PDA

View Full Version : :: Umnitza Predator ICE (v2) vs eBay specials...

Qube
02-20-2008, 02:27 AM
With an eyeball comparison during the day and night... are they brighter? No, at least not significantly so as to be outstanding. Are they of a better, or cleaner color? Well, see for yourself and judge (same photo, just cropped). Is it worth $100 or so premium over eBay specials?

NB: Excuse the somewhat dirty, streaked headlamp.

98Dinan3
02-20-2008, 03:01 AM
Thanks for posting this Bro.... just another example of Umnitza's massively inflated prices. Same product, but significantly higher prices...*thmbsdwn*

plus their customer service sucks... I've had more orders wrong than I've had right. Even when placing them on the phone and double checking everything.

Furious
02-20-2008, 08:53 AM
i do have to agree that their product is the best out there. with our weather conditions id be looking at longevity vs. brightness.

Gamite
02-20-2008, 08:55 AM
not a fan of the bluish angel eyes, I prefer the OEM yellowy look.

vadim321go
02-20-2008, 09:07 AM
or you can buy what umnitza sells at ddm for 75$ :P

King Luis
02-20-2008, 09:37 AM

+1*th-up*

Qube
02-20-2008, 11:44 AM

Yep. I may revert.

Thanks for posting this Bro.... just another example of Umnitza's massively inflated prices. Same product, but significantly higher prices...

plus their customer service sucks... I've had more orders wrong than I've had right. Even when placing them on the phone and double checking everything.

Service wasn't bad. "Lost" the first one, shipped another promptly. Ordered M-Tech front/rear... being received today. Call them few times and quite responsive.

I didn't post it to knock them, but still their product is better looking than the eBay variety...

Qube
02-20-2008, 11:52 AM
To clarify...

UMNITZA on the LEFT
eBay stuff on the RIGHT

Jon@Bimmersport
02-22-2008, 09:50 PM
Umnitza is cleaner, and more subtle looking...where as the ebay ones are just too bright.

AceOfSpades
02-22-2008, 10:30 PM
will prolly never consider angel eyes as they are ugly. is anything, stay with the yellow look
the umnitza look like they are two different thing. one umnitza is white and the other is slightly purplish lol

Redster
02-22-2008, 10:46 PM
will prolly never consider angel eyes as they are ugly. is anything, stay with the yellow look
the umnitza look like they are two different thing. one umnitza is white and the other is slightly purplish lol

Ugly?

I think they look pretty good, ON BMWs

As far as umnitza, I have their AE and I'm happy both with the product and them as a company. I always get reply to my questions fast. shipping is fast, and they always include a few extras (angel eye rings, inverter etc)

AceOfSpades
02-22-2008, 11:07 PM
i prefer yellow city lights to angel eyes...
angel eyes look 'messy'

propr'one
02-22-2008, 11:11 PM
guys. the thread i made about this in the FS section doesn't "compare" them.

THEY ARE THE !!!!!EXACT!!!!! same product, just different box.

so you could make a comparison between MyCarr and ebay. Mycarr = decent quality. One ring went out on me. I cried a little.

Qube
02-23-2008, 12:19 PM
guys. the thread i made about this in the FS section doesn't "compare" them.

THEY ARE THE !!!!!EXACT!!!!! same product, just different box.

so you could make a comparison between MyCarr and ebay. Mycarr = decent quality. One ring went out on me. I cried a little.

Ok ok... please elaborate or link? :)

Redster
02-23-2008, 12:59 PM
Keep in mind that same rings with different inverters (in most cases) won't look the same..

Qube
02-23-2008, 01:29 PM
And these aren't after market rings folks, these are just the bulbs. This is a facelifted e39 with stock celis.