PDA

View Full Version : It never ends..so what have u broken this winter?

bmdbley'sBro
02-29-2008, 07:03 PM
-

what have you broken this winter if your driving your bimmer?
or scratch that 'anycar'.

me latest issue(s), happened last night:

http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101904

*par-t*

ecuconnection
02-29-2008, 07:34 PM
oh man that suck's !! it never ends with you eh gzzz bad luck and many dollars... maybe your thermostat is toast?? hopefully its nothing major... good luck!

Jamil20
03-01-2008, 10:42 AM
Only thing that broke this winter and isn't fixed is my secondary air pump.

But I do get sick of those really cold days. They drain my battery flat. I went out yesterday and my power locks were not even working. It was totally drained. I've already changed out the battery, so I'm thinking maybe the alt.

Trekz
03-02-2008, 12:54 AM
coming home from work i was tired, it was dark, i drove up on the curb and dented the shit out of my passenger side rocker.

everlast
03-02-2008, 03:30 PM
Jamil, you changed the battery but did you check the voltage or draw? The new battery might be dieing from a current draw without it being your alternator.

Get a multimeter and check the draw at the battery. If you're over 150ma there is something wrong / on.

Careful not to spike the multimeter by opening a door / turning on the key etc and blowing the fuse in it, cause that sux. :p

everlast
03-02-2008, 03:31 PM
Oh, and other than my heat problems that are mostly solved and the continual MPG issues, my car has been problem free and reliable. Yay 5er!

oldskool3
03-02-2008, 11:27 PM
on the golf I broke my window when I tried to crank it down when it was completely frozen. and my throttle always gets stuck when the weather warms up a bit. Plus every bushing/ suspension component on the car is shot.

chromius
03-03-2008, 09:17 AM
Damn Adam, sorry to hear about your problems. That's a lot of crap to happen all at once.

This winter, The only problems I've had were my Driveshaft earlier this winter, and I've got a slow coolant leak from my valley pan gasket. Nothing too major luckily (Knock on wood)

VSanj
03-03-2008, 09:22 AM
one foglight gone.............splitters ripped off...lol

oldskool3
03-03-2008, 04:14 PM
what happened to your DS Adam?

Other Adam did you find out what the issue was?

chromius
03-03-2008, 04:37 PM

Binding U-Joint, which caused the Center support bearing to fail and shredded it. Made for a nice couple of weeks of massaging seats until I could replace the driveshaft.:D

bmdbley'sBro
03-04-2008, 04:53 PM
-

Oh so to top it all off My PC Blew up/died like the very next day!
was a amd semperon 1800+ (2ghz), 2gig ram, dvd burner, etc

well it would still boot but said: windows\system32\config\system ..was corrupt or missing ..
tried various things.. was even gona dos boot & copy over the 3.5mb+ 'system' file, but failed.
hmm wonder if its even the actual hard drive?

it had also been sporadicly shutting right off for a few months prior.
pwr supply rear fan needed a push start & shit, t'was on its way out.
glad i had recently backed up all my pics & stuff.

so i bought a used p4 2.6ghz for $150!

Other Adam did you find out what the issue was?

not yet ..but i pop'd the rad cap still some coolant in there.
seemed oil free..but it can go either way w/a H/G
no coolant explosions in the engine bay :confused:

Jamil20
03-04-2008, 05:12 PM
Jamil, you changed the battery but did you check the voltage or draw? The new battery might be dieing from a current draw without it being your alternator.

Get a multimeter and check the draw at the battery. If you're over 150ma there is something wrong / on.

Careful not to spike the multimeter by opening a door / turning on the key etc and blowing the fuse in it, cause that sux. :p

Okay. I tried to check the draw, but I must be doing something wrong.

Checked the voltage of the battery when I got home today. It's reading 12.3V, so alternator is probably fine. It's charging the battery right up. I can't imagine it's the battery, since this is a new battery and the last one did the same thing. So I tried checking for parasitic draw.

