PDA

View Full Version : hood latch busted, how to keep front of hood down temporarily?

e30jones
02-12-2008, 09:36 PM
My hood latch is fubar, won't latch, and I don't have time to replace it this week, (also the week I'm out of the office for work, and need the hood to stay shut).

I was thinking ratcheting tie down from the underside near the latch to somewhere on the lower portion of the rad support, but in my quick look this morning, I can't seem to see anywhere to hook onto. The fact that it was -26 here today didn't entice me to stay outside too long to investigate.

I know this is a ghetto fix, but I rarely drive the car more than 5 km's to work, and I'll feel like a pretty big tool if I show up in a client's parking lot with my hood popped.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Adam

hadesm5
02-12-2008, 11:31 PM
hmmm... well perhaps you can temporarily take out the pressurized cylinder so that there is no force to keep it popped out... and then find a wayto keep th hood in place, perhaps some tape or something...

Jamil
02-12-2008, 11:31 PM
My latch broke in the middle of a lap at Mosport. The magic answer for almost everything.... duct tape.

slemmer
02-13-2008, 12:29 AM
Tie a bungee cord down to the bumper shocks.

e30jones
02-13-2008, 12:38 AM
Thanks for the input guys...

... The magic answer for almost everything.... duct tape.

I think I may give this one a try, I can't believe I didn't think of this, guess my viewership of the Red Green show has been lacking in the past couple of years...