PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Gurus .. need your help

Blades
03-03-2008, 10:18 AM
So I picked up a ps3 this weekend and have questions. I found some stuff on the net like putting RGB on full because it makes the games and picture more vibrant through HDMI. Any other stuff like that I should know about?

my real question is what if I downloaded some games off torrent (like those ones off playstation store .. ex. rampart, qbert $5.99) and I put them on my ps3 .. will they ban me off playing games with others or something?

Mickey Knox
03-03-2008, 10:27 AM
i doubt you will be able to play anything copied on the PS3, there used to be a time when "certain shady characters" used boot chips soldered on the back of the circuit board of the PS1 where able to use copied games, but those days are long gone i think.

I am pretty certain you wont get banned for trying though, it will simply not work.

Blades
03-03-2008, 10:49 AM
i doubt you will be able to play anything copied on the PS3, there used to be a time when "certain shady characters" used boot chips soldered on the back of the circuit board of the PS1 where able to use copied games, but those days are long gone i think.

I am pretty certain you wont get banned for trying though, it will simply not work.

but then how is downloading games off the playstation store possible? its off the net and it installs. Im sure there are torrents out there.

mech9T8
03-03-2008, 11:02 AM
I'm pretty sure you would need a chip.
Do some searches and you'll find what you are looking for.