PDA

View Full Version : The New Mini Car

SWHEEEET
02-11-2002, 11:47 PM
Has anyone seen or heard about the New Mini car?? From what I have heard is that the car company (Austin Mini) is owned by BMW or has a relationship of some sort... The BMW dealership in Waterloo (B-K Motors) is expanding to make a new car lot for the Mini. Does anyone know what exactly the relationship is between BMW and the new Mini?? I just seen the first commercial on TV and they were advertising the website as:
www.mini.ca
The website is very slow :(

Dluxazn58
02-12-2002, 12:28 AM
uhh.. if I'm not mistaken... BMW makes the engine in the mini right? I know BMW made the engine in the old school mini...

I want one.. someone want to donate a Mini to the buy-dluxazn-a-Mini-fund?

KIRASIR
02-12-2002, 10:22 AM
The new Mini is made by BMW. It's even in the ETK already. The engine as far as I know was a joined development of BMW and Chrysler :eek:

I actually saw one - base, silver at Union station about a week
ago. It's beautiful. :P
SL

AcidSnow
02-12-2002, 11:13 AM
man, I'd hate to be hit by a transport in one of those . . .:eek:

SickFinga
02-12-2002, 11:57 AM
Did u see SMART?
The car made by Swatch and DaimlerBenz(not chrysler)
this car is like 2 time smaller than mini and it's very safe.

SickFinga
02-12-2002, 12:52 PM
http://images1.smart.com/images/models/IVO_Models_Security_CrashFront.gif

Schnell
02-12-2002, 01:07 PM
I saw the Mini in person at the Chicago Auto Show and it is the coolest little car I have ever seen! Especially the Mini Cooper S, 163hp supercharged four with the sport package on seventeens! It is a great looking little car. If anyone has any questions, I have the sales brochure from the show.

AzN_E46
02-12-2002, 07:00 PM
SWHEEEET,
when BMW bought Rover, they also got hold if the Mini brand, which was owned by Rover. they let go of Rover but kept Mini. the new mini's engine is a chrysler 1.6L(??) inline-4 :puke:

i think BMW should've made it rear wheel drive, or even rear engined like the old skool mini used to be *devil*

i want one too........the NOSneedsaMini Foundation is set up*par-t* i'll gladly take anything from $1 to $100,000,000,000,000.

vodomagoo
02-12-2002, 09:49 PM
the orignal mini was front engine front wheel drive as well. there using it as a car to bring in the rolls royce into the us with lower taxes. its an amazing car i saw the s a few times and damn it looks cute and mean at the same time

AzN_E46
02-12-2002, 09:55 PM
o.....i thought it was rear engined:rolleyes: .......

if BMW got Bentley instead of Rolls-Royce....*devil*