PDA

View Full Version : My Odometer quit working

magnaclout
03-16-2008, 10:31 PM
My odometer (non-digital) quit working. What are my options?

And If I decide to sell my car, what must I do ???

hadesm5
03-16-2008, 11:43 PM
what car is it?

slimjim
03-17-2008, 02:32 AM
lol maximmer talk "which car, i might have one for u, pm me with offer"

REV talk "check relay/ fuse this and this, u may have to take it out and play with it, ill walk u through the 500 steps with my complicated lingo."

NateoriouS
03-17-2008, 11:20 AM
^^ i need the same help .. ahah lol

94 e36 325ic

propr'one
03-17-2008, 12:17 PM
slimjim, relax, i haven't seen anyone try to sell anyone anything yet.

is it just your ODO that stopped or is your spedometer also not working

slimjim
03-17-2008, 04:24 PM
slimjim, relax, i haven't seen anyone try to sell anyone anything yet.

is it just your ODO that stopped or is your spedometer also not working

i know noone is trying to sell anything yet... im just saying.. thought someone might get a laugh out of that but obviously not.

hadesm5
03-17-2008, 05:57 PM
well its best to know what model it is so that we can give him the best troubleshooting advice

magnaclout
03-17-2008, 07:41 PM
im more concerned about the legal stuff. let me rephrase the question.

let's say i have no intention of fixing or replacing the odo, can i legally sell the car with a broken odo? the speedo's working fine.

of course i'll let the potential buyer know that the odo is broken. and if asked about the mileage, i'll give him/her a guesstimate of the car's mileage. up to him/her to believe me or not. he/she can walk away from the sale.

so back to my question: is it legal to sell a car with a broken odo?

thanks mang *rockout*

slimjim
03-17-2008, 09:19 PM
well its best to know what model it is so that we can give him the best troubleshooting advice

lol i know i know i was just teasing.

Toxic0n
03-20-2008, 12:58 AM
im more concerned about the legal stuff. let me rephrase the question.

let's say i have no intention of fixing or replacing the odo, can i legally sell the car with a broken odo? the speedo's working fine.

of course i'll let the potential buyer know that the odo is broken. and if asked about the mileage, i'll give him/her a guesstimate of the car's mileage. up to him/her to believe me or not. he/she can walk away from the sale.

so back to my question: is it legal to sell a car with a broken odo?

thanks mang *rockout*

This may not be the best forum to ask this on.
here in BC, the transfer form when you sell/buy the car has a checkbox "this car may not have the true mileage represented" or something like that. You can get in trouble if you lie by not checking that box.