PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Race?......

EMPOWERD
01-23-2003, 01:08 AM
hmmm....

F355 vs. GT2 vs. F360

1BADBMW
01-23-2003, 01:13 AM
holy moly:eek: :eek:
i say GT2...?!!!!!!!! right?!!!!!!

FastM3
01-23-2003, 01:17 AM
i say the F355.....either way i would still do anything to have either one of those cars *love* *mw* *love* *mw*

and where is this pic taken?
and randy, what sites do you go under for these things?

Polish
01-23-2003, 01:23 AM
GT2 would kill them at the start, then smoke he living shit out of the prancing horses *uzi*

FastM3
01-23-2003, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by Sith
GT2 would kill them at the start, then smoke he living shit out of the prancing horses *uzi*

shuuuut up!!!!! *uzi* *uzi*

the prancing horses will pounce on any car!!! :D

crusher
01-23-2003, 01:43 AM
Highway 7!!! LOL jks :D

SickFinga
01-23-2003, 01:52 AM
go porsche go

Carlo
01-23-2003, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by pasta325i
i say the F355.....either way i would still do anything to have either one of those cars *love* *mw* *love* *mw*

and where is this pic taken?
and randy, what sites do you go under for these things?

I'm going to guess there somewhere in california........My father has a few condos down there........It's crazy, Car's like that down there are always lining up!!!

P.S. The Ferari would only win if it had a better weight advantage The GT2 Does in fact have a little more HP. But honestly ( in my opinion) the styling of those feraris, Porcha could never compete with, Those germans need to hire an italian designer bottom line, and stick to what they know best, :D

Lennon
01-23-2003, 02:39 PM
I say whoever took that pic, needs to take their car into the dealership, their check engine light is on.:D

Carlo
01-23-2003, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Lennon
I say whoever took that pic, needs to take their car into the dealership, their check engine light is on.:D

The car the pic was taken from is a Benz. The "!" could just mean he deactivated his traction control (touch of a botton). I know, from experiance that the traction control in those car's make it hard to get a good lunch, ether way I don't think the guy has much of a chance anyway, unless he's in some crazy AMG

Rolled_Out
01-23-2003, 03:26 PM
all bone stock, the 355 would be the slowest one there..

1) GT2 by FAR
2) 360
3) 355

Rolled_Out
01-23-2003, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by crusher
Highway 7!!! LOL jks :D

EXACTLY!

FastM3
01-23-2003, 03:36 PM
the F355 wouldn't be the slowest there, it'll prolly come in second next to the porsche because it has a little less horsepower...the only reason that porsche would win is because i't lighter and like i said it's got more hp then both those cars.....

and carlo your right...if porsche hired an italian designer then the sales would go through the roof, porsche cars look amazing, but with a more sporty and luxury look, it would be AMAZING!

AMG_POWER
01-23-2003, 04:01 PM
and you missed CLK55 who's taking the picture with ESP off lol....i guess he's in the race too !:D

MOTRONIX
01-23-2003, 04:08 PM
i have driven the gt2 and judging by the acceleration...DAMN it, i think the gt2 would kick the shit out of those slow horses..
*wave*

dave

SickFinga
01-23-2003, 04:17 PM
If Porsche would hire Italian designers that would be the stupidest thing they would ever do. Why do we need another chisel car??? I don't like Ferraris design and I would take Porsche classic design over Ferrari's any day.