I unplugged the + line from the battery, and touched the red probe to the + terminal and touched the negative probe to the + line. Made sure it's reading in amps and I got a big fat 0. Tried milliamps, still nothing. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. :confused:

E30 Girl
03-04-2008, 05:21 PM
Broke a hanger on my muffler and bent all my heat shields getting stuck on the snow cause the car is way to low. Ended up having to get pulled out by a tow truck...lol

Acuraknight
03-04-2008, 08:01 PM
My driver side window would not go down that one inch when I open the door anymore. One day it went crazy going up and down cause of the freezing rain. The door would not close and stay open. I put some de-icer fuild and now the door is able to be shut.:mad:
After I left the car overnight, the battery died cause something is drawing off the battery. After charging the battery I notice that the light on the sunroof button is still on?????*sad* Tried opening and closing the driver door, it would not turn off. The dome light would turn on and off, but the sunroof switch light is still on until my wife came into the car and closed her passenger door. :idea:
Now when I get out the car, I have to open the passenger side door to disengage that sunroof light button. I went to Otto's BMW and bought a new striker, but it seem to be not the problem.*thmbsdwn* As soon as the snow goes away I have to check inside the door panel to get rid of this problem!:rolleyes: Can't stand this weather!!!!!!*uzi*

everlast
03-06-2008, 12:56 AM
Acuraknight, welcome to max.. first post!

Jamil20, not sure what you're doing wrong either, other than perhaps you blew the fuse on the ammeter.. The best way to do this.. is hard to describe. I'll try:

You disconnect the battery (either + or -) and get your meter ready. Now, touch the terminal and post together so they are making contact but you can easily move the terminal. Now, clumsily touch the meter to the terminal and post. Then, move the terminal and post apart, leaving the meter touching the terminal and post.

You see, when you first connect the battery after it being disconnected, the V may spike as the computer, etc, power up. This way, your computer powers up, and everything 'settles', then when you pull the cable away from the battery, leaving the meter connected, no spike goes through the meter.

Frack I hate trying to type this procedure out.. it is really easy to do, just hard to describe.

ecuconnection
03-06-2008, 02:08 AM
-

Oh so to top it all off My PC Blew up/died like the very next day!
was a amd semperon 1800+ (2ghz), 2gig ram, dvd burner, etc

well it would still boot but said: windows\system32\config\system ..was corrupt or missing ..
tried various things.. was even gona dos boot & copy over the 3.5mb+ 'system' file, but failed.
hmm wonder if its even the actual hard drive?

it had also been sporadicly shutting right off for a few months prior.
pwr supply rear fan needed a push start & shit, t'was on its way out.
glad i had recently backed up all my pics & stuff.

so i bought a used p4 2.6ghz for $150!

:

Nice im still rocking a P4 love it! ... the bios shuts the system off when the processor get's too hot ... the joys of dust and fan failure... reformat the hd and install vista or xp with updates and you will love it !

Jamil20
03-06-2008, 02:30 PM
Acuraknight, welcome to max.. first post!

Jamil20, not sure what you're doing wrong either, other than perhaps you blew the fuse on the ammeter.. The best way to do this.. is hard to describe. I'll try:

You disconnect the battery (either + or -) and get your meter ready. Now, touch the terminal and post together so they are making contact but you can easily move the terminal. Now, clumsily touch the meter to the terminal and post. Then, move the terminal and post apart, leaving the meter touching the terminal and post.

You see, when you first connect the battery after it being disconnected, the V may spike as the computer, etc, power up. This way, your computer powers up, and everything 'settles', then when you pull the cable away from the battery, leaving the meter connected, no spike goes through the meter.

Frack I hate trying to type this procedure out.. it is really easy to do, just hard to describe.

I didn't do it exactly like this. I disconnected the post, then put my multimeter in series. I expected the trunk light to come on at least. My multimeter is fused, so I didn't blow it. I have the option to unfuse it though. *wiggle*

I can try it the way you described.

Also to note, the car was not on. It was completely off, which means the PC is off too.

chromius
03-06-2008, 02:36 PM
^^^ When Jay said Computer, I think he means the Engine computer (ie. DME/ECU) Which is powered even when the car is off.

ecuconnection
03-06-2008, 05:47 PM
lol!

everlast
03-06-2008, 11:01 PM
Yep, I did. When you put the multimeter in series with the cable and your trunk lite DIDN'T light up, then either your fuse is blown or you didn't make contact. With lights off, etc, you should see at least 40mA of draw, more likely around 80mA.

BTW, $windows$\system32\config\system is the binary record of HKLM/System hive of the registry, which is very easy to corrupt in situations where windows wasn't powered down. Your overheating caused the power downs, which caused the registry corruption.

I actually back those files up every so often. You can just drop in the replacement and your machine will boot.

