PDA

View Full Version : {Angel Eyes}Predator Chromiums /all applications/

propr'one
02-17-2008, 07:14 PM
Many of you have asked me where to get angel eyes.

The company which makes the predator chromiums for umnitza is called Mycarr.

The kit you want (stock for e46/e39, will work with very minor modification on e36) is the ML-00030 kit.

I bought this kit 2 years ago from bimmian, and couldn't find more since then.

Now you can buy them here

http://www.ddmtuning.com/prchfpa.html

From ddmtuning. This is the exact same rings as umnitza pred chromium, but 1/3 the cost.

I'm not going to be selling these, but i figure i would refer you guys to someone who is. Matt at umnitza once cost me 200$, and i dont want him making another penny by ripping people off.
Upgrade the ballasts, then you have a spare.

Good luck guys

vadim321go
02-17-2008, 07:38 PM
2nded, my AE's are from ddm! and the beauty is if anything ever goes wrong they will send u more rings and ballasts :)

propr'one
02-17-2008, 07:54 PM
i'm not saying all thier rings are good, the DDE angel eyes they have are scrap. But the ML 00030 kit = umnitza pred chromiums. Just wanted to get that out there.

IChopCars
02-17-2008, 08:01 PM
thx for the link! Ill def be ordering a set

dbworld4k
02-17-2008, 08:12 PM
i'm not saying all thier rings are good, the DDE angel eyes they have are scrap. But the ML 00030 kit = umnitza pred chromiums. Just wanted to get that out there.

100% Truth.

BiggyAlex
02-18-2008, 12:00 PM
how do u insall them are they hard to do

NateoriouS
02-18-2008, 12:16 PM
nice.. i'm down

vadim321go
02-18-2008, 01:50 PM
if u order the glass headlights and the AE;s they will preinstall them for you.

otherwise its just a matter of gluing the AE's onto the lens and connecting the right wires.

BmW1819
02-18-2008, 04:19 PM
i bought some and i have the glass euro lights and it was a bit of work to install them i had to dremel some passage ways for the wire to go throgh and silconed it so water wont leak into them but it's a good weekday night project :) if u like to do that sort of thing . but the thing is i was thinking when the lights burn out u gotta replace it again and remove the glue i wish it was just a quick bulb replacement :( lol

rukawa
02-18-2008, 05:32 PM
On the DDM site, there is this new product for Pre-order Predator Orion, and the price is great for $65. The description says easy cold start and reduce maintenance. Would that be better than the Predator Chromium??

jordano99
02-18-2008, 06:02 PM
I've emailed ddm about 3X and still have no got a response on shipping, i see there based from caliy anyone know the shipping rates and did you have to pay duty?

rukawa
02-18-2008, 06:08 PM
yeah i just sent them an email on some of their products and shipping, so i am still waiting for their reply, hopefully within a day or 2.

jordano99
02-18-2008, 06:16 PM
i have been waiting for 3 weeks now, i know i can call them but email is free, they obviously dont want my business

propr'one
02-18-2008, 07:18 PM
i can tell you, DDMtuning has been ENORMOUSLY successful, as they basically sell umnitza products for half price.

I'd call them.

if you're cheap, use voip.

i know nothing about "predator orion", can't comment.

98Dinan3
02-18-2008, 07:29 PM
the "orion" rings are just a ring composed of 30 Leds arranged in a circle. They look, as it says on the ddm site, a "little lumpy". I guess they have less reliability issues, but look far less good than the ccfl rings...

rukawa
02-18-2008, 08:00 PM
on the e46fanatics forum, they say that the orion is suppose to be a lot better than the chronimum because it much more reliable, and the wiring should be easier. There have been much post on problems with the Predator Chromiums, so i dont'know i am more lean toward the Orion.

For me, I just want something that I won't need to deal with troubles later.

propr'one
02-18-2008, 08:15 PM
lol, wiring should be easier.

there's 2 wires now. are they gonna make it 1 wire? or zero wires? mabye now you just give them your credit card number and they e-mail you a self installing rar file that you run once and magically your car has angel eyes?

