PDA

View Full Version : Feeler: Parting Out 94 318is

Spoose
02-25-2008, 10:07 PM
Guys, I am parting out my car. 1994 318is w/ 240,000kms, 5spd, Artic Silver on Dove Grey. Car is base, have not done too much to it. It does have the full Dove Grey interior from a 97 M3 (Vaders) in it. All panels are original, but have surface rust, some more than others. I will be parting out in the next few weeks, weather permitting. I want to sell the bigger stuff last (motor, tranny, etc). Will post pics soon.

Everything must go. I need this just as a bare chasis to do my rebuild. If you need something let me know.

Spoose
02-25-2008, 11:46 PM
Please post questions on the post, not pms. If you send me a pm, let me know.

Canshield
02-26-2008, 11:30 AM
I was wondering about a price on the engine & complete interior. Also are the vaders power & heated and if, do the electrics & heaters work

Spoose
02-26-2008, 12:24 PM
Hear are the pics of the car. The pics of the interior are on my other post.

http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101625

Sorry car is really dirty. Like I said, there is surface rust on most of the body panels, some more than others. Price of items will take into condsideration of wear. Like I said, I need eveything gone off this thing so make an offer on whatever you need. You might be surprised.

GTA_G20
02-26-2008, 12:26 PM
how much for the motor

Spoose
02-26-2008, 12:29 PM
how much for the motor

Make me an offer, like I said, the bigger stuff I am going to sell last since I may need to move the car around. I am trying to make arrangements to leave the car somewhere to part out, but still have not found anywhere. Once I find a place, then the big stuff will be sold.

GTA_G20
02-26-2008, 12:39 PM
PM'd offer

stef2.7T
02-26-2008, 04:25 PM
pm'd!

e36_318
02-26-2008, 06:01 PM
how much for the tranny?? and flywheel?

Spoose
02-26-2008, 06:16 PM
how much for the tranny?? and flywheel?

You tell me, make me an offer. I would prefer to sell the motor and tranny together as a package, but if you have someone for the motor and you take the tranny, I don't care. BUT like I said, I am not parting out the big items until I have a place to park it. I am trying to arrange something by the end of this week or next.

Spoose
02-26-2008, 06:19 PM
For those that have asked me what I am willing to sell, it is EVERYTHING. All I want is a rolling shell left over. If someone were to make me an offer for the whole car, take all the parts they need and give me back the shell, that works for me also.

Dr. Flyview
02-26-2008, 08:38 PM
Does the auxiliary fan work?
Shift knob, what type?
How's the leather shiter boot? (any cracks?)

Spoose
02-26-2008, 11:15 PM
Not sure if the aux fan works, I am going to say yes, but have no clue how to check it or where it is. The fan on the front of the car works, not sure if thats the same. Tell me where it is and I'll check. I have a basic 5 spd shift knob, worn on the top. The shifter boot is actually from the M3, I got a new one for that. I don't think there are any cracks, I can check.

Dr. Flyview
02-26-2008, 11:31 PM
Not sure if the aux fan works, I am going to say yes, but have no clue how to check it or where it is. The fan on the front of the car works, not sure if thats the same. Tell me where it is and I'll check. I have a basic 5 spd shift knob, worn on the top. The shifter boot is actually from the M3, I got a new one for that. I don't think there are any cracks, I can check.

It's the fan at the very front of the car, in front of the radiator , right behind the bumper. To test it, turn AC on and see if it starts spinning.

No offense at all, but how are you taking off the part if you don't even know where it is?

Please send me pics of the shifter knob and boot. My email is under my msn contact on the left.

Spoose
02-27-2008, 09:24 AM
Getting bombarded with PM's about the same questions, so I have temporarily turned it off. If there is something you are looking for, post it and make your offer.

I have another post for the seats, so please read that post. Again here is the link

http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101625

Spoose
02-27-2008, 09:27 AM
It's the fan at the very front of the car, in front of the radiator , right behind the bumper. To test it, turn AC on and see if it starts spinning.

No offense at all, but how are you taking off the part if you don't even know where it is?

Please send me pics of the shifter knob and boot. My email is under my msn contact on the left.

I thought that was the aux fan, just making sure. I know what most of the interior parts are, just not too sure about a lot of mechnical stuff. Hoping to learn as I go along and have the buyer assist me. For the larger stuff, I am trying to find a place to leave the car and have the buyer help me there.

e36_318
02-27-2008, 11:53 AM
250 for the tranny and flywheel?

Medeiros
02-27-2008, 03:24 PM
$20 for the driverside mirror assembly? actually only need the silver part.

