PDA

View Full Version : Rally or Nascar

e30blue
03-15-2008, 01:18 PM
I would just like to know what takes more driving skill...i think the choice is obvious..but my brother disagrees

AceOfSpades
03-15-2008, 01:28 PM
rally takes more driving skills and balls!
nascar takes good skills as well as endurance and GOOD judgement!

and to answer your question, i'd say rally

noid
03-15-2008, 01:48 PM
Can you even make an argument that nascar takes skill? Let alone over rallying

AMG_POWER
03-15-2008, 01:49 PM
rally because they are driving on different terrain so they do need more skill!

Quack
03-15-2008, 01:52 PM
Can you even make an argument that nascar takes skill? Let alone over rallying

I personally hate nascar, but it does take lots of skill, look at all the indy car drivers making the switch over & failing to even qualify.

the only racing I watch is rally racing, because it's just more exciting.

DriveItSideways
03-15-2008, 01:57 PM
rally requires the most skill out of all types of car racing.

e24_635csi
03-15-2008, 02:02 PM
Didnt speed channel have a little competition showing which type of racing is the most challenging. they covered quite a few racing types, and i believe they came on top with Rally taking the most skill to drive. due to conditions, they fly in the air, how many hands, feet, duration.

my vote goes for Rally

matt

M3ti Compact
03-15-2008, 02:20 PM
rally takes more skill- just look at the amount of inputs the driver has to make- and there is no repetition involved. You get one chance to get the corner right...until next year...

e30blue
03-15-2008, 03:57 PM
I'm glad everyone agrees with me...i think he's just in love with nascar and doesn't realize how hard it really is to be a rally car driver...not saying it's easy to drive nascar..but i think no where near as hard as rally

DAM
03-15-2008, 06:54 PM
I have a reliable source that says that most NASCAR drivers are drunk

so rally...

slimjim
03-16-2008, 01:09 AM
is ur brother serious? that like asking are people humans? i bet i could do non stop 100km/h in a circle but i shure as hell cant do 100kmh non stop on a rally track

JNSchnitzer
03-16-2008, 01:35 AM
I would rather argue whether rally drivers have more skill than F1 drivers. And oh ya, rally drivers > Nascar drivers.

Meegis
03-16-2008, 01:43 AM
I would rather argue whether rally drivers have more skill than F1 drivers. And oh ya, rally drivers > Nascar drivers.

I would say thats too hard of a comparison. Apples to oranges really.

They both take extreme skill, but I would still lean toward rally, as F1 you get dry or wet, thats it. Rally, you get, dry, wet, air, grass, dirt, rock etc

Gamite
03-16-2008, 05:32 AM
Think of it this way. A rally car champion driver can get into a Nascar, and probaby do fairly well.

A champion nascar driver can get into a rally car, and, well he'll probably end up dead last.

Same goes for F1 vs Rally.

Personally, I think Rally car drivers are the most skilled drivers in the world.

Gamite
03-16-2008, 05:33 AM
I would say thats too hard of a comparison. Apples to oranges really.

They both take extreme skill, but I would still lean toward rally, as F1 you get dry or wet, thats it. Rally, you get, dry, wet, air, grass, dirt, rock etc

you forgot snow and sand.

///Maluco
03-16-2008, 09:51 AM
Personally, I think Rally car drivers are the most skilled drivers in the world.

+1 *rockout*

ericdalinda
03-16-2008, 02:35 PM
I just want to say a couple of things.

Rally Does Take Extreme Skill because your flying at 100km/h into blind corners and all your trust is your navigator to tell you what to expect.
Plus fighting all of the elements.

Nascar is more of a team effort you need a very good crew plus the over all skill.
A crew can change all 4 tires fill up your gas tank in under 18 seconds i believe if not faster.
Basically its comparing apples and oranges.

but what you have to say to your self is this how many Rally cross drivers Consistantly finish top 10
and how many nascar drivers Consistantly finish top 10

Any body can finish a Rally Course but its just finishing it in a competitive time.

No one can finish a Nascar race because lets face it you will get hit and you will fly into the wall at +100mph

Meegis
03-16-2008, 03:13 PM
you forgot snow and sand.

I wrote etc...

Meegis
03-16-2008, 03:17 PM
Any body can finish a Rally Course but its just finishing it in a competitive time.

No one can finish a Nascar race because lets face it you will get hit and you will fly into the wall at +100mph

Are you crazy? I will give you the track and a fully prepped rally car, and hell I would even give you a navitator and no time limit. I gurantee you DO NOT finish the course.

Maybe some of the on-road courses can be done by "anyone" (I use that term lightly), but I'll put you in the back woods on 3 ft of snow. with trees for walls and cliffs for obstacles.

ericdalinda
03-16-2008, 03:57 PM
Are you crazy? I will give you the track and a fully prepped rally car, and hell I would even give you a navitator and no time limit. I gurantee you DO NOT finish the course.

Maybe some of the on-road courses can be done by "anyone" (I use that term lightly), but I'll put you in the back woods on 3 ft of snow. with trees for walls and cliffs for obstacles.

30 km/h??? take me 5 hours to finish a check point. but hey it can be done

slimjim
03-16-2008, 03:58 PM
just curious....would an e30 (not ix) be a good idea to rally?

Meegis
03-16-2008, 08:03 PM
30 km/h??? take me 5 hours to finish a check point. but hey it can be done

At 30kmh you wouldnt make it through some of the terrain, nor would you have control.

DriveItSideways
03-16-2008, 08:11 PM
just curious....would an e30 (not ix) be a good idea to rally?

e30 m3's are famous for rally's

e24_635csi
03-16-2008, 08:25 PM
why doesnt nascar use rain tires?

ericdalinda
03-16-2008, 08:27 PM
At 30kmh you wouldnt make it through some of the terrain, nor would you have control.

i didnt know WRC you have to jump over cliffs at certain speeds and fly over rivers just to make through a WRC check point.

30 Km/h is speeds your average joe drives in your under ground parking garage

explain to me how you wouldnt have control????

ericdalinda
03-16-2008, 08:30 PM
why doesnt nascar use rain tires?

Nascar doesnt race in the rain, it is way to dangerous. Nascar you have to maintain at least 130Km/h just to make it through a turn 40 degree embankments are the reason why

Manimillion
03-16-2008, 08:44 PM
LoL, this is a very funny question...

I am surprised it is even a question. It is kind of obvious.

Manimillion
03-16-2008, 08:46 PM
Oh by the way, for those who didn't know.

All rally cars are PLATED. They are plated for a very good reason. You have to drive the car from one stage to another, it doesn't get trailered. And you have certain time limits to make it to those checkpoints. If you drive 30km/h through a stage ;

1 ) You will get DNF because they wont wait for you to finish the rally in 6 days.
2 ) You will get DNF because you haven't made it to the next stage in time.