PDA

View Full Version : BMW Techs Chime In Please

archrival
03-07-2008, 03:17 PM
Alright so here it is, I'm a second year apprentice at a local Dodge dealership....like who I work with and all in all its not a bad place. This past week I threw out my back on Monday and told my boss....continued to work till Wednesday when I threw it out again (they did not care enough to let me stop working) so I got sent to the doctor and he said I could not work for a week. The cause of all this is that I'm 6'6" and my hoist is about 1.5' too low and about to fall apart as well. They have no intentions of replacing it or the hoist of the guy I work beside which is in about the same working order.

So I am finally getting moved to a taller hoist...which I have been requesting for months and months now but my boss is pissed that I'm out for a week and does not think that the fact that my hoist is too low could actually affect my back.....seriously not liking the place now due to recent events.

So to the point...kinda looking for a new job...curious as to what the pay of apprentices are at BMW dealerships are if anyone might know, as I would be pretty happy to work at one I'm sure.
Thanks

Mystikal
03-07-2008, 04:56 PM
SHUTUP AND GET BACK TO WORK.

No really, good luck.

Jay

bimmerjoe
03-07-2008, 06:56 PM
ill tell you this......... unless you started as a wash bay kid or a car jockey yoou will not get into town and counrty!!! plain and simple gluck with the other dealerships

propr'one
03-07-2008, 07:47 PM
Threaten them with a lawsuit.

Alright so here it is, I'm a second year apprentice at a local Dodge dealership....like who I work with and all in all its not a bad place. This past week I threw out my back on Monday and told my boss....continued to work till Wednesday when I threw it out again (they did not care enough to let me stop working) so I got sent to the doctor and he said I could not work for a week. The cause of all this is that I'm 6'6" and my hoist is about 1.5' too low and about to fall apart as well. They have no Tintentions of replacing it or the hoist of the guy I work beside which is in about the same working order.

So I am finally getting moved to a taller hoist...which I have been requesting for months and months now but my boss is pissed that I'm out for a week and does not think that the fact that my hoist is too low could actually affect my back.....seriously not liking the place now due to recent events.

So to the point...kinda looking for a new job...curious as to what the pay of apprentices are at BMW dealerships are if anyone might know, as I would be pretty happy to work at one I'm sure.
Thanks

archrival
03-07-2008, 08:47 PM
ill tell you this......... unless you started as a wash bay kid or a car jockey yoou will not get into town and counrty!!! plain and simple gluck with the other dealerships

I figured the chances of getting in could be pretty slim...:( damn...might go talk to a few buddies that work at Honda next week and see how they pay.

Propane the thought has already come across my mind because there has been BS in the past already with similar matters and shop safety such as smoking in the shop etc