PDA

View Full Version : so here's my problem.. PLEASE.. someone help me..

NateoriouS
02-19-2008, 01:46 PM
i bought a new headlight assembly with ccfl's and hid's (thanks SUPERCHARGED)

..here's my dilemma, when trying to install the headlights, i noticed that the hid's always stay on.

i have a 94 e36 and my light switch positions are as follows..

position 1 - corner lights and hid's on
position 2 - corner lights, hid's, and fog lights on
position 3 - same as position 2

i also want to hook up the ccfl's but i believe i need a wiring harness for that.

the lights are dj auto's ..

basically, i want to install the lights so that i can control the on/off of my hid's, fogs and ccfl's ..

PLEASE guys any info would help...

..p.s. i'm not sure if the previous owner tampered with the wire's ..but the fogs and headlights were spliced together when i took out the old assembly..

Boots R
02-19-2008, 01:53 PM
no one tampered with the wires. That's how 1992 - 1995 e36's were wired. Go to the place Jay posted up in your other thread. They do amazing work.

Also, to get your CCFL's to light up, I spliced mine into my corner lights.

NateoriouS
02-19-2008, 02:00 PM
^^ will i need the wiring harness to fit into the 4 prong outlet on the back, in order to splice into my corners?

Dr. Flyview
02-19-2008, 02:13 PM
^^ will i need the wiring harness to fit into the 4 prong outlet on the back, in order to splice into my corners?

Not really, you just need to connect a wire from one of the 4 prongs (you'll have to figure out which) to the corner light and i suppose you should connect the ground wire too.

Basically, those 4 prons are low beam power, high beam power, ae/city bulb power, ground, but the order is always mixed up so you'll have to figure it out. You can make your own "harness"/connector to the prong by putting a little metal connector like a tube on a wire which will slide onto the prong.

NateoriouS
02-19-2008, 02:28 PM
^^ so by connecting my ae's to my corneres, basically, my ae's will always be on given my car is on right?