PDA

View Full Version : ottawa spring cruise.?

bmdoubleya
02-26-2008, 11:13 PM
We should try to organize something with chris to see if we can get some toronto and montreal guys to meet us in kingston. If that turns out to be the place we cruise to.:cool:

http://bmwccottawa.org/smf/index.php?topic=16.0

ecuconnection
02-27-2008, 12:15 AM
sound's good!! couldnt ask for a better halfway point

oldskool3
02-27-2008, 12:24 PM
It would be good if we could actually get some toronto guys to go. People have tried to plan similar meets a couple times already with no luck. It would be awesome thought to get a huge meet going. I have been looking forward to the spring cruise since last fall. Hopefully my car will be operational by then.

Nascar318is
02-27-2008, 01:00 PM
Edit: This would be great :)

I thought it was another plan to meet to T.O. guys.

ecuconnection
04-26-2008, 01:32 PM
UPDATE!!!!

Hi everyone. Doug and I (Mike) are firming up plans for the Spring Drive. We will likely RV at the Tim Hortons in Stittsville for 8:30am and depart 9:00am. Route maps and further instructions will be handed out there. We will go to Perth via a route still to be determined. I've checked out 1 possible but want to check another. Doug has a route from Perth to Kingston and it should be tremendous. We will then take the ferry to Wolfe Island where we will have lunch at the General Wolfe Hotel (circ 1860). Their opening page on their web site shows where we will be going. We should have reserved parking and they have a good "light lunch" menu (not the menu shown on their site).
We will need to know how many people will be coming so please tell me if you are coming. indicate this to me at skyskirun@hotmail.com. Indicate 1st name, last initial, car year, make, model and colour, ie: Mike R, 89 BMW 325iX, red.
This promises to be a very special Spring Drive and we look forward to seeing many people.
As always, new BMW owners are welcome as are those considering to buy one. Prospective owners have the chance to see many different models and talk to their owners.

Nascar318is
05-20-2008, 10:25 AM
So I guess I'm not making it this year.. I have my son this weekend and 2, at the price of gas, I can sure use that money towards my notary.. So looks like I'm staying home :(

chromius
05-20-2008, 10:31 AM
So I guess I'm not making it this year.. I have my son this weekend and 2, at the price of gas, I can sure use that money towards my notary.. So looks like I'm staying home :(

You suck...

1. You can bring your son with you

2. Gas is still relatively cheap...I dove to Kingston the other day and it only cost $45 for the round trip.

Nascar318is
05-20-2008, 10:32 AM
that 45$ is going to help me get closer to the 5K I need in the next 2 months, for notary fees, land taxes, welcome taxes etc... Really bad timing on my part:(

Gamite
05-20-2008, 10:48 AM
I was thinking that since there's not much to do in Kingston, us Toronto guys could cruise up to Ottawa to meet you guys. If one of you is willing to help organize, maybe you could contact Mystikal and help him set something up. I've been wanting to do something like this for a few years now.

chromius
05-20-2008, 11:02 AM
I was thinking that since there's not much to do in Kingston, us Toronto guys could cruise up to Ottawa to meet you guys. If one of you is willing to help organize, maybe you could contact Mystikal and help him set something up. I've been wanting to do something like this for a few years now.

I think that would be cool. I'll start asking around to see if I can get people interested. The only thing with you guys coming up here to meet us is that many of us would want to drive too, so as long as we could set up some kind of cruise as well, then I think that would work out well.

The big problem with Ottawa is that we seem to have more members now than ever before, but less and less people showing up for meets and cruises...doesn't make sense.

oldskool3
05-20-2008, 01:53 PM
An ottawa/ toronto members cruise would be awesome if we could set it up. I am sure the montreal members would also be willing to come down for it!

Gamite
05-23-2008, 10:09 AM
I think that would be cool. I'll start asking around to see if I can get people interested. The only thing with you guys coming up here to meet us is that many of us would want to drive too, so as long as we could set up some kind of cruise as well, then I think that would work out well.

The big problem with Ottawa is that we seem to have more members now than ever before, but less and less people showing up for meets and cruises...doesn't make sense.

If you guys set up a date and time, people will show.

Nascar318is
05-23-2008, 10:15 AM
Sounds good guys. Adam get a date going and Toronto and Montreal guys can meet up with us in Ottawa. Maybe get some sort of tent camping going for the Toronto guys. What about setting them up with a room at our places? Just some ideas..

kris 325
06-09-2008, 11:02 AM
Hey guys first post, was very happy when a friend showed me this site. I'm in Ottawa has this gone down all ready i hope not if not I'm in! :) so happy to see all this e30 and bmw guys so close! can't wait to see some other e30's on the road !

thanks
-kris

Jamil20
06-09-2008, 11:24 AM
Hey guys first post, was very happy when a friend showed me this site. I'm in Ottawa has this gone down all ready i hope not if not I'm in! :) so happy to see all this e30 and bmw guys so close! can't wait to see some other e30's on the road !

thanks
-kris

You're too late. But there is usually a fall cruise as well. :)

We meet up on many fridays during the summer too. Checkout the friday meet thread.

kris 325
06-09-2008, 11:26 AM
Hey,

sweet will do. i just need to get my car done as well *sad* lol where do you guys live in ottawa i'm in westbro

thanks
-kris

oldskool3
06-09-2008, 07:40 PM
im around fisher and meadowlands

ecuconnection
06-09-2008, 10:55 PM
im in ktown

chromius
06-09-2008, 11:08 PM
Elgin st

everlast
06-10-2008, 12:07 PM
Merivale / baseline area.

Jamil20
06-10-2008, 01:05 PM
Ogilvie/Montreal.

I'm feeling kind of cheated on the whole friday meets thing. I have to go so much farther. :P

chromius
06-10-2008, 01:16 PM
Ogilvie/Montreal.

I'm feeling kind of cheated on the whole friday meets thing. I have to go so much farther. :P

I think Joe and Bear are farther.

ecuconnection
06-10-2008, 08:00 PM
M&M is not fare at all for me ... sometimes I go downtown after for no reason just to check out the honeys and night life :)

Montreal/Ogilvie... that is super fare!!... I wouldnt show up anymore if I lived that fare away or if I complained as much as you do :moon: *wiggle* *rockout* *no-no* :confused: :huh?: *sleep* :puke: *uzi*

Boom shockalaka

Nascar318is
06-10-2008, 08:34 PM
Oh boy... Montreal Road, so you live in Vanier? I'm surprised your car hasn't been stolen yet..At least you have The playmate*rockout**rockout*

Anyway I live in A House Built outside.. about 50 minutes away.. So beat that..

carjoe
06-10-2008, 11:43 PM
Whoreleans for me. I hardly ever get out. It's like a black hole out here.

Ahmad, I always thought you were out in Kanata...interesting.

chromius
06-10-2008, 11:58 PM

Yeah, but you actually have to come to merivale once in a while to be able to count:P

chromius
06-10-2008, 11:59 PM
Whoreleans for me. I hardly ever get out. It's like a black hole out here.

Told ya so:D

Jamil20
06-11-2008, 04:43 PM
Oh boy... Montreal Road, so you live in Vanier? I'm surprised your car hasn't been stolen yet..At least you have The playmate*rockout**rockout*

I'm not in Vanier. I'm in Beacon Hill. :)

I'd have been shot a long time ago if I lived in Vanier.