PDA

View Full Version : What is/are the 360 degree check for CPO cars?

BigDToronto
03-13-2008, 11:06 AM
BMW is big on their CPO cars that under go a 360 degree check before being certified. NOTE: this 360 degree (once around the car I presume) not 360 items that are checked. Does anybody have a list on what these items are that are checked. I've tried to get it from a dealer but they go though a big kafuffle not to say what it really is.

Does anyone have a copy of the CPO warranty? This is another game the dealer played...not being specific and open about the coverage until I bought the car.

Thanks Dan

Neb
03-13-2008, 11:11 AM
I think it is a 300 poitns check, I don't think they do it very well. We bought a CPO last summer, was back at the dealer 2 or 3 times in the first month. All 4 doors rattled, window regulators were loose in both doors, and sunroof shade had broken clips. All common probs to the E46. Really not sure what they check in those 300+ points.

The only place you can find out about the CPO warranty is the poster they have at the dealer, listing what's Covered. I have asked a few dealers if they have brochures or a list. I finally was able to get one last week. It is a list of all the parts that are covered under CPO, it's in the form of an internal BMW memo... the SA photocopied for me.

BigDToronto
03-14-2008, 05:44 PM
So I drop in to a dealer and meet a "new sales guy". He is a young guy, been in the industry for 7-8 years, new to BMW dealership. Great guy gave me everything I wanted.

So... I kinda impressed, the warranty for CPO cars seems pretty good and is more than I expected.

Not so impressed with the CPO 360 degree check. Turns out the 360 degree stroll around the car is really only 180 points to be checked (according to "NSG") I got a copy of the check list and could only count 79 items. Though is suppose where it says check wipers they count 2 and not one I'm guessing they could quickly ramp 79 items up to 180 quickly.

dbworld4k
03-14-2008, 05:54 PM
A marketing gimmick, that's what.