Rolled_Out
01-23-2003, 05:33 PM
the F355 wouldn't be the slowest there, it'll prolly come in second next to the porsche because it has a little less horsepower...the only reason that porsche would win is because i't lighter and like i said it's got more hp then both those cars.....

stock for stock the 360 is FASTER than the 355, and hte GT2 is faster than both of them.....
what are you talking about?

bart320i
01-23-2003, 05:45 PM

and carlo your right...if porsche hired an italian designer then the sales would go through the roof, porsche cars look amazing, but with a more sporty and luxury look, it would be AMAZING!

you only say that cause you italian. Personally I think that Ferrari's are ugly and overpriced. You can make a civic to eat any of those cars. Ferraris' you can't mod any more. I say porsche all the way

FastM3
01-23-2003, 07:20 PM
First of all, I dont say that because I am italian. I say that because Ferrari's are the fastest cars in the world and they CAN be modded. My dad was a mechanic at Century Lanes in toronto and he knows all about ferreri's and lambo's because he worked on them his whole life (Toronto and in Italy). They have much room for improvment so dont say they don't.
Second, how can you say they are ugly? :P ...but whatever thats your opinion and i respect that...and they aren't overpriced considering they are made by hand practically.
Third, you must be nuts if you would take a civic over a ferrari :rolleyes: ...and with all the money you would need to make the civic go faster then a ferrari you can buy the formula 1 ferrari for yourself :D

Rolled_Out.....

Ferrari 360 Modena - 400hp
Ferrari F355 - 375hp

your right, i apologize, but i actually thought i was saying 360 was faster, because when i wrote this i was thinking to myself "see i was right!", but then realized i wrote 355 instead of 360 before...

Polish
01-23-2003, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by bart320i
You can make a civic to eat any of those cars. Ferraris' you can't mod any more. I say porsche all the way

dude, what are you thinking to mod a civic so it can beat a 360, like first of all, you dont do gay things like that, civics are civics, if anything its a family car nothing more, not a car that can be made to dust a ferrari, which is impossbile...second you can mod ferrari's more than they are, although it costs you a as much as a second new ferrari does it can be done, just like the guy touched up the McLaren F1 car, anything is possbile, just dont make civics that do 1/4 in 5.996 seconds with half a tonne of nos or something gay.
third porsche's are amazing, and i dont think hiring a italian designer would improve the sales of porsche cause they dont need it, people who buy a porsche want a german touch not some italian, but than again your italian so you would want everything to look italian, its normal :D (hahah, rough) *uzi*
how can a GT2 look more sportier than it already is? like the car looks amazing, handles amazing, and rips almost anything out there thats under 250,000...every car has its trademark style, porshce has its lights, bmw has its grill, you cant copy other cars so they all look like ferrari's

***note, im not saying this to offend anyone, its just the way i feel, dont want to get warned by the admins and mods for my comments again****wiggle*

SickFinga
01-23-2003, 07:50 PM
First of all, I dont say that because I am italian. I say that because Ferrari's are the fastest cars in the world

Ferraris are not the fastest

and btw, e28 m5 was hand built too, doesn;t make it any better.
and I heard only bad stuff about Ferrari;s reability

Carlo
01-23-2003, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by bart320i
you only say that cause you italian. Personally I think that Ferrari's are ugly and overpriced. You can make a civic to eat any of those cars. Ferraris' you can't mod any more. I say porsche all the way

your opinion is is your opinion, but come on!!!! a civic vs ferrari!!! someone smack this guy!!! Sure you can mod a civic to run faster then a Ferrari for maybe half the price.........but then again you could just spend 15- 16 G's on a bike that'll kill any Ferrari or porsche. There are prose and con's to both options. Has your hitler hod rod (Porsche) ever received any award's for it's styling??? :confused:

SickFinga
01-23-2003, 09:03 PM
You can have 1sec civic and a stock Ferrari, I would take Ferrari
You see at the end of the day it is still an econobeater civic.

Ferrari's are modable *wave*

http://www.nexttestdrive.net/internalimages/videofiles/Ferrari_F50_Turbo.mpg

Carlo
01-23-2003, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by SickFinga
You can have 1sec civic and a stock Ferrari, I would take Ferrari
You see at the end of the day it is still an econobeater civic.

