PDA

View Full Version : Re-Paint Question

BigDToronto
03-18-2008, 10:03 PM
I'd like to paint my E34 this year. Same colour. I'd really like to end up with a "Showcar" paint job. What should I ask for? Is there various types of paint finishes that would give me a great paint job?

I'd like to work with the paint shop to pull some of the pieces off so they can do a good job of scratching it down and paint in to all of the corners and creases. (ie remove bumper covers and sunroof panel)
Any advice???? and what kinda money do you think I'm looking at?

BigDToronto
03-18-2008, 10:06 PM
Car is in pretty good shape...few boogers on the hood.

AceOfSpades
03-19-2008, 07:56 AM
nice ride man. don't paint everything, like the grills in the bumper. leave that black
i think ur missing the front piece in the trims, near the lisence plate
shadowline and it should look pretty badass!

mpower1226
03-20-2008, 08:46 PM
For the re-spray, you are looking at around $3000 with min. bodywork(few dents, no rust job etc).

BigDToronto
03-21-2008, 09:52 AM
Mpower 1226....If I bring the car around for your opinion, who should I ask for? Are you open this Saturday? (the 22nd)
Thanks Dan
bigdtoronto@hotmail.com

mpower1226
04-19-2008, 11:05 PM
If the paint surface defects are only limited to whats on the clear then it could all be corrected by detailing professionals like Holden.
Even the small rock chips can be fixed with filling up the spot with touchup paints and level the surface using fine grade sandpapers like 2000 to 3000(I used to stack tons of 3000 grit papers for this very reason). Then shine can be brought back using rotary or pc.

Keeping the original paint is always better then having the car repainted(there are some exceptions though).

And if the defects are like rusts, or rock chip gone through the clear and base or dents etc, anything in these nature are considered to be work that we do.

agentM
06-13-2008, 12:04 AM
If you decide to paint your car, paint the whole car because it will look different by section. No matter how close the color is set, in the shade it will see the differences.