View Full Version : Here's the part I need help with..

02-17-2008, 09:47 PM
This would be temp sensor, correct?

That's where rubber band was changed a while ago but I put on one that looked similar so I'm pretty sure that's where I'm loosing coolant (reason why I changed it before).

I assume if that band is bad (or the sensor) that would explain why my engine temp gauge would jump up from time to time (almost to the red) and then come back down (all this in 10-15 seconds)..?

Dealer only part (meaning no way to get it before Tuesday)? I assume rubber band comes with it?

02-17-2008, 10:41 PM

02-18-2008, 10:41 AM

02-18-2008, 02:04 PM
What rubber band are you talking about? I've never seen a car with a rubber band. There are some rubber o-rings but a rubber band?? All I see is a blurry hose and sensor.

Why do you still sound unsure if you're leaking coolant? It's not hard to tell. If you have green fluid under your car - you're leaking coolant. Then open the hood and find a part that is wet with this green fluid.

02-18-2008, 03:12 PM
We need a better picture, and another one from further away so we get a reference of where that is on the car.