I assume you had tried "Last Known Good Configuration"? That loads the backup file windows always keeps.

SpoolinS6
03-07-2008, 12:38 AM
cracked rear bumper , broken bumper gril , all the heat shields make noise , rust is starting to show summer had nothing threw winter i now see rust
this spring i have work to do on it well since i am a body man its not too bad but still its work/money

Nascar318is
03-07-2008, 11:11 AM
My winter problems.. Broke the auger spring on the snowblower and lost 2 bolts.

As for the car the only problem that I have is I can't clean it. I'm at 6,000KM and I have 30% oil life remaining..

Adam I saw your rice twin today.. same 318 colour stickers and a fart can.

carjoe
03-07-2008, 01:15 PM
My biggest problem, I ran out of gas in the snowblower Wednesday. I'm loving this...

Tony, how's the shelter holding up?

Nascar318is
03-07-2008, 01:30 PM
My biggest problem, I ran out of gas in the snowblower Wednesday. I'm loving this...

Tony, how's the shelter holding up?

Yeah I ran out of gas about 7 times this winter, I went and got 20$ worth of gas on Weds... didn't even fill a 5 gallon:( Depressing

Well I've cleaned the roof about 6 times this year.. in the past 5 years I've owned it, I think I took the snow off a total of 2 times. I'm surprised that it's lasting this long. When I stand beside it on the snow bank I'm about 2-3 feet higher then the roof.. kinda cool and easy to clean off :) I might have posted some more pics on FB..

everlast
03-07-2008, 02:47 PM
My snowblower started to run like hell.. i was really worried. I love that thing. Its a 70's death machine (single stage) that would chew up a small child. I've got a kickass PureEvil sticker on it. :D

Anyway, turns out the shield around the throttle shook the carb loose. I'm surprised it ran at all.. i could put my finger between the carb and the motor, lol. Tightened up and away it goes! YAY!

bmdbley'sBro
03-08-2008, 03:19 PM
Nice im still rocking a P4 love it! ... the bios shuts the system off when the processor get's too hot ... the joys of dust and fan failure... reformat the hd and install vista or xp with updates and you will love it !
well maybe not so much with Vista, eh :D

I've heard (and seen abit 1st hand) that its the new windows millenium *thmbsdwn*

Adam I saw your rice twin today.. same 318 colour stickers and a fart can.
:D lol ..... but also ewww :puke:

ecuconnection
03-08-2008, 04:29 PM
[QUOTE=bmdbley'sBro;1120827]well maybe not so much with Vista, eh :D

I've heard (and seen abit 1st hand) that its the new windows millenium *thmbsdwn*
QUOTE]

Depends what programs and hardware you are running, cause some older stuff wont work with vista. however If you know what your doing you can actually use xp drivers in vista, but its not recommended. I didn't like vista at first and swapped back to XP quickly, but I'm using Vista now and I love it ... Computer runs alot quicker, and all my hardware has updated drivers for vista . I think Microsoft has a service pack 1 for vista or you can just use the Microsoft update link and its prity easy to install all the updates... with all this said I have tweaked the following to keep the computer fast by tweaking startup programs, startup services, and video card over clocking... good luck!

OH ya I also soak my heat sink with the fan attached with hot water every 6 months to remove the dust.. again not recommended but im crazy like that and don't have a air compressor

everlast
03-08-2008, 06:05 PM
Bear, the only way Vista is quicker on the same hardware than XP is if you're on CRACK.

:D

carjoe
03-08-2008, 11:28 PM
Haven't played with Vista much yet. From what I've seen, I hate it.

I did make the switch to Ubuntu last week. Aside from RDP security issues, I'm liking it so far.

On topic, this snow is sick. I pulled a Tony and took pics today...

Nascar318is
03-09-2008, 12:07 AM
On topic, this snow is sick. I pulled a Tony and took pics today...

Mother F%$^ker What the hell is this bs!!! I got stuck 3 times with my car.. and to top it off. The two bolts that hold the auger line on the snow blower are gone.. so have to find bolts to fix that ASAP! I did the yard at 1:30 this afternoon.. you should see it now..2-3 feet of snow.. yeah fun, Had to shovel a path for my car just to make it into the driveway...

Joey where's the pics? On FB?

Arash
03-09-2008, 12:19 AM
^^^ +1 damn snoww!! stuk at home cuz of snow + out of booz = most boring saturday of my life!! :mad::mad::mad:

ecuconnection
03-09-2008, 01:08 AM
Bear, the only way Vista is quicker on the same hardware than XP is if you're on CRACK.

