PDA

View Full Version : Failing to move to the left, $490 Fine

e46it
02-28-2008, 11:32 PM
I didnt know about this rule, interesting article...
http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/news/story.html?id=0436e493-08ad-44b6-96fd-0e8f771613ea&k=77210

Mickey Knox
02-29-2008, 02:17 AM
shame that they need a law for this, its common sense people.

Gamite
02-29-2008, 02:24 AM
I didn't know it was a law either, but I also do it. For anyone who's changed a tire on the side of the road, you appreciate the cars who pull over to the left.

NOTORIOUS VR
02-29-2008, 08:42 AM
I always slow down, or move to the next lane if there is a car on the side of the road/highway. Emergency vehicle or not. It's just common courtesy, which is something many people here in Toronto lack.

I find that the further away from the city you go, the better the drivers get.

King Luis
02-29-2008, 09:37 AM
i slow and if i can move to the next lane, if i can't i'll just move to the most left in my lane i can.

e46it
02-29-2008, 11:28 AM
I think many people with common sense and experience will do this, but then not everyone has this quality. There are many drivers who lack on road experience, just like the ones that don't pull to the right when an emergency vehicle approaches, or they block an entrance when in traffic. Lets not be judgemental and just pass the information, hopefully they too can become better drivers.

europrince
02-29-2008, 11:33 AM
I knew it was the law. I just didn't know the fine was so severe. Good for them, though. The side of the highway is not a safe place and I find it to be very intimidating. We should respect everyone, not only emergency vehicles, on the side of the road.

Arash
02-29-2008, 11:35 AM
lol there is a law for this? I have always done this, not even out of courtesy, out of instinct.

INFAMOU$
02-29-2008, 11:48 AM
I do it... but mostly because cops are asswipes and block that lane of traffic in most cases.. and they wonder why they get hit :S Some of them need to learn they don't "own" the road either.. many times i have been forced to pull over blocking full lanes of traffic creating a one way road.. For things as stupid as "oh we are just making sure your paperwork is clear as many cars like this are stolen"... blah blah go f*ckyerself.

carscoe
02-29-2008, 03:56 PM
I think many people with common sense and experience will do this, but then not everyone has this quality. There are many drivers who lack on road experience, just like the ones that don't pull to the right when an emergency vehicle approaches,.

i had some idiot almost hit me and then lean on the horn when i pulled to the side to let an ambulance go by, as once it goes by the guy floors it around me, giving me the finger the whole way..

punnzzells
02-29-2008, 05:21 PM
great.. now you are going to have morons slamming on their brakes to get over to the left lane... more traffic jams! yeah!

why can't the police pull cars, when they can, on a safe spot off the main road? that's common sense... what's a $490.00 fine going to do when a cop is hit?

Manimillion
03-01-2008, 08:45 PM
Good! Now he can go rant all day... Stupid people shouldn't be driving, they bitch when they get a ticket for not moving into the right lane, when they are not passing, yet they get a ticket for not moving into the left lane, and they still are bitching... They need to educate drivers a little better before handing them the so called "priviledge" of a drivers license.

mech9T8
03-01-2008, 09:54 PM
My brother just got nailed for this a few weeks ago.
Then I found out a guy I work with was involved in an accident a few years ago that started this law. He was mistakenly pulled over and then a transport wiped him and afew cops out. Luckily he survived but the cops did not.

Shock(/\)ave
03-02-2008, 10:10 AM
I do it... but mostly because cops are asswipes and block that lane of traffic in most cases.. and they wonder why they get hit :S Some of them need to learn they don't "own" the road either.. many times i have been forced to pull over blocking full lanes of traffic creating a one way road..

This is very true. :rolleyes:

It's hard for me to be overly sympathetic toward police officers where they continually get more and more power handed to them by our governments only to abuse every new power they get.

I've been stopped for having no front plate in the middle of a snow storm when traffic lights were out all around the city. Talk about your priorities... *mumble*

Dr. Flyview
03-02-2008, 01:14 PM
Yea this makes sense....

What I hate is when you'll be driving on the collector and everyone is slowing down to 20-30km traffic for a few km, you finally pass by an accident in the express, and then right after the accident the traffic gains full speed again. WTF is that about?? Why are people slowing down to look?

Redster
03-02-2008, 01:24 PM
Yea this makes sense....

What I hate is when you'll be driving on the collector and everyone is slowing down to 20-30km traffic for a few km, you finally pass by an accident in the express, and then right after the accident the traffic gains full speed again. WTF is that about?? Why are people slowing down to look?

Just the way people are, I don't think that will ever stop..