PDA

View Full Version : Custom Made Shifter Boot

Spoose
03-03-2008, 10:02 PM
So I had some things custom made in England while my friend was there. Turns out his aunt is a seamstress and works with leather. I has a shifter boot, Ebrake handle and armrest made for my E36. Took some pics. Since she has the pattern now, she can make them for me if I want. The fit pretty good for someone who has never done interiors. It is genuine leather and you can pick the stitch. I got all three piece for $100USD. If anyone is interested, let me know. If we get a bunch of orders together the shipping will be a lot cheaper.

Spoose
03-03-2008, 11:08 PM
Just as an FYI, I was quoted $330 from a upholstry shop for these three pieces. That was when my friend told me his aunt in England is a seamstress and she could make them for me.

Oh yeah, she can make these for E46 and E36.

bimmerjoe
03-04-2008, 10:25 PM
thats pretty crazy man

craz azn
03-05-2008, 12:35 AM
gahhh why not e30? I actually liked these ones...

Mikeee46coup
03-05-2008, 12:45 AM
If you could have these done in microsuede w/tri stitch at that price, you could probably quit your day job, demand would be HUGE!!!

Spoose
03-05-2008, 10:02 PM
I know they can do suede/micro suede but not sure about the tri stitch - not sure how they would do tri-stitch, but if the sewing machine can do it, I'll ask. May take a while to get an answer though.

I can also ask if they can do E30 - is the plastic base very different than E36. How I got mine was an elastic base so that it would fit, she was unsure of the exact measurements and how it was supposed to go on, so she just sewed on a elastic base.