:D lol! I disable all the honky donky display shit and it runs quick and I find it more reliable in certain situations but thats just me... THE SNOW is crazy!!! Welcome to canada!! I love the my snowmobile at this point ! good luck and safe driving everyone !!*rockout*

bmdbley'sBro
03-09-2008, 03:55 AM
Depends what programs and hardware you are running, cause some older stuff wont work with vista. however If you know what your doing you can actually use xp drivers in vista, but its not recommended. I didn't like vista at first and swapped back to XP quickly, but I'm using Vista now and I love it ... Computer runs alot quicker, and all my hardware has updated drivers for vista . I think Microsoft has a service pack 1 for vista or you can just use the Microsoft update link and its prity easy to install all the updates... with all this said I have tweaked the following to keep the computer fast by tweaking startup programs, startup services, and video card over clocking... good luck!
ha, yeah when i went from 98se to xp i was all like wtf is this ram eating pig!?
then i read vipertweaks shut a whole bunch of ram eating stuff off e
specially all those open access points (remote assist etc)
xp is on the old nt kernal its pretty solid.
in the end 1.5gigz of ddr fixed most of my complaints :D

but no man i was playing with some1's $900+ hp whatever with 22" Lcd..
fricken win errors pop'n up everywhere!!??
just glanced at some article off of fark saying micro knew vista had a boat load of issues but released it anyways..

OH ya I also soak my heat sink with the fan attached with hot water every 6 months to remove the dust.. again not recommended but im crazy like that and don't have a air compressor
dude thats crazy the fan still works after!?
i like to take them right apart (get that little c clip off the back), and go with isopropyl for cleaning
I've had seized fans come back once you get all the goo off the magnet inside.

I had a old old golden orb (or whatever) Biggass fan, it broke blade came off.
I kept the motor it was on the amd with a 80mm case fan blade i got onto it. :D

ecuconnection
03-09-2008, 05:23 AM
ha, yeah when i went from 98se to xp i was all like wtf is this ram eating pig!?
then i read vipertweaks shut a whole bunch of ram eating stuff off e
specially all those open access points (remote assist etc)
xp is on the old nt kernal its pretty solid.
in the end 1.5gigz of ddr fixed most of my complaints :D

but no man i was playing with some1's $900+ hp whatever with 22" Lcd..
fricken win errors pop'n up everywhere!!??
just glanced at some article off of fark saying micro knew vista had a boat load of issues but released it anyways..

dude thats crazy the fan still works after!?
i like to take them right apart (get that little c clip off the back), and go with isopropyl for cleaning
I've had seized fans come back once you get all the goo off the magnet inside.

I had a old old golden orb (or whatever) Biggass fan, it broke blade came off.
I kept the motor it was on the amd with a 80mm case fan blade i got onto it. :D

lol windows 98 was my hacking days...wouldn't know where to start today *wiggle* fake files and Trojans:)

no problems with vista yet ... I'm running 3gigs of ram on my intel915gav board with pci express 16x 512 vid card.. so my computer runs everything parity well

I run 5 case fans and one of them is a 120mm and it rocks but I notice I have to clean allot more now with that fan running ... oh well... water cooled is the next thing I guess

Oh ya for all the people that have to read my posts I apologize for the worst spelling,grammar, punctuation on this planet ... my education level is extremely low, probalbly had something to do with the hanging bed and tie-dye walls when I was about 16

carjoe
03-09-2008, 05:59 PM
Oh wow. I can't even get out of the back door anymore. The snow is about 3 feet high at the back.

So uh, anyone get stuck in the snow? I haven't driven since yesterday morning...

Nascar318is
03-09-2008, 06:17 PM
I got stuck 3 times yesterday.. Today from 11:30 to about 5 I was snowblowing both yards... I have to do the deck in the back. about 3-4 feet of snow.. yuck..

Took some pics, will post later lol..

Oh The pool in the backyard is completly gone...

