PDA

View Full Version : Towing Damage..

3SERB
03-24-2008, 04:27 PM
I need some advice on this issue guys,
So my car got towed last week (forgot to call it in to the building parking), either way after I picked it up the next day I saw that they broke the bumper while towing it. The side clips are fully busted, the inter lining is torn off and one of the fog lights is broken. Got an estimate for $800 to get it fixed up..spoke to the guy who owns the towing company he didnt really seem to concerned about getting the bumper relpaced..I think he just wants to patch it up him self..Any ideas on how to deal with this? Make them pay for the repair? Call the city? Insurance company?

Mickey Knox
03-24-2008, 04:31 PM
... grab three of your biggest buddies and some crowbars and go to his shop and get the cash. i have yet to meet a upstanding tow guy that would admit his fault and pay your damages, if he fixes it its probably not much better then a driveway repair with duct tape and some wood screws (sorry if somebody here is a upstanding towing guy)

dtthiaga
03-24-2008, 04:49 PM
Small Claims court perhaps. Perhaps call the city-bylaw office too.

Oyster
03-24-2008, 04:53 PM
I need some advice on this issue guys,
So my car got towed last week (forgot to call it in to the building parking), either way after I picked it up the next day I saw that they broke the bumper while towing it. The side clips are fully busted, the inter lining is torn off and one of the fog lights is broken. Got an estimate for $800 to get it fixed up..spoke to the guy who owns the towing company he didnt really seem to concerned about getting the bumper relpaced..I think he just wants to patch it up him self..Any ideas on how to deal with this? Make them pay for the repair? Call the city? Insurance company?

start barking at the condo building management.

Oyster
03-24-2008, 04:54 PM
... grab three of your biggest buddies and some crowbars and go to his shop and get the cash. i have yet to meet a upstanding tow guy that would admit his fault and pay your damages, if he fixes it its probably not much better then a driveway repair with duct tape and some wood screws (sorry if somebody here is a upstanding towing guy)

nice talk! Trade people in the towing business are certified real though guys. Good luck playing bully with them.

BMW BMXer
03-24-2008, 04:55 PM
Press harder on the company. CAA smashed up the roof of my truck towing it, and the driver ended up paying.

Gamite
03-24-2008, 05:08 PM
had my oil pan busted from a towing company. Similar situation as you. They repaired it. I'm sure if you offer to get the parts for them, show them that it's not expensive, then they'll pay for it. You should demand that it be replaced. If not, then go to small claims. For a lining, and clips, it shouldn't be too expensive.

Sneaky
03-24-2008, 05:13 PM

Hahah Id advise against that, Id say about 99% percent of the people in the Tow Truck industry have criminal records for violent crimes and have spent some time locked up. And about half are certified psychopath's that love excuses to get violent.

thumper
03-24-2008, 05:37 PM
Press harder on the company. CAA smashed up the roof of my truck towing it, and the driver ended up paying.

Depends on the company he got his car towed through. I work for CAA and if the driver damages a car while under tow by us the driver is responsible. I had my friends car towed one and they cracked his carbon fiber lip. no problem getting a new one *th-up*

98Dinan3
03-24-2008, 06:11 PM
Hahah Id advise against that, Id say about 99% percent of the people in the Tow Truck industry have criminal records for violent crimes and have spent some time locked up. And about half are certified psychopath's that love excuses to get violent.

they'll just call the cops and have you charged with threatening them... then you'll have to pay them

DriveItSideways
03-24-2008, 06:27 PM
Take the estimate to the manager of the towing service and give him two options, small claims or out of court settlement. Dealing with these ppl is a daily occurance for me and if you play push over your gonna get pushed over.

You can tell them who YOU want to fix the damage, and you can also tell them if its oem, used, aftermarket parts you want it fixed with.

slemmer
03-25-2008, 11:56 PM
These companies must be insured against these common issues, no?

summit425
03-26-2008, 12:51 AM
if it was CAA I think they will pay any damages for you while towing. They are always nice

Mystikal
03-26-2008, 11:19 AM

Just...wow.

