PDA

View Full Version : re-paint of front bumper for $350...

paladin425
02-29-2008, 07:49 PM
Is this a good deal or not?

I ramdomly call a bodyshop I found here and they quote me $350..

good deal or not??

HoldenC
02-29-2008, 07:58 PM
It's relative. If I offered to paint your front bumper for $50, would you accept. Is that a good deal?

$350 for a concours finish is fantastic.
$350 for a good finish is a good deal.
$350 for an average job is average to below average.
$350 for a bad job is a waste of money.

Shops don't deal in concours finishes very often so the best you can hope for is a good finish.

EDIT: Don't look for a shop that deals in high-end or luxury cars. That doesn't mean anything. The best bodyshop I have ever seen dealt strictly with average cars - Toyota Corolla, Honda Odyssey etc. The most important thing is that the bodyshop is clean and organized. Have a look at the work that they have performed and see if it would be satisfactory to you.

dbworld4k
02-29-2008, 08:03 PM
$350 sounds about right, but it depends on the bodyshop. I would rather call Dave @ Autopia, one of the sponsors here. He does fantastic work.

shimajer
02-29-2008, 08:08 PM
well if you tell us which shop is it, then we might be able to answer your question.

propr'one
02-29-2008, 10:35 PM
lol 350$ for a bumper?

you gotta be ****ing kidding.
I had my front bumper painted for 100$, on a hookup.

about 200$ for a good job is good deal, 250 is probably average. I wouldn't spend anymore than that.

Manimillion
03-01-2008, 08:47 PM
I like this sort of questions, is it a good price for paint... Every paint job is not the same and if I were you, I wouldn't cheap out when it comes to a paint job.

mpower1226
03-01-2008, 10:31 PM
If I remember correctly, It was me that quoted him $350 installed and painted.

Manimillion's comment is very correct, everyjob is different. Also, the condition of the bumper factors into the price as well. The brand new bumper from the factory will be a lot easier to prep and paint whereas if you bring me a used bumper with rock chips all around, it will be a lot more work.

summit425
03-01-2008, 10:48 PM
hyung it was me that you quote $350 and I have no idea how paladin425 got "425" from..lol anyway yeah I tried Autopia and it was really great! go for it.

BTW I bought a new set of a bumper + primed. What will be the price of painting on that bumper?? Can you quote me?

Also I got few stuffs to install and fix too. Please PM me :)

I got a new re-bar for a front bumper, need to install new angel eyes (2 rings from driver side went out), paint a new bumper and install (just ordered a new M3 replica bumper from the states)