It's going to start to get ugly, melting wise.. in the pluses all week

bmdbley'sBro
03-09-2008, 06:40 PM
no problems with vista yet ... I'm running 3gigs of ram on my intel915gav board with pci express 16x 512 vid card.. so my computer runs everything parity well

I run 5 case fans and one of them is a 120mm and it rocks but I notice I have to clean allot more now with that fan running ... oh well... water cooled is the next thing I guess

niice... water cooled would be sweet! and i canz reedz ur wrightn's

--
so yeah guys that was some Epic dump'age of the white stuff!

everlast
03-09-2008, 09:29 PM
Now THAT'S a SNOWBANK!

And she's not even standing on the highest part, which is where the tree is!!

*rockout**par-t**rockout**par-t*

Spennie
03-09-2008, 10:15 PM
I got stuck 3 times yesterday.. Today from 11:30 to about 5 I was snowblowing both yards... I have to do the deck in the back. about 3-4 feet of snow.. yuck..

Took some pics, will post later lol..

Oh The pool in the backyard is completly gone...

It's going to start to get ugly, melting wise.. in the pluses all week

I haven't been stuck once this year. The breakdown lastnight was the extent of my troubles. I drove home thismorning down Fairlane and Eleanor Dr. and they weren't plowed at all, speaks to the quality of ACS body kits. I've been plowing snow with my all winter LOL... Snow tires and an LSD help a lot, of course. The most important thing when it comes to winter driving is keeping your momentum going hehe, and if you start so slow down keep your tires straight and stay in the ruts!!

Anyways haha, I want to see some more huge snowbank pictures.

chromius
03-09-2008, 10:26 PM
Now THAT'S a SNOWBANK!

Damn Jay! How do you even get the snow up there!?

ecuconnection
03-09-2008, 11:27 PM
Now THAT'S a SNOWBANK!

That's Hot!!

bmdbley'sBro
03-10-2008, 02:24 AM

seriously? lol

carjoe
03-10-2008, 07:24 AM
The snow is nuts. Friggin snowblower had a hard time getting over the snowbanks.

everlast
03-10-2008, 09:35 AM

With my 1970-something, tremclad blue, single stage child killer, "Big Boy Blue". Its hard to see, but that's a PureEvil sticker on it. That part really helps get the snow up there.

The ToughDuck hat really helps to. Please refrain from any comments on it. ;)

Jamil20
03-10-2008, 10:21 AM
I'm so exhausted. I'm more tired coming out of this weekend than going into it.

I got stuck 3 times yesterday and needed an army of people to help get me out.

Plus my right side hurts from all the shoveling.

Plus losing an hour of sleep sucks.

*mumble*

chromius
03-10-2008, 10:25 AM
It's times like this I thank god I live in an apartment building with underground parking:)

All I did was watch people get stuck from my balcony.*wiggle*

Jamil20
03-10-2008, 10:48 AM
It's times like this I thank god I live in an apartment building with underground parking:)

All I did was watch people get stuck from my balcony.*wiggle*

I had to go out for a birthday party....in Barrhaven...

The roads there were not plowed at all. I got stuck on one of the residential streets, and a caterpillar came by shortly after and got stuck too. :D

ecuconnection
03-10-2008, 11:35 AM
With my 1970-something, tremclad blue, single stage child killer, "Big Boy Blue". Its hard to see, but that's a PureEvil sticker on it. That part really helps get the snow up there.

The ToughDuck hat really helps to. Please refrain from any comments on it. ;)

Stellar Hat !! wish I had one when I was walking from Bellcorners to Kanata on Sat night ... I only made it cause I was drunk :)

that snowblower is the reason you live in canada :)

bmdbley'sBro
03-24-2008, 11:43 AM
-

so its now at a garage.

I checked my coolant levels again & odly it somehow went back to Full

still would not produce heat. guy is going to do a leak down test,
but i saw some jelly on my p.c.v K&N & on the undersides of my oil cap
he thinks it could be some type of air lock in the coolant sys...
but H.G is more then likely the reason.

:puke:

ecuconnection
03-24-2008, 12:49 PM
let's hope not a H.G ... I would like to see that thing in action this summer more then once :) ... good luck!

bmdbley'sBro
04-02-2008, 02:11 PM
^ it is the HeadGasket!!

think i have like maybe 10k kms on it since 'the rebuild (from hell)' *mumble*

the Heads already off & getting inspected! gasket around cyl4 was shredded, i'm told.

headstuds were only at 48lbs torq, suppossed to be at 60lbs.

so anybody know any1 that makes a Solid Metal Headgasket like they do for the vw VR6? but for bmw.

