PDA

View Full Version : these look pretty cool

tig
02-18-2008, 01:07 AM
http://cgi.ebay.ca/BREMBO-LOOK-DUMMY-BRAKE-CALIPER-COVERS-1-set-of-4_W0QQitemZ230222223600QQihZ013QQcategoryZ6763QQss PageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

fake BBKs lol, honestly part of me wants to get these just to see how they look. especially since i just ordered some cross drilled rotors. anyone ever actually seen these on a car? Not really planning on going the BBK route anytime soon way too expensive and dont need all that stopping power on my daily. but i wouldnt mind having the look, if these actaully look decent once installed. Probably not tho

summit425
02-18-2008, 01:22 AM
wow.. that is so cooooooooooooooool

I would get one if it fits perfect lol

tig
02-18-2008, 11:00 AM
I looked thru some previous theads about these on here, did anyone actaully install them on their calipers? how long did they hold up for?

NateoriouS
02-18-2008, 11:11 AM
interesting... let me know if they work out :)

ScotcH
02-18-2008, 11:48 AM
Are you guys ****in' serious?

Furious
02-18-2008, 11:50 AM
Are you guys ****in' serious?

hahaha i wanna put some on my back calipers to match my real Brembo BBK's up front.

j/k

shimajer
02-18-2008, 12:05 PM
that's so lame. people who don't know about BBK won't look at them. people who know a lot of BBKs will know they are fake. so what's the point? it's like putting a m3 badge on your car.

JazzM
02-18-2008, 12:41 PM
I wonder if they have AP Racing ones... haha :D

T.

tig
02-18-2008, 01:16 PM
that's so lame. people who don't know about BBK won't look at them. people who know a lot of BBKs will know they are fake. so what's the point? it's like putting a m3 badge on your car.

its just easier than painting your calipers*th-up*
unless they melt from the heat then they wont be such a good idea

I dont give a shit what anyone thinks of them i put them on my car because i myself like the way the red looks because its a nice contrast to my rims, why do ppl paint their calipers? cuz it looks better thats why, it not like putting on a m3 badge thats just stupid

Manimillion
02-18-2008, 01:40 PM
http://www.ex-designz.net/gameroom/images/ricericebaby_smll.jpg

just325iS
02-18-2008, 01:45 PM
I think they should look amazing, let me know how it turns out. Post some pics when you get them, if it's nice I want to get them for my accord.

hypno_nls1
02-18-2008, 01:47 PM
lolz please tell me its like an 07 accord, brembo brake pads on an accord

just325iS
02-18-2008, 02:09 PM
No it's a '99 accord and my car is red so the BBK covers should look good on my car. Plus I have a air intake so the vtec hits really hard now and I wouldn't mind the extra stopping power from the pads.

ScotcH
02-18-2008, 02:10 PM
Hey all ... I found another amazing product for you. They, combined with the fake caliper covers would look really sweet! Someone get these, and post pictures. If it looks good, I'm going to get them for the race car *love*

hypno_nls1
02-18-2008, 02:24 PM
No it's a '99 accord and my car is red so the BBK covers should look good on my car. Plus I have a air intake so the vtec hits really hard now and I wouldn't mind the extra stopping power from the pads.

:confused: these are just covers, they do nothing for braking what so ever, these are for people who liek to pretend that they have actual brembo brake pads, lets just all agree to end this thread:)

just325iS
02-18-2008, 02:28 PM
ScotcH, those won't look good because the cross drilled pattern on them are wrong, people will know it's fake.

The cover won't improve the braking but I was going to put some brembo pads on as well.

tig
02-18-2008, 02:52 PM

looooll:D:

R_JAY
02-18-2008, 02:54 PM
:confused: these are just covers, they do nothing for braking what so ever, these are for people who liek to pretend that they have actual brembo brake pads, lets just all agree to end this thread:)Hey man, don't fall for this. just325is is just pulling your leg.

ScotcH
02-18-2008, 03:58 PM
ScotcH, those won't look good because the cross drilled pattern on them are wrong, people will know it's fake.