Sweet SickFinga!!!!!! Great video*th-up* *th-up* *th-up* *mw*

Polish
01-23-2003, 09:19 PM
exactly what i said sick*th-up* , like who gets more looks a ferrari or a 1sec civic? obviously a ferrari, i still cant over you said that man, like no matter how fast the civic, the ferrari is more high quality and everything, im still shocked *no-no*

Carlo
01-23-2003, 09:23 PM
exactly what i said sick*th-up* , like who gets more looks a ferrari or a 1sec civic? obviously a ferrari, i still cant over you said that man, like no matter how fast the civic, the ferrari is more high quality and everything, im still shocked *no-no*

or even looks in a porsche Vs Ferrari more/most people would be drolling over the Ferrari. :madnoel:

Polish
01-23-2003, 10:17 PM
also this race would be quite good :)

EMPOWERD
01-23-2003, 10:20 PM

I read all about that turbo F50... what a waste of time and money. That car happened to be SLOWER in every way compared to the stock F50... that car was designed to be NA, and that's that. Really, the only street Ferrari's that are tunable (more than a set of Hamann PG3's) is the (stock twin turbo'd) F40.

Originally posted by Carlo
or even looks in a porsche Vs Ferrari more/most people would be drolling over the Ferrari. :madnoel:

That exactly what Italians are always most concerned about... Looks and image. That's okay, they can appreciate the repair bills and admire the car from under the hoist (where it spends all it's time). LOL.

Polish
01-23-2003, 10:27 PM
speaking of which, randy, could you send me pictures of your GT2 or promise to bring it out on day in the summer? i love the 996 GT2 fav car by far, and you got the older model, just rip it out one day in the summer for me *wave*

Gamite
01-23-2003, 10:36 PM

in a straight line, I think that Hennessy 800 Viper would win..

in the image that randy posted, the GT2 would win imo.

SickFinga
01-23-2003, 10:41 PM

Yeah I agree with you, if you want turn heads get a Ferrari. I'd rather have a low profile and have a sleeper.

SickFinga
01-23-2003, 10:42 PM

BTW I saw that test on Video, I think it was on Mischief 3000 DVD
Porsche took second place after Corvette.

Too bad that porsche is totalled.

Carlo
01-23-2003, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by empowerd
I read all about that turbo F50... what a waste of time and money. That car happened to be SLOWER in every way compared to the stock F50... that car was designed to be NA, and that's that. Really, the only street Ferrari's that are tunable (more than a set of Hamann PG3's) is the (stock twin turbo'd) F40.

That exactly what Italians are always most concerned about... Looks and image. That's okay, they can appreciate the repair bills and admire the car from under the hoist (where it spends all it's time). LOL.

No, No, NO, read the previous post's..........I never said styling too be more important then preformance *no-no* *no-no* *no-no* :rolleyes:

Polish
01-24-2003, 12:40 AM
BTW I saw that test on Video, I think it was on Mischief 3000 DVD
Porsche took second place after Corvette.

Too bad that porsche is totalled.

WHAT!~

that porsche is totalled, how?!?!??

SickFinga
01-24-2003, 12:53 AM
WHAT!~

that porsche is totalled, how?!?!??

accident

moerom
01-24-2003, 02:47 AM
The GT2 wins hands down. It is in a different class than the 360 or the 355.

The GT2's acceleration compares with the Lambo Murc's and the F50'S.

Gimme the choice though and I'll take a nice Fly Yellow 360 Modena w/ F1 and Fiorano package :) Speed isn't everything!

bart320i
01-24-2003, 01:49 PM
First of all I never said I would take a civic or a ferrari. But imagine the embarrasment of a ferrari enthusiast when he gets his ass handed to him by a civic. Second I don't think many people will ever own a ferrari but a 600hp civic can be had for about $60,000 if you spend you money correctly.