Dr. Flyview
02-27-2008, 05:16 PM
I thought that was the aux fan, just making sure. I know what most of the interior parts are, just not too sure about a lot of mechnical stuff. Hoping to learn as I go along and have the buyer assist me. For the larger stuff, I am trying to find a place to leave the car and have the buyer help me there.

Ok that's cool. Please test if it works by turning on the AC, getting out of the car and looking at the aux fan to see if it spins. If it doesn't, check the fuse. After you replace fuse if it still doesn't spin or it blows the fuse again, it is broken. Let me know. Please send pics of the shift knob and boot to flav_cool AT hotmail DOT com.

Spoose
02-27-2008, 10:05 PM
Okay its official, I have a place to part out the car and it will begin next week. The car will be located in Brampton for anyone interested. Steeles and Rutherford area.

Spoose
02-27-2008, 10:06 PM
250 for the tranny and flywheel?

I prefer to sell the motor and tranny together. If you know someone who will take the motor, then we could have a deal.

Spoose
02-27-2008, 10:07 PM
$20 for the driverside mirror assembly? actually only need the silver part.

I prefer to sell the mirrors as a set, it will be tough to sell just one mirror later. $50 for both mirrors.

GTA_G20
02-29-2008, 08:08 AM
I want the motor PM'd you about that a few days ago

Spoose
02-29-2008, 09:20 AM
I want the motor PM'd you about that a few days ago

When did you need the motor. Like I said, want to part out the bigger stuff later incase I need to move the vehicle around.

felixthecat6
02-29-2008, 10:30 PM
What's with these "feeler" adds?

Either you're parting it or your not..you want to auction,throw it on Ebay

Spoose
03-01-2008, 12:47 AM
What's with these "feeler" adds?

Either you're parting it or your not..you want to auction,throw it on Ebay

Well I wanted to find out if there was enough interest in parting out or selling whole. Now that I have enough interest in parts, I am going to part out. But when I did the original post, I did not know and could not change it to FS, hence the feeler. If I wanted auction, I would tell everyone what people are offering an try to get competitive bids, but that is not what I am doing. If there is no interest, then don't post.

Dr. Flyview
03-01-2008, 11:23 AM
Dude have you checked the aux fan yet?? Look at my previous post for how to check it. I need it ASAP. If it works, I will most likely get the shifter boot and shift knob when I come to get the fan.

Spoose
03-02-2008, 10:02 PM
Sorry, I was at my parents house this weekend and did not have the car. I was hoping to look at it earlier today, but got home later than I thought. I will check tomorrow and let you know.

Spoose
03-03-2008, 09:51 PM
Ok that's cool. Please test if it works by turning on the AC, getting out of the car and looking at the aux fan to see if it spins. If it doesn't, check the fuse. After you replace fuse if it still doesn't spin or it blows the fuse again, it is broken. Let me know. Please send pics of the shift knob and boot to flav_cool AT hotmail DOT com.

Doesn't look like its working, I tried what you said above and it does not seem to be spinning. All fuses were good. sorry.

e36_318
03-04-2008, 06:33 PM
find a buyer for the motor? lol i need that tranny and flywheel man let me know

Spoose
03-04-2008, 08:07 PM
yeah, I thought I did but have not heard back. I should be able to part out beginning of next week, weather permitting.

Dr. Flyview
03-05-2008, 01:44 PM
Doesn't look like its working, I tried what you said above and it does not seem to be spinning. All fuses were good. sorry.

Hmm, am I right in assuming it comes on right away after AC turned on? Shouldn't the fuse pop if the motor's shot?

GTA_G20
03-05-2008, 04:51 PM
find a buyer for the motor? lol i need that tranny and flywheel man let me know

I am interested in the motor but not at the price he wanted for it. I made an offer but it was not accepted

hadesm5
03-05-2008, 05:01 PM
i'm looking for 2 window switches (or sunroof switch) not one-touch. are the ones you have illuminated? the part number would be 61 31 1 387 916

Spoose
03-05-2008, 08:25 PM
I am interested in the motor but not at the price he wanted for it. I made an offer but it was not accepted

Didn't you buy Fil's?

Spoose
03-05-2008, 08:26 PM
i'm looking for 2 window switches (or sunroof switch) not one-touch. are the ones you have illuminated? the part number would be 61 31 1 387 916

Both mine are one touch, not sure of the part number.

GTA_G20
03-06-2008, 01:57 PM
Didn't you buy Fil's?

Did not buy it, but what you wanted previously it would only make sense to pay a little more for 100 less km. Id prefer to buy your high km motor as this car has already been a money pit

Spoose
03-07-2008, 01:18 AM
well its your if you want it. I sent you a PM with a new price. We can take it out anytime, but prefer to do it when the weather is warmer.