heard/read some iffy stuff about cometic/mls layered h.g's

Nascar318is
04-02-2008, 02:23 PM
HKS and Greddy-Try those

chromius
04-02-2008, 02:27 PM
^ it is the HeadGasket!!

think i have like maybe 10k kms on it since 'the rebuild (from hell)' *mumble*

the Heads already off & getting inspected! gasket around cyl4 was shredded, i'm told.

headstuds were only at 48lbs torq, suppossed to be at 60lbs.

so anybody know any1 that makes a Solid Metal Headgasket like they do for the vw VR6? but for bmw.

heard/read some iffy stuff about cometic/mls layered h.g's

Sorry to hear man...that sucks. Time for an S52 swap?:)

Nascar318is
04-02-2008, 02:51 PM
Looks Like HKS and Greddy don't make them for the BMW.. looks like your stuck with Cometic http://www.cometic.com/ just make sure it's prepped right before putting it on and lube it and you won't have problems.

chromius
04-02-2008, 03:14 PM
^^lube a head gasket?:confused:

Nascar318is
04-02-2008, 03:16 PM
A full metal one, thats what some of the Supra guys do. None of them have problems with the cometic one.

Lube Head..What is going here?

chromius
04-02-2008, 03:20 PM
A full metal one, thats what some of the Supra guys do. None of them have problems with the cometic one.

even a full metal one though...what is the the lube supposed to do? I mean I know a lubbed head will help stop chafing, but why the gasket?:D

bmdbley'sBro
04-03-2008, 03:14 PM

actually theres alot of threads on bfc in the Fi section about Cometic that makes mls gaskets.

seems people r having issues, maybe its a prep thing..?
lots of people going off about adding sealants on top of it all

Rudy at Duss silicones (or whatever 'lube/ sealant' he uses) the shit out of h.g's for e30's
said to my bro they just leak otherwise.

Nascar318is
04-03-2008, 03:16 PM
Ok.. yeah, maybe it's just really good with Stock Motors like the 7MGTE on the supra, it is a turbo but comes from the factory like that..

In the end it seems you don't have alot of options for the gasket...

chromius
04-03-2008, 03:20 PM
Rudy at Duss silicones (or whatever 'lube/ sealant' he uses) the shit out of h.g's for e30's
said to my bro they just leak otherwise.

coming up on 100k on my head gasket replacement on my e30 and there are absolutely 0 leaks, and I didn't use any kind of sealant. If you ask me using a sealant on a HG is just asking for it to leak. I don't know about full metal HG's, but I know with OEM HG's they are designed in such a way that they don't need, and shouldn't use sealant. I think it would just compromise the seal.

chromius
04-03-2008, 03:38 PM
actually...now that I think of it, are you sure Rudy wasn't talking about the VC gaskets, and not the HG's? Because I know Rudy loves to silicone the crap out of VC gaskets.

Because it seems really odd that Rudy would say that. the more I think of it, the more it doesn't make sense...Putting sealant on an HG I would think would start leaking within days, since I would think it would lead to an uneven seal.

everlast
04-03-2008, 05:11 PM
I've heard of rudy putting sealant on a gasket too.. at the rear of the motor because they 'always' leak there.. but i don't remember if it was VC or HG, lol.

carjoe
04-03-2008, 10:15 PM
On my last car, I had to use RTV for the VC gasket to keep it in place and to keep it sealed near the cam humps and a sensor.

I'd think using any thing on an HG is just asking for trouble.

Jamil20
04-04-2008, 09:39 AM
Hey you 318 guys, can you give my buddy some advice on his car issues? Thanks. :)

http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1133321

carjoe
04-04-2008, 10:38 AM
Hey you 318 guys, can you give my buddy some advice on his car issues? Thanks. :)

Sounds like he got all the info he needs. I would have replied the same...

Release bearing is ticking, needs a tune up, no timing chain maybe it needs a tensioner

Nascar318is
04-04-2008, 10:56 AM

I know how to solve that.. it's easy. Go to Canadian Tire Buy a 98 Cent for sale sign and slap it on the car. Take that money and go buy a 325 minimum*shiner*

Joey: I would have said the same.

This is going to be a costly job for your friend Ahmed.

Jamil20
04-04-2008, 11:28 AM
Thanks guys,

I told him throw-out bearing was my best guess, but you guys would know better. :)

ecuconnection
04-04-2008, 12:24 PM
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1254271&postcount=71

this link can save your ass down the line