may be hope yet. I've got 8 volts tonight...

I'm getting desperate, I went to Crappy tire to see if they had anything, as it turns out. Nada. No batteries listed for a 93 325is. Blessing in disguise I think.

Nascar318is
04-08-2008, 07:33 PM
Well She's out and Alivvveeee and parked in the driveway.. Now I just need to replace my control arm and an alignment and she's good to go:)

Jamil20
04-08-2008, 09:05 PM
Napa usually carries batteries for our cars. That's where I got mine. Cost like $130 if I remember right.

Nascar318is
04-08-2008, 09:06 PM
Napa usually carries batteries for our cars. That's where I got mine. Cost like $130 if I remember right.

That or go Yellow Top Optima Dry Cell...

http://www.optimabatteries.com/home.php

carjoe
04-08-2008, 09:20 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll hit up Wally World and Costco tomorrow...

Nascar318is
04-08-2008, 09:22 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll hit up Wally World and Costco tomorrow...

That's where I got my red top(Costco). maybe they'll have some yellow tops. Oh and bring my car in for me, get my control arm installed and a 4 wheel alignment :)

Thanks

Oh and a complete detail job, have it ready by 3:30pm in front of my work.. ummm k thanks now bob bye*wave*

carjoe
04-08-2008, 10:22 PM
I'll detail your car while you watch the kids....

carjoe
04-09-2008, 02:38 PM
Ok, this is frustrating...nobody has the friggin dimensions listed anywhere.

So, red top or yellow top? yellow's for $180, red's for $130. Kirkland's for $80? I've got a quote coming from my mechanic too. Interstate something.

Nascar318is
04-09-2008, 02:51 PM
I'd go red top, if you have a sound system(with subs) I would go with a yellow top. Kirkland..hmm they make chicken. I'd pass.
Interstate I'd go with.

It's all up to you and your budget.

carjoe
04-09-2008, 05:59 PM
All done. I picked up an Exide for $120. I'll install it later tonight. My wife is a little sick of car talk.

On to some stickers...

Nascar318is
04-09-2008, 08:43 PM
Hey Joey, Took my car out for a rip tonight:) Don't feel bad my control arm is klunking like a mofo, so I won't be able to drive it into work tomorrow:(

carjoe
04-10-2008, 09:18 AM
Clunking eh? Yikes.

Well, cars out. Installed the new battery, it turned over and BAM! She's alive! Insurance is on and now I just need to wash it...

Anyone know what the battery tie down is supposed to look like? I've got nothing. Battery is just sitting there, no vent tube, no straps. I'm pretty sure there's some stuff missing...

chromius
04-10-2008, 09:35 AM
^^It's a metal bracket that goes over the top of the battery connected to the tray underneath with two long studs. I didn't have one on my e30 either, and eventually just made my own out of an old leather belt...worked like a charm:)

ecuconnection
04-10-2008, 09:59 AM
mint sig adam! .... you can also grab a battery box at ct used for boats and I think it has mounting & tie down hardware

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_8n2Qgguto&feature=related

chromius
04-10-2008, 10:10 AM
^^Thanks man. I've gotta go back with my good camera though, cuz I only had my phone with me so the quality isn't great. I was just out for a drive and ended up there by accident and loved the location. That road actually has a lake on both sides of it. It's marked in the GPS though so that I know how to get back.:)

ecuconnection
04-10-2008, 10:24 AM
cam phone?? would have never guessed ... nice work and defently keep that location for some more photo action

Jamil20
04-10-2008, 10:45 AM
Clunking eh? Yikes.

Well, cars out. Installed the new battery, it turned over and BAM! She's alive! Insurance is on and now I just need to wash it...

Anyone know what the battery tie down is supposed to look like? I've got nothing. Battery is just sitting there, no vent tube, no straps. I'm pretty sure there's some stuff missing...

It's like a long bolt. Mine was rusted out and broke off trying to turn the nut. It's sitting on nothing right now, but it doesn't move at all.

carjoe
04-10-2008, 11:44 AM
Cam phone? DAmn. My phone doesn't take anything near that nice! I like it. I'ts got an almost fish eye quality to it.

chromius
04-10-2008, 11:51 AM
Yeah, it was taken in panorama mode, which gives it a wide picture angle, and gives it that fisheye look as a result.

everlast
04-10-2008, 12:23 PM
I was gonna ask if you stiched them together to get that. I wish my phone worked well as a phone, let alone a camera. ;)

chromius
04-10-2008, 12:28 PM
Yeah I'm pretty happy with my new phone...the GPS nav is absolutely flawless. I ran it side by side with a garmin, and it was identical.

carjoe
04-10-2008, 01:29 PM
Model# please! I'm due for an upgrade and may change carriers while I'm at it. Bell sucks for choice...

chromius
04-10-2008, 02:19 PM
Nokia Navigator. It was never released in North America, so you'll have to search around for it online. It's GSM so it won't work with Bell, only Rogers and Fido. I absolutely love it, and the GPS and voice nav is as good as any standalone GPS. The only down side because it isn't a NA phone is that it only has HSDPA 2100 so you won't get 3G data speeds in NA only EDGE, but that's not a huge deal since our data rates are so high I only send e-mails etc anyway.

everlast
04-11-2008, 12:37 PM
Sik fone fo sho.

Nascar318is
04-15-2008, 11:07 AM
4 feet to go and the snow will be gone! Another month at this rate.. lalalalala

chromius
04-15-2008, 11:08 AM
the snow is completely gone downtown

Nascar318is
04-15-2008, 11:17 AM
the snow is completely gone downtown

I know I'm only there all day everyday*shiner*

Saw the sweepers cleaning yesterday and I'll tell ya.. it's interesting how the tow trucks move the cars that aren't supposed to be parked there..

Chain+Front Axel=Move from Curb

then a ticket and then they tow it... It was fun to watch *rockout*

4 sweepers, 2 sidewalk sweepers, and 2 tow trucks and 2 guys giving out tickets.. Man they are serious enough when it comes too street cleaning..

chromius
04-15-2008, 11:21 AM
^^Man, they'd be buying me a new front suspension if they did that to mine. The all aluminium front end doesn't do well with chains and towing. I'd be really pissed if they did that just to clean up some fu*king dust.