I heard 95% of 320 owners are secretaries and housewives. No I don't have any statistics, but I heard.

Jay

e30_kid89
03-26-2008, 11:25 AM
Just...wow.

I heard 95% of 320 owners are secretaries and housewives. No I don't have any statistics, but I heard.

Jay

LMAO!

My friend's mom drives a black 320i, so maybe it true?

I actually drove it once, it was a POS

3SERB
03-26-2008, 11:30 AM
Well went to the owner, he said he'd have to talk to the driver and contact the city than he'd get back to me. Now he can't find the driver that towed the car...sounds fishy. Either way I found that the city will cover the estimated damage if I file a complaint against the company. But I figure that it would take a long time to ever see that money if its coming from the city. Gonna go back to the shop and try to get the money directly from the guy..thanks for the posts guys.

SamE30e
03-26-2008, 11:39 AM
My brothers RX-7 was damaged by the tow truck after it got dropped off at my house from paint. My brother went ape shit, the tow truck driver denied ****ing it up but we clearly saw him do it when he backed it in. Point is tow truck drivers don't admit shit.

e46it
03-26-2008, 12:27 PM
if the city is going to cover the damages then you have only about 10 days to submit your cliam with proof of repair cost etc.. that the way it was for rim damage due to pot holes... they (city) are a b!tch to deal with too.

bimmerjoe
03-27-2008, 12:52 AM

agreed on that one

3SERB
04-01-2008, 01:44 AM
Guys need some help with the situation,
The owner said theres no way hes going to pay for a new bumper on a 14yearold car, and is trying to say that theres no proof that they damaged it. Even though, the tow recipt shows the driver signed off the car as damage free, and once I picked it up the bumper was falling off.
Has anyone gone through small claims? I mean the evidence is very clear that the car was damaged during the tow, so I figure theres a potential case.
Any ideas?

hypno_nls1
04-01-2008, 08:34 AM
Just...wow.

Jay

that hurt:(

Mystikal
04-02-2008, 10:59 AM
that hurt:(

lol, don't worry, it's about as true as Sneaky's ramblings.

Jay

SeRb
04-02-2008, 02:45 PM
Guys need some help with the situation,
The owner said theres no way hes going to pay for a new bumper on a 14yearold car, and is trying to say that theres no proof that they damaged it. Even though, the tow recipt shows the driver signed off the car as damage free, and once I picked it up the bumper was falling off.
Has anyone gone through small claims? I mean the evidence is very clear that the car was damaged during the tow, so I figure theres a potential case.
Any ideas?

maybe ask him to explain how the hell the bumper got ****ed up then if there is no indication of the car being damaged when the driver towed it,

especially when you went to pick up the car

i wouldnt give up keep going overthere and pushing them to pay up, if you just go away dont say anything else you'll be doing them a favour

threaten with legal action or something that will take up a lot of their time if you go through with it

next time you go come back with an estimate, hassle them as much as possible

i'd tell you to go overthere and damage half the shit they have with a bunch of buddies but we're not juveniles and that wont end up getting you anywhere

StikiGreenZ
04-02-2008, 03:13 PM
Just...wow.

Jay

Joke of the year! Free beer for you next time I see you Jay!

:D

Sneaky
04-02-2008, 05:59 PM
Just...wow.

Jay

I just saw this now, thanks sticky Greens for brining it to my attention.

Anyways maybe you're right about 95 percent of 320 owners, but since im not a house wife or secretary..im not bothered. I stand by what I said about toe truck drivers, scum of the earth.

hypno_nls1
04-02-2008, 06:00 PM
LOL thats like 95 percent of e46 Drivers period. Save for the e46 M3.

woa woa lets not get crazy here - 330's are durrrttyyyy

Sneaky
04-02-2008, 06:08 PM
woa woa lets not get crazy here - 330's are durrrttyyyy

330 ZHPs and M3s are Dirty.

e30_kid89
04-02-2008, 06:18 PM
320's are the scum of BMW's 3-series.

Sneaky
04-02-2008, 06:20 PM
320's are the scum of BMW's 3-series.

Keep quiet kid,