FastM3
01-24-2003, 03:03 PM
how can you guys say ferrari's are unreliable and are always at the shop getting fixed...

my dad's friend has a 86 328gts and it still hasn't had any major problems to it...my dad, like i said before worked at century lanes, and he always used to tell me that all the ferrari's and lambo's would come in for oiil changes and basic shit like that....he never had any problems with them

bart320i
01-24-2003, 03:16 PM
Yeah I agree with you, if you want turn heads get a Ferrari. I'd rather have a low profile and have a sleeper.

Porche GT2 is'nt excatly a sleeper. Same goes for any other porche. Hand's down I think that porche styling is WAY better than Ferrari

Rolled_Out
01-24-2003, 03:33 PM
porsche styling better than ferrari?
there cars have looked basically the same for the last god knows how many years...
time for a change!!!!!!

Ferraris DO have problems, just like any other car on the road...
moerom's dad had a few problems w/ his 360 modena, and my buddies dad had some problems w/ his 360 spider, the alternator melted and ferrari took back the car w/ 25,000km on it, and replaced it w/ a brand new 360 spider which he gets in a few months....
that was a major problem that could have been much worse if the entire engine bay caught fire... so i guess its ferraris way of saying sorry....
at least they care....!

Carlo
01-24-2003, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Rolled_Out
porsche styling better than ferrari?
there cars have looked basically the same for the last god knows how many years...
time for a change!!!!!!

moerom's dad had a few problems w/ his 360 modena, and my buddies dad had some problems w/ his 360 spider, the alternator melted and ferrari took back the car w/ 25,000km on it, and replaced it w/ a brand new 360 spider which he gets in a few months....
that was a major problem that could have been much worse if the entire engine bay caught fire... so i guess its ferraris way of saying sorry....
at least they care....!

Just to add to that.....My Dad had a Ferrari in 96 for about 5 years, and never had any problems with the thing, even after I was finished driving it :D (only 16 without any brains or a licences)
On the other had me and my bro both have owned Porsche's before ( me...a 98 Boxter, my bro....a 1990 944 s2 and a 944 turbo) I didn't have to many problems with my Boxter, but did have some.....My brother on the other hand did, Like the Clutch $1500 for just the parts!!!, Clutch master cylinder, Timing chain and all the fun stuff that goes with that, water pump had plastic internals!?!?! Shift linkage, and a couple other shit..... all over the span of a summer!!! But really...........who buy's these car's ( (Porsche or Ferrari ) and expects them to be as reliable as the average car?

P.S. Does anyone know what year Randy's Porsche is? Randy?

Polish
01-24-2003, 04:50 PM
last time i check, 1996? might be wrong but pretty sure its a 96

Carlo
01-24-2003, 05:19 PM
last time i check, 1996? might be wrong but pretty sure its a 96

1996...... wouldn't that make it a 993? :confused:

FastM3
01-25-2003, 04:50 AM
Originally posted by Rolled_Out

so i guess its ferraris way of saying sorry....
at least they care....!

Yes your absolutly right they do have problems, ever model has a lemon once and a while...

and thats why ferrari is one of the best companies in the world, 1 because they make the most outstanding cars, IMO, and they care about customers

EMPOWERD
01-25-2003, 12:09 PM
1996...... wouldn't that make it a 993? :confused:

Yup, my GT2 is an original 993 made in 1996 (chassis number 460011).

My dad's car is a 1999 Carrera 2 996.... he's thinking about upgrading to a 2002 C4S.

Jon@Bimmersport
01-25-2003, 12:24 PM
Yup, my GT2 is an original 993 made in 1996 (chassis number 460011).

My dad's car is a 1999 Carrera 2 996.... he's thinking about upgrading to a 2002 C4S.

why? why doesnt he just keep his RWD porsche? oh well..guess he wants a newer porsche..

i say the GT2 is the best out of all those cars, then the ferrari 360, then the CLK, then the F355...355 are ugly as shit, i saw a yellow one...and he revved his engine at my cousins bone stock (engine wise) civic..what a loser.

out of that competition..maybe the maclaren would win...unless it is a home made one or sometthing (which it looks like..a bit). that porsche did get totalled in an accident after european car did their photoshoot...some guy in a truck came around a corner too fast and didnt brake in time...the car is 750hp! and AWD...it will take most of those cars off the line...but after that the viper will kill it...

openwheel
01-25-2003, 07:02 PM
Sorry, on an aside, the car taking the picture at the beginning is an AMG C36. And the light on the dash is the ASR being deactivated.