Mikeee46coup
02-18-2008, 08:58 PM
on the e46fanatics forum, they say that the orion is suppose to be a lot better than the chronimum because it much more reliable, and the wiring should be easier. There have been much post on problems with the Predator Chromiums, so i dont'know i am more lean toward the Orion.

For me, I just want something that I won't need to deal with troubles later.

^Bro, don't fall for Umnitza (Matts) marketing hype, he makes no decisions as to how Mycarr builds their parts, he's merely one of many people that repackages their stuff, I get a kick out of his posts on forums about the "Orion halos", acts like he's developing the product, when he's nothing more than a reseller.

The only person selling this stuff that has any input on Mycarrs decisions is Jim Powell (Apexcone/Xtec). Matt has just as much influence on R&D as you and I do.

tig
03-13-2008, 03:28 AM
Many of you have asked me where to get angel eyes.

The company which makes the predator chromiums for umnitza is called Mycarr.

The kit you want (stock for e46/e39, will work with very minor modification on e36) is the ML-00030 kit.

I bought this kit 2 years ago from bimmian, and couldn't find more since then.

Now you can buy them here

http://www.ddmtuning.com/prchfpa.html

From ddmtuning. This is the exact same rings as umnitza pred chromium, but 1/3 the cost.

I'm not going to be selling these, but i figure i would refer you guys to someone who is. Matt at umnitza once cost me 200$, and i dont want him making another penny by ripping people off.
Upgrade the ballasts, then you have a spare.

Good luck guys

sorry dont mean to bump an old thread i just saw this.. propr'one u said ..."The kit you want (stock for e46/e39, will work with very minor modification on e36) is the ML-00030 kit."
if you select the e36 option on that page are the AE's different quaility than for the e46?

propr'one
03-13-2008, 09:50 AM
The clips that come on it are a little different, but order the ones for the e36. Same CCFL's, just different clips.
good luck

E30 Girl
03-13-2008, 10:19 AM
yeah i just sent them an email on some of their products and shipping, so i am still waiting for their reply, hopefully within a day or 2.

I sent them an email a while ago I'm looking to get some stuff from them as well and I was told that to ship from there to my house in Mississauga will be about $65.

shimajer
03-13-2008, 10:52 AM
For the angel eyes, I tried to shipwith USPS .. it was only $19. It's a great deal guys.

Boots R
03-13-2008, 11:06 AM
Ew, LEDs for angel eyes?

Do yourself a favour and don't do it.

shimajer
03-13-2008, 11:21 AM
Have you seen them light up?
They light up better than the shit CCFL people buy from ebay.

Boss17
03-13-2008, 04:49 PM
Wow i just read up on these DDM Tuning AE's and they seem to be one of the best angel eye kits you can get now (and very affordable too). I think I'm gonna purchase the kit they have for sale with DEPO projectors and all. $280 for DEPO Gen 4's, 6000k bulbs w/ 55W upgrade, predator chromiums pre-installed, Lamin-x, and lifetime warranty. You can't beat that deal!

Boss17
03-14-2008, 02:16 AM
LOL i couldn't resist a good deal so i just placed my order lol.

GSTAR
03-15-2008, 07:43 PM
WOW **** utimiza. Ripped everyone off.

summit425
03-15-2008, 08:49 PM
DDM tuning.. their price is very good!! but I heard their shipping is crappy (takes too long) <<- is this true?

But seriously if I can get items from them within 2 weeks I will order anything from them for sure.

Boots R
03-15-2008, 09:00 PM
WOW **** utimiza. Ripped everyone off.

Not really.

rwdbmwm3
04-13-2008, 09:19 PM
i am interested in getting some headlight + HID + halos off of DDM but there are like 3 packages

what are the differences / preferred choices..
Type of headlight: DEPO (gen-4 or gen-n) or APEXCONE
Type of halos: chromium, dde plus or orion

Also, how big of a discount is that WHOLESALE THING, is it worth it?