The cover won't improve the braking but I was going to put some brembo pads on as well.

Nah, man ... those are special speed holes, not like regular cross-drilled rotors. I agree though ... The brembo pads are awsome. The special organic (sawdust) compound they use is truely a miracle of science. The best thing about the caliper covers in the original post though is that they really trap the heat, so your pads will warm up quicker. This will tremendously improve braking power, since the coefficient of friction really goes up as heat rises!

Boss17
02-18-2008, 04:56 PM

LOL i bought my car like that! For the record I am not part of the people who put M3 badges on their non-M's. Just thought i would clarify.

hypno_nls1
02-18-2008, 05:36 PM
i have an m shift knob*sad* lol

Manimillion
02-18-2008, 05:36 PM
LOL i bought my car like that! For the record I am not part of the people who put M3 badges on their non-M's. Just thought i would clarify.

So you bought a non M3 with an m3 badge, but you didn't rip the badge off when you bought it?

Boss17
02-18-2008, 05:39 PM
So you bought a non M3 with an m3 badge, but you didn't rip the badge off when you bought it?

And do what? fill paint over the area with white out? lol

When the car gets painted, the M3 emblem goes.

Manimillion
02-18-2008, 05:54 PM
And do what? fill paint over the area with white out? lol

When the car gets painted, the M3 emblem goes.

It's just double sided tape, you can use a fishing line and some peanut butter to debadge the car.

hypno_nls1
02-18-2008, 05:56 PM
Hey man, don't fall for this. just325is is just pulling your leg.

lolz thank god.

2K6E60
02-18-2008, 07:43 PM
i bought a set of these as a gag joke for a buddy of mine a few months back for his b-day. the fooker actually tried to install them!

I have a practically brand new set at home here if you want, 50 and there yours.

propr'one
02-18-2008, 07:48 PM
ok

here's a quick note to all the people with BBK's on here who are ripping on these cause they're looks only.

If you dont track your car, your bbk is !!!!!!!!****ING USELESS!!!!!!!!!!!
your brakes already overpower your tires, and even hard street driving, with a good set of pads/rotors wont result in too much brake fade.

Having said that, tig, if i were you, spend a little more, get some M3 front brakes. Bigger calipers, and bigger rotors. They'll look great, plus, since you'll have them before you put them on, it would be easy to paint the calipers.

Otherwise, i'm sure these will work, abs can get pretty hot before it melts, if you have proper cooling on your brakes (brake ducts, etc), you should be fine.

Swerve
02-18-2008, 08:05 PM
ok

here's a quick note to all the people with BBK's on here who are ripping on these cause they're looks only.

If you dont track your car, your bbk is !!!!!!!!****ING USELESS!!!!!!!!!!!
your brakes already overpower your tires, and even hard street driving, with a good set of pads/rotors wont result in too much brake fade.

Having said that, tig, if i were you, spend a little more, get some M3 front brakes. Bigger calipers, and bigger rotors. They'll look great, plus, since you'll have them before you put them on, it would be easy to paint the calipers.

Otherwise, i'm sure these will work, abs can get pretty hot before it melts, if you have proper cooling on your brakes (brake ducts, etc), you should be fine.

+1, and the duplicolor caliper paint kit is <$25 at CT.

In the process myself right now too. Pics coming soon!

slimjim
02-18-2008, 08:50 PM

is the air intake red?

just325iS
02-18-2008, 09:15 PM
This is the pic of it.........it looks siiiiiiiick when I open the hood dude! I'm looking for some red wires to match and then going to get it dyno soon. I think I'm going to run sunoco 94 to get that vtec pumping. When I'm done, it's going to be a BMW killer.

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:vmLf_h3m9qCL2M:http://kandn.com/images/l/69-1207TR.jpg

Mickey Knox
02-19-2008, 09:59 AM
When I'm done, it's going to be a BMW killer.

you wish biatch!!! only if you have those brembo covers in pink will you succeed. *rockout**rockout**rockout*

e46it
02-19-2008, 10:47 AM
maybe on civics, for god sakes don't put them on your bimmers, not in orange at least.