IMO the GT2 would smoke all. I like the look of the Ferrari's but their are out of there league with that line up. Both the F355 and the 550's are great cars, but really- A purpose built race car versus two production street version.

Would be fun to see though.

EMPOWERD
01-26-2003, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by E46_lover
why? why doesnt he just keep his RWD porsche? oh well..guess he wants a newer porsche..

I think he can't stand the fact that his new toy is stored just after he bought it. I think he wants to sell the winter car (E36 325is) and trade in the Carrera 2 for a newer (all weather) C4S for all year round.

Originally posted by E46_lover

out of that competition..maybe the maclaren would win...unless it is a home made one or sometthing (which it looks like..a bit).

Grasshopper, what "maclaren" are you talking about? I see (in pic order w/overall result out of 15 cars)

1) Autothority Stage V Porsche 996 Twin Turbo (2nd place)
2) Mosler MT900S Photon (5th place)
3) Hennessey Venom 800 Twin Turbo (4th place)
4) Mallett 435 C5 Vette (9th place)
5) RENNtech SL55K (8th place)

http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=94003

clicky here for more info.... (http://www.caranddriver.com/xp/Caranddriver/comparisontests/2002/september/supercars/0209_sc_challenge_opener.xml)

Gamite
01-26-2003, 12:18 AM
I think he can't stand the fact that his new toy is stored just after he bought it. I think he wants to sell the winter car (E36 325is) and trade in the Carrera 2 for a newer (all weather) C4S for all year round.

Grasshopper, what "maclaren" are you talking about? I see (in pic order w/overall result out of 15 cars)

1) Autothority Stage V Porsche 996 Twin Turbo (2nd place)
2) Mosler MT900S Photon (5th place)
3) Hennessey Venom 800 Twin Turbo (4th place)
4) Mallett 435 C5 Vette (9th place)
5) RENNtech SL55K (8th place)

http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=94003

clicky here for more info.... (http://www.caranddriver.com/xp/Caranddriver/comparisontests/2002/september/supercars/0209_sc_challenge_opener.xml)

And this truck smoked them in the straight line, 10.6s 1/4 mile!!!! But I think it broke down and didnt finish the rest of the road course..

http://www.caranddriver.com/image_cache/DATA/Caranddriver/images/2002/september/02supercars_lead_15th.jpg

Jon@Bimmersport
01-27-2003, 08:11 PM
ohhh i thought the yellow one was a maclaren...haha..

Shotta
02-04-2003, 11:18 PM
well that day was a good day, me and MY ferrari layed the smack down on that porsche:D

Kurt Schneller
02-24-2003, 08:57 PM
I have a 318, can I play?

bmwm5lover
02-24-2003, 10:02 PM
If Porsche would hire Italian designers that would be the stupidest thing they would ever do. Why do we need another chisel car??? I don't like Ferraris design and I would take Porsche classic design over Ferrari's any day.
I agree...I dislike ferarri, i have no sensation for them..... They are great cars, but they just dont tickle me right... id take a nice dinan M5, or even stock M5:D:D over most ferarris(if price, rarity, etc werent a factor).......Plz dont flame..

///Milk
02-24-2003, 10:50 PM
I'm going to guess there somewhere in california........My father has a few condos down there........It's crazy, Car's like that down there are always lining up!!!
Ya its somewhere in Southern Cali on the shore

That Ferrari F50 video was modded by Koening i think....i DLed the video on KazAa
BTW where did u get the pic?