PDA

View Full Version : ticket and insurance

elroy
03-25-2008, 06:03 PM
Today i got a ticket doing 85 in 60 zone but because of my clean record, the cop dropped it down to 70 in 60. so its $40 with no points. That being said, will my insurance still go up or is it not affected until points come into play? I have heard that unless you get points on the ticket, the insurance is not affected.

thanks guys

Boots R
03-25-2008, 06:14 PM
whether it's 40 over, or 1 over... it will affect your insurance.

... only if they check your record though. My insurance company didn't see one of my tickets for two years. It's luck of the draw.

elroy
03-25-2008, 06:15 PM
but when it comes time to renew your insurance, dont they ask if you have any tickets?

Boots R
03-25-2008, 06:20 PM
but when it comes time to renew your insurance, dont they ask if you have any tickets?

Not any insurance company i've been with. I just start paying the new years policy payment.

They asked me when I switched insurance companies though.

summit425
03-25-2008, 06:47 PM
^^ exactly what Roots R said!!

insurance premium will go up even 1+km over.

Good part is your current insurance company mostly is not going to check but if you are switching insurance company they will check your record for sure.

Exactly what happened to me.. actually I found out I am convicted since they didn't send me any of court date..

anyway everything settled down now. When is your re-newal date of your insurance??

Make sure your court date is beyond that date so your premium doesn't have any affect even you are convicted later.

elroy
03-25-2008, 06:57 PM
haven't set a court date yet, just got it today about 2 hours ago. my mom said they didnt ask last time when renewing so im ok there. I will be going back on that road to see if i can blame the speed for inclination or something. I dont mind paying the fine but dont want insurance going up. and if im not mistaken, the ticket goes away after 3 yrs right

Boots R
03-25-2008, 07:02 PM
haven't set a court date yet, just got it today about 2 hours ago. my mom said they didnt ask last time when renewing so im ok there. I will be going back on that road to see if i can blame the speed for inclination or something. I dont mind paying the fine but dont want insurance going up. and if im not mistaken, the ticket goes away after 3 yrs right

Yes, 3 years and it dissapears from your drivers abstract (which is what the insurance company checks).

spoony_prelude
03-25-2008, 07:11 PM
just cause u dont get points doesnt mean ur insurance wont go up, points doesnt have anything to do with ur insurance, points determins whether or not u get to keep ur licence! i think its 9 points for a G driver, once u get 6 i think u have to go for an interview of why you have so many points, at 9 points ur licence is suspended.
jay

europrince
03-26-2008, 02:12 AM
Yes, 3 years and it dissapears from your drivers abstract (which is what the insurance company checks).

clarification: 3 years from conviction date, not offence date

europrince
03-26-2008, 02:13 AM
just cause u dont get points doesnt mean ur insurance wont go up, points doesnt have anything to do with ur insurance, points determins whether or not u get to keep ur licence! i think its 9 points for a G driver, once u get 6 i think u have to go for an interview of why you have so many points, at 9 points ur licence is suspended.
jay

you have 15 points. at 9, you'll get brought in for an interview. they can take it from you then but probably won't. your licence gets suspended at 15 points

jstalin
03-26-2008, 09:17 AM
whether it's 40 over, or 1 over... it will affect your insurance.

... only if they check your record though. My insurance company didn't see one of my tickets for two years. It's luck of the draw.

This is correct. It might affect it, but in reality unless you switch companies your rates probably won't be affected right away. Although most companies do forgive the first ticket

abc12
03-26-2008, 09:43 AM
fight everything.. if not.... get screwed in